Thread: Consigner List Time Adjustment (Warning, flammable)

Default Consigner List Time Adjustment (Warning, flammable)

I was just over in another thread and AWDZ mentioned how nice it would be to have a shorter time on listing items on the connie.

So here's my suggestion:

An input box when you're listing items that pops up to ask how long you want to list the item. The price for the listing goes up to a degree the longer you want it listed for (beyond the baseline) and goes down the shorter the timeframe (below the baseline).

Simply select the number of days and then consigner adjusts their fee accordingly.

Now.. before the flaming starts.. what about the consigner to vault exploit?

Won't that make it easier for them to exploit it?

No. Most of them list it on a private connie anyway.. so 14 days vs 1 day.. won't make a difference.

Plus.. the connie exploit isn't really an exploit any more than setscale is.. It's a way to work around issues in the game. Any of you that have hunted mobs enmasse know what I'm talking about with setscale.. just like anyone that has deconstructed a lair knows what I mean about connie to vault. It becomes the only way to use your vault after that point.

Default Re: Consigner List Time Adjustment (Warning, flammable)

what i suggested was choosing 1-4 weeks, not 1 day, and i'm actually in favor of longer connie hold times for the stuff i put up.... i'm not in favor of giving myself higher connie fees :-/

it does make a difference, 1 week vs 1 day, due to the inconvenience of not being to add to vault, or to withdraw unless you are definitely going to use whatever it is immediately.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    The price for the listing goes up to a degree the longer you want it listed for (beyond the baseline) and goes down the shorter the timeframe (below the baseline).
    That should be just the other way around.
    If you want things longer consigned it's because you want to sell it to other players, that should be encouraged so lower priced.

Shorter is for a speedy and handy delivery to vault, if you want that you should pay more!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    That should be just the other way around.
    If you want things longer consigned it's because you want to sell it to other players, that should be encouraged so lower priced.

Shorter is for a speedy and handy delivery to vault, if you want that you should pay more!
    yes I agree, good idea

Well.. kind of the point of the connie isn't really the delivery to the vault. It's an economic function for the game for player to player sales. A longer listing would prevent having to be re-listed as often (hence saving the player money for each time the items are relisted) but a balance would need to be found on the amount of extra coin the player would have to pay for longer listings so it would be attractive to the player vs. having to relist the item.

As far as the vault issue goes, they can always just add a toggle box that says "add to vault" and charges you a flat fee. I think that would be handy for everyone anyway, especially in situations where you can't get to a vault and need to purchase items from the connie that you're standing at.. but your inventory is full. That type of thing.

I'm confused here.
    You started your suggestion with saying a shorter period on the connie should be cheaper, a longer one - more expensive.

The only reason why you would like a shorter period is when you want the stuff to go to your vault. That's not the intention of the connie so it should be much more expensive.

Extra coin for longer listing is contra productive.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

longer conni timer would be great

more expensive? i hope not, because a longer timer helps player to support the community with their stuff over a longer period of time, without putting the same item over and over into the consi

ok as a money sink you need to increase the price

The reason it would cost more to list an item for a longer period of time.. is to avoid having to RELIST it after it doesn't sell for another starting-over charge on the connie. So a small increase in the cost of doing business with the connie is preferable to having to pay after a set amount of time to relist the item (which would be much more expensive than the subtle and scaling increase of cost to list the item for say two weeks longer than normal). A shorter time means the connie has to tend your items a shorter period of time.. hence LESS expensive.

If you know your item will sell quickly.. list it for two days and get a considerable decrease in the amount you'll have to pay to list the item. If you're not sure and there's a ton of whatever you're selling, sell it for a longer period of time (take the subtle increase in price to list) and keep it there for a month so the entire load sells.

Hopefully that makes more sense now.

Thread Information