Thread: Hot Key Bars

Default Hot Key Bars

Hello all, i was just thinking that we all have 10 hot key pages which are nice to switch from and to get all the things you need. but for many bipeds they have lots of spells or dragons lots of forms i think i would be a wonderful idea if there were more pages im sure lots of bipeds and dragons would love this idea as i know i would love for my saris. just an idea let me know what you think or if this is possible

Default Re: Hot Key Bars

"Look here: http://community.istaria.com/forum/showthread.php?t=5750"

Er, my bad. I misread. At this time there are no plans to add more hotkey bars. I think there are some threads in the mods folder where people discuss ways they've worked around it using batch files and stuff.
    Last edited by AmonGwareth; July 14th, 2008 at 11:14 PM. Reason: misread
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Reopning cause I can't read...
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

heh heh. i was wondering no problem though thanks for the link it was useful also but not quite the same thing

I think it'd be a great idea. My dragon has almost full hotkeys, and that's with a dragon... I can't imagine what it'd be like for bipeds, will all their spells and abilities and stuff. XD
    <----clicky!

Why can't we make a mod (or the devs release it in a patch) that is driven with an in-game command?

Maybe we could have something like this:

/hotkeypagesave <name>

So, I make up my hotkey bars, and I type:

/hotkeypagesave warrior

And it saves the contents of my hotkeys to a .dat or config file, or something on my HDD.

I can now use this command:

/hotkeypageclear

To clear all my hotkeys at once, and then I change my school to Cleric, and make up my hotkeys. Then I'd type:

/hotkeypagesave cleric

And it saves it. Now let's say I level Cleric for awhile, and want to go back to being a Warrior. That's simple, we do this:

/hotkeypageload warrior

And it opens that file, loads up my hotkeys, and I'm done in 2 seconds.

Now, let's say I level several other schools and I Just can't remember what I named a hotkey page... so... I type:

/hotkeypagelist

And it will return:

Hot Key Page Listing:
    warrior
    cleric
    mage
    blacksmith
    outfitter
    knoc

etc.

Now, let's say I never have any intentions of touching, say, Cleric again. I can then do:

/hotkeypagedelete cleric

And this should pop up a confirmation box on the screen: "Really delete the Hot Key Page titled 'Cleric'?" Yes/No.

Now if you wanted to prevent bots/exploits/etc, just make it so that the hotkeypage* command cannot be used from within a macro or hotkey.

That would go a long long way to helping us out. 10 hotkey pages is really not enough, bipeds have far, far more than 100 abilities and spells that they will use in their careers.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

personally i would be happy with more hotbars - i got my 10 all filled up and still could use 10 more.....
    any way we might get even 2 or 4 more in future? pretty please?

(if that doesn't work i can command it as queen! )
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

With some fiddling I could add a button to each hotkey bar, but they are not functional >.>
    I have no idea how to make it work, I think it's something in the client that must be changed, and I'm not allowed to modify it >.>
    Dev please, could you do something ? :3

I think it was Everquest that added the ability to load/save button sets - I loved that. I would love to be able to make a set of hotkeys for crafting and one for hunting.

10 bars x 10 buttons would probably be enough if I could swap back and forth between craftng/hunting sets
    Barrak Stonebreaker - dwarf Knight of Creation
    Cerul - dragon hatchling
    Blight Server

How can you prevent /hotkeypage* from being called withing hotkeys? Is there some way to make certain text commands not valid through hotkeys, or is that something new they'd have to implement?

Otherwise, I think it's a wonderful idea. Certainly makes organization a great deal easier.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    At this time there are no plans to add more hotkey bars.
    Why?

<minimum post length defeater>
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

It would be nice if you had the known hotkey bars 1 - 10 and per bar a few (why not 10 too ) options so you would get 1-1, 1-2 etc 2-1 2-2 .. (bar 1 - option 1, bar 1 - option 2)
    Switching between bar 1, 2, 3, and so on with up and down arrow, switching between the options *-1, *-2 ... with the right/left arrow.
    You can keep the corresponding spells / abilities on the same bar number and add specific spells for the specific classes on the options.

- sometimes I like to dream -

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Thread Information