Thread: My big Rants: Vaults and mail.

Default My big Rants: Vaults and mail.

OK, since this is a "Rant" section, here are my main two main "beefs" about Istaria:

1. I have a vault. Let's say for arguments sake, my vault holds 3800 bulk. I put some stuff on the connie to sell. In the meantime, my vault fills up with other goodies. The unsold items are sent back to my vault DESPITE it being full already. I hate the way this EXPLOIT is abused in this game by, what appears to be, so many. With the exception of novians- if your vault is full it should be at its limit- and you should lose anything that comes back to it. Tough, you knew the stuff might not sell- you need to allow for that. Bet it would help keep prices down for items as well, lol...

2. No in-game e-mail system. Sure would be nice to leave a message for someone when he/she logged in. Heck, I'd even pay a little for the priveledge (real cash, not coin). Be neat to even have like a post-office at the vaults where one could pick up his/her mail- that way it could be incorporated as an actual aspect of the game itself.

That's it. Really, THAT'S IT. OK, still ticked off that they haven't corrected the problem with the dead areas around the Sandstone Bluff worktable, or the "black box area" around Greenpeace outside of Kion, or the fact that Istaria still isnt Vista compatible (all these are low-level glitches that i hear noobs complain about- and has the potential to drive away "new blood"). But, hey, this is a great product with a mature, friendly community and alot of potential. I'm here for the long-haul

I feel better now.

Default Re: My big Rants: Vaults and mail.

this rant is exemplary in my eyes.
    I wished they all were like that!
    My respect, Yarsgo

For #1, there is no easy answer unfortunatly.

Some peope use this as a way of cheap storage yes and I'm not too happy about it either, but there are those who DO put things on the connie to sell.

It's a pain in the butt to suddenly have a vault dump and have to relist them individually, especially in the case of our confectioners who provide much needed food or those that put up consumables for the general population 'just so they are there'.

If you were to have vault dumped items deleted, you can be sure no one would put anything other than a crystal or two on a cosigner. You think the economy is bad now, try taking out that only revenue of sales. With no other feasable way of offline communication, everyone would suffer with no way of getting anything they needed.

Imagine wanting to sell something without a connie. You'd have to just stand around or be on call ready to drop everything else you're doing in order to make a sale. Not my idea of fun.

Actually, due to the lack of other types of ways to store extra stuff - I am very thankful that stuff defaults into my vault.

Yea, I use it that way - if I didn't half my crafting would be wasted as I'd have no way to store it anywhere until I needed it for the next item/chamber. I couldn't keep components that I'm going to need int he future...

So much would be lost - due to the heavy volume of things this game requires us to craft/use at some point.

The Vault limit should be raised even more IMO - if they want to get rid of the "default to the vault" thing...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Ohh rant about valut, I have the highest valut upgrade with 14k bulk and the laughable 300 item stack, I hoped before my expensive upgrade the item stack would be raised, but nothing meh!

It should be at least 500 item stack for the latest upgrade because 300 is just a joke, after so long time playing you just gather so much stuff that you need to make mule chars, because the valut item stack is very small with only 300 items.

I would love also a mail system, because with the different time zones it is very hard to catch someone you seek or need to talk to.

Just my 2 cents.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Vault...too small. That's all I have to say. Ok, maybe not all. What if (and don't flame me for it, it's an opinion after all) dedicated crafter's who have gained a certain level(s) get more vault room? Say when you hit Journeyman level in a craft you gain x amount of vault storage and an extra y item stacks? Then it would increase again when you reach Expert & Master. I know that Adventurers gain lots of items also, but I think crafting is what bogs up the vaults.

I like the idea of in game mail, although the pay to use idea is not that good imho unless it was a number of mails you could send/store. And definitely would like a post office, but with maybe a log-in notice saying you have mail so you don't waste time going to the post office every log in to check and see if you have mail or not.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

vand's vault idea is interesting - not being a programmer, not sure how it would work out, and can't say i would mind it getting implemented or not, really. however, i do totally agree that both the stack and the bulk (o man, especially the bulk) of vaults do most def need to be increased.

in game mail is one of the very few things i would love to have in horizons! it is so handy for sending things to other players......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

It is unfortunate we cannot buy extra vaults instead of extra vault space. This would allow characters to have more than 1 vault for storage then maybe we could excede the 300 item cap. Have it set so the letter V plus a number would open each specific vault....say 1-4
    Vengeance 100/100/41 Lunus Dragon on Chaos
    79 Million Hoard
    Moregoth the Hunter 278 rating
    28 level 100 adventure classes

Speaking of vaults... on the login page, it lists all my account info, like character limits, max logins, etc.

Also listed there is "Max Vault Slots: 0"

What is that and how do you get additional slots?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Speaking of vaults... on the login page, it lists all my account info, like character limits, max logins, etc.

Also listed there is "Max Vault Slots: 0"

What is that and how do you get additional slots?

I'm pretty sure this is not implemented. It was mentioned in another thread but I don't recall if it was something the Dev's were still planning on or if it just hadn't been removed.

There was a post about vault size here.

Contains useful information and insight on this topic.

Basically, the vault is a part of your player footprint-in essence it is a part of you as is everything in your spell and formula book. If one were to be increased, there would be a noticible difference in the amount of lag for the player.

This older thread contains some information about the possible future of an in-game email system:

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17936

Look for the first post from LaughingOtter. Hope this helps.

Safe journeys and happy hunting.

Shargrailar

Thanks to all, and especially to Shian (for the great explanation) and Shar (for the link concerning setting up an e-mail system. Concerning the in-game mail, while I didnt care for the dev Velea's two-cents in this (see the link above, posted by Shar), I do appreciate her candor and bluntness concerning the difficulty in setting it up and applying it to the game itself.

Concerning the issue of overloading the vault: There will have to be adjustments made of some sort concerning the connie/vault relationship, but there has to be practical limitations. I propose a "sub-vault" of maybe 1000 bulk/100 items that the connie can dump to. As for the main vault, if you hit your limit, and you get something else of value, have someone else hold onto it (maybe a friend or one of your back-up characters(aka "mule") or just "suck it up" and delete some old piece of junk. In any case, I am a crafter at heart, refuse to abuse the connie/vault relationship and am all for a true "cap" on vaults.

Thread Information