Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Istaria Wiki

Default Re: Istaria Wiki

Yesterday has been a great day for me.
    Not only have I finished the Draak Attunement : The Lost Colony as lvl 30/42/35 Hatchling like my goal has been ever since I created my alt, but I have also managed to place the whole lore story about the loss of the Draak Academy in the quest on the Wiki for those that love to read it again.

I will post it as well in the Lore part of the forum.

While it is a very sad story about a sad day in dragon history I always love to read it. Especially how Breath-of-Fire ashes a elf for being annoying.

as a side note!
    I still think the quest should be allowed also at lower adventure level as long as you have enough crystalshaping skill to finish the quest, had to level 12 Adv levels before being allowed to start, while I made the Aughundel => Morning Light as well as the Aughundel => Harro run at level 12.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Quote Originally Posted by Dragonboy View Post
    Yesterday has been a great day for me.
    Not only have I finished the Draak Attunement : The Lost Colony as lvl 30/42/35 Hatchling like my goal has been ever since I created my alt, but I have also managed to place the whole lore story about the loss of the Draak Academy in the quest on the Wiki for those that love to read it again.

I will post it as well in the Lore part of the forum.

While it is a very sad story about a sad day in dragon history I always love to read it. Especially how Breath-of-Fire ashes a elf for being annoying.

as a side note!
    I still think the quest should be allowed also at lower adventure level as long as you have enough crystalshaping skill to finish the quest, had to level 12 Adv levels before being allowed to start, while I made the Aughundel => Morning Light as well as the Aughundel => Harro run at level 12.
    Great job! This was one of my favorite stories, though so sad -- so glad to see it archived!

Quote Originally Posted by Aywren View Post
    Great job! This was one of my favorite stories, though so sad -- so glad to see it archived!
    I had the same thought ever since I completed the quest with my main dragon, only shortly after I had to reinstall everything due to some technical difficulties and lost the logs. So I had to quickly level my hatchling to minimal requirement for both Lairshaping and Adventure. The later unfortunately happened to be way higher then that I had intended to level for my hatchling at this time, but the reward of reading the story was worth killing a few hundred small, regular (and a few large) Ruxus I guess.
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Does the wiki list all the spells in the game that players can use?
    I just lost the game.

Quote Originally Posted by jerk-o View Post
    Does the wiki list all the spells in the game that players can use?
    Unfortunately, no. This is currently a work in progress at the very early stages I'm afraid - the list of spells (very small) can be found on the Spells Category page, and we are working at including them so you can view via your skill in the spell area, such as Life and Nature.

The complete list is currently available on Chasing's Crimson Dawn site, on the schools page there is a link to the spell lists for each school.
    Want to know more? Visit the Istaria Wiki!

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    Unfortunately, no. This is currently a work in progress at the very early stages I'm afraid - the list of spells (very small) can be found on the Spells Category page, and we are working at including them so you can view via your skill in the spell area, such as Life and Nature.

The complete list is currently available on Chasing's Crimson Dawn site, on the schools page there is a link to the spell lists for each school.
    Actually, this looks easier that I first thought. I was able to import all the Cleric spells as a test, so visiting any Wiki page for Skills should now display a list of spells available for that skill.

I haven't put this list on the individual schools page as yet, because it would be very large. Will probably make a separate page for those i.e. one spells page per school.

And thanks to EfrenCecht and the other hard-working wiki editors for helping put it all together!

Quick update - the majority of spells have been bulk-imported into the Wiki, so you should be able to at least see a list of spells for each skill i.e. Life, Nature, Spirit, etc.

I am still thinking about whether to create a list for each school... some of the schools (like Mage and Spiritist) have access to about 500 spell tiers, so it would be quite a large page. But it would be very handy to be able to visit the school page and know what spells you have access to "next"...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i want to take this time to once again hail and rain mighty praises on stale and all the contributors to the wiki......
    you guys so totally rule da skewl that i can only shrink in awe from your great brilliance......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

lol - on behalf of the Wikarians (new word of the day! wonder if it will catch on!) I thank the Cheese Queen. One is humbled by your kind words.

There are spell definitions still missing (probably 5-10%?), and the main spell pages need to be added as well. Bit by bit though, page by page...

Made some changes.

Changes to NPC’s
    Lem the Cold
    Kaa the Shade
    Shadow Dragon
    Seliena the Briliant

Changes to Abilities
    Gold Rage
    Decimate Light (new)
    Kill (new)

Changes to Items
    Helian Phylactery (new)
    Lunus Phylactery (new)
    Shimmering Scale (new)

Changes to Damage Types
    Death (new)

Noted - thanks DB, looks fantastic

Reading the wiki has made me re-realise how much I love Istaria.

Thanks for the hard work guys, you gave me a wonderful trip through memory lane
    Get the map pack here - Get the REAL ancient models here!
    Get White Teeth and Claws for your Dragon here!

100/100 Ancient Dragon, member of the first group of 8 to ascend to ancient on Unity.
    This sig was designed for Firefox (stupid IE still can't handle png )
    www.AncientOrder.org

Quote Originally Posted by Cobal View Post
    Reading the wiki has made me re-realise how much I love Istaria.

Thanks for the hard work guys, you gave me a wonderful trip through memory lane
    You are welcome. For some of us, keeping the wiki going is part of the fun of the game.
    Members of The Eyes of Istaria on Chaos; Swordmage on the Wiki.
    Bipeds: Gwendora and Flinq Armstrong
    Dragon: Gildenstern

I have just noted on the Wikia statistics page that we have recently ticked over 20,000 edits! Some interesting stats from data in the wiki:

- There are 4000+ pages, of which:
    - 575 quests (not including T2 revamp! more to come!)
    - 58 Spell lines
    - 167 Named Creatures (we might be close to having the full set! If anyone knows different let us know!)
    - 712 NPCs
    - 231 Locations

My personal thanks to the hard-working Wik-arians (there's that new word again!) (there are over 70 different contributors to the wiki over the last 6 months or so!) who put up with my nagging, whining, spell-checking, grammar-protecting, format-specifying and general wiki-promoting self

Well done everyone! I never dreamed the Wiki would ever get this large, and by all reports people are finding it a valuable resource. Maybe it helps that I pulled the plug on the old GI site *sniggers evilly* </joke>

woot!! go wikistarians go!!! :-D

Does anyone have any screenshots of the/an Avatar of Pain for the wiki? And are there other Avatars? None of my toons are high enough level to go toe-to-toe with one of those shirt-challenged beasties

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    It is now fixed.. and no there is no any other avatars, aop is just named abomination..
    Timeo danaos et dona ferentis..

Ah! Abomination, tyvm looks great!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

its not a good one, but here is the aop:

you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Reminder that people with good screenshot skills would probably find LOTS to keep them busy in the wiki. And it's not hard at all-- if I can reverse-engineer a whole page, most people can probably figure out how to stick in nice little screenshots of monsters and places and people and things.

>.>
    <.<

/shameless plug

Thread Information