Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Movie Theater Etiquette

Default Re: Movie Theater Etiquette

It's sad really. Those kids are getting abused. Perhaps not physically but certainly by neglect. They'll never be normal behaving social human beings because you need proper attention and good rolemodels to become one. On top of that they are probably disliked by a lot which will do no good for their selfimage causing again a lot of unwanted behaviour.

Some people should never have kids, they're just not fit to be a parent. But history will repeat and those not properly raised kids will have kids of their own and probably make the same mistakes.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

#cough# "the concept of unintelligent people enthusiastically out-breeding intelligent people #cough# just makes me think of those huge families that exist only to get more benefits from our government... Me and my ex have said it before, we appreciate everyones right to have kids but really, places like (Korea?) have it right in a sense with having licences to have kids and/or limiting the number you can have. Not that I really wish to restrict anyone but seriously, you have to be vetted by the RSPCA before you can adopt a neglected animal but anyone can just go out there and try for a baby.
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    But Brawndo has what plants crave. Brawndo has electrolytes.

And to get back on topic, last weekend we went to see Dark Knight again. It's much better without the obnoxious kid, and at least now I understand fully what happened.

you may also be interested in reading "Blind Faith" by Ben Elton. Another dark vision of the consumer-driven idiotic future.

I'm tempted to put "Idiocracy" on my "to rent" list.. if Blockbusters do it.
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Yea Dark knight was good

I had someone kicking my chair during the previews. Turned back and gave a look, no more chair kicking.

Hehe I agree with all the topic about "raising child correctly" and etc.

I don't know if here in Canada things are so different in theaters but at least adults are well behaved. I saw many "kids" movies in my life and most of the time, the parents knew when it was time to leave because their child was harrassing everyone.

For example, I went to see WALL-E a few weeks ago. During the previews, the little girl (2 years old max, why do you take a 2 years old anyway? she wont even understand the movie at all) didn't want to stay still (she was 2 chairs away from me). Then, the movie began. After 5 mins, she wanted to go to the bathroom, so they went and came back. 10 mins later, she was singing and wanting to go to the toilet again. His father took her, they got out and never came back. He also said sorry to me and the people around him, while he was going out of the theater. THAT is a good parent, he tried to tell her many times that she was.. well... annoying the people around her

Also, I went to see Dark Knight (best movie evaaaaaaaaa ). All was well, there were me and like 7 people. 30 mins after the beginning (30 mins!! come back for the next session!!!) a little boy and 2 other people came in and sit 2 rows behind me. RIGHT AFTER they seated, the little boy took one of those red lasers and put the red spot on the screen, trying to aim for Batman (). He did it one time and stopped. He did it again 1 min after, a guy in the row behind me turned to him and said "stop that right now" and he stopped. The people with him (his parents I guess) did not say a word.

I don't know if it's everywhere like that (parents don't saying a word when you say to their child to stop that) but I sure wish it would.
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

2 rows behind you?

If that was me. I would have stood up, jumped up the two rows and grabbed that stupid pen and stomped it into the ground.

That is the most annoying. Disrespectful and irritating thing that any punk in a theater can do.

Some talking you can at least attempt to ignore. BRIGHT RED SPOT ON THE SCREEN is less easy to shrug off...

I can't say much about doing annoying things in a theater... but a few friends and I, back when I was in HS, took the liberty to enter the theater armed with flour tortillas... we happened to wind up in a theater with only us, and so we had a tortilla fight in the theater while the movie was going... we subsequently got removed from the theater and asked not to return, but we only bothered the theater folks, no patrons, so I don't feel so bad, but if there were folks in the theater trying to actually watch the movie, we would've not been so disregarding of the theater etiquette.
    Elated that HZ is no longer in the hands of the Infidels.

Now.. I may have to split my time between 2 games... CS:S and HZ...

Wink Re: Movie Theater Etiquette

Quote Originally Posted by Fratricide View Post
    I can't say much about doing annoying things in a theater... but a few friends and I, back when I was in HS, took the liberty to enter the theater armed with flour tortillas... we happened to wind up in a theater with only us, and so we had a tortilla fight in the theater while the movie was going... we subsequently got removed from the theater and asked not to return, but we only bothered the theater folks, no patrons, so I don't feel so bad, but if there were folks in the theater trying to actually watch the movie, we would've not been so disregarding of the theater etiquette.
    hehe my friends and me wanted to do a popcorn fight once but then we saw that there was other people watching the movie so we stayed quiet
    BlueFire Mertandel, angel of the blue mist

I got seated in a restaurant today next to a lady and her two children who were just yelling and carrying on and acting like idiots. She was clearly embarrassed, but not enough to take them out and straighten them out. I don't hate kids. I've got six of them... but our Monday lunch out is the only time my husband and I really get to spend together.

On the other hand, we took our 3 youngest kids (11, 9, and 3) to see Wall-E, and our 3 year old was annoyingly noisy at first. (At 3, she is capable of understanding most of what she sees. She recounts the stories of movies and shows and acts them out... but if you saw our 3 year old, you'd probably think she was 2, max... I have very small children.) On the other hand, it was a summer weekday morning matinee of an animated movie, so she wasn't bothering many people, and she wasn't ruining too many dates. She did settle down. It was her first time in a movie theatre, so she was excited by the whole experience. Once that wore off, she settled down, just at the point that I was ready to go sit in the lobby with her.
    Lissabet/Rosarien/Alurinda of Chaos

My Petting Zoo

Read this today and thought it might be an interesting story for this thread. Happy hunting and safe journeys.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/28401781/?GT1=43001

wow, no wonder the yankees are so virulently anti-guns, they shoot each other over a movie!

Thread Information