Thread: I need a vacation!!!

Default I need a vacation!!!

I need a couple of days where I can just sit in front of my computer playing games until my eyes bleed. Seriously. I know a lot of people look at people who play games and say that they need to get a life, but in my case, I have plenty of life. What I need is a break!

My husband and I own our own business. I am trying to get a new side business together. I have a three year old. (And believe me, she's like 5 kids in one!) I also have a 9 year old. And an 11 year old. (My 11-year-old son is long past bored with summer vacation and spends most of every day telling me so). I have a 19-year-old who lives in the apartment above ours... and he's a walking soap opera. Also, I have two additional kids (16 & 17) who live with their father and have been visiting off and on all summer. We live 300 miles from them, so all the travel has been a logistical nightmare.

You can imagine the housecleaning that goes along with 3 full-time kids and the three that are in and out of the house on a regular basis.

I love my kids. I love my husband. I just really need to unplug from the family, the house and the business before I lose what little mind I have left.

(Ok, rant over. Time for bed so I can get up and do it all again tomorrow. )
    Lissabet/Rosarien/Alurinda of Chaos

My Petting Zoo

Default Re: I need a vacation!!!

I totally feel with you, Lissabeth!

I had too much of RL in the last two years (for more sad reasons)
    Just stay alive, fight for free time and free space (and I know it`s a never ending fight).
    There will be other times , sooner or later^^

One day,( like me since the beginning of this year)you`ll wake up and realize,
    there is more time to spent for things you like to do, and less responsibilities.

Besides others, I really appreciate that I now can play my beloved Istaria whenever and as long as I want to do

Ouch Lissabet, just hang in there! I thought I had it bad working in a game shop over christmas all hours of the day, but at least I get a break when I come home!
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Thanks, guys... My teens are back for another visit. I take them home Sunday, and then I have a couple of weeks before my mom comes out for the weekend, and then school starts... Woo! That should slow things down quite a bit, once the initial rush of paperwork and buying last minute school supplies is over.
    Lissabet/Rosarien/Alurinda of Chaos

My Petting Zoo

You owe it to yourself and to the kids to take time off. If you don't take care of yourself, you'll eventually hit the point where you can't take care of anyone. Knowing when to recharge is part of knowing your limits.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information