Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Khutit Form Aesthic-Only Tweak requested.

Default Khutit Form Aesthic-Only Tweak requested.

I think the Dragon's Khutit form is missing something....

Does anyone else ever have this thought, when you use your Khutit Form spell?

It just doesn't look right without wings on its back, really. Is there any way we could get wings on the Khutit Form, that way we don't get mistaken for a Sslik? It would look a lot better.

I'm not asking to fly (it would be cool if we could fly in Khutit Form, but not necessary), it is mostly aesthetic and would make the dragons in khutit form look beyond cool.

Also, could we Please have a change in their Gathering animation/sound? Swinging their fist at the the node with a "whoosh" sound just... doesn't sound/look right. Could they, maybe, kneel and dig (using the same sound the dragon form does) with their hands instead?

Edit: baaah can't edit the typo in the subject.... lol

Default Re: Khutit Form Aesthic-Only Tweak requested.

Yep and with such a change there would be more likelihood that dragons would change form and not make access to vault and connie NPC's and the portals at Bris so difficult for a biped to find - and we can buff either form...

Knossos

Doesn't matter to me personally, I use the khutit mod that makes you a hatchling instead...

But I think khutit would look good with wings. Dragons shouldn't loose them altogether in the transition to two legs. They don't loose their tail, or their arms, right? So why should they loose any limbs at all?

Lots of gathering animations need work. Poor cows....
    <----clicky!

I kinda like the idea.

Although, I do have a question. Do the khutit forms only have one head style? As in, not similar to the actual head of the dragon? I've only seen one head style on them so far, and they all look like the dragon head with the multiple spikes coming out the back. So there are no head styles similar to the one with earfins, or the spiral horns, or the domed-head-with-several-horns? Or am I just seeing the most popular one?

Because if there really is only one head style for the khutit, I'd also suggest heads that look similar to the Dragon's actual head.

problem with khutit head is it handles khutit form entirely differently from how it handles normal form. the way the engine is set up, it cannot keep track of head types when you change form.

My reply to the post above would be: Then change the way the engine is set up. Only issue there is as ever, is is there enough manpower to make such changes.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Couldnt you some how make the khutit file look for the character's head file(if it is a file or where it might be by some other name) when the ability is used??
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

If you're talking about a player mod, someone already tried that and it was very difficult (head is wrong size and position, has to be completely altered to fit onto the body) and all Khutits on your screen would then have that head instead of any other head.

If you're talking about VI doing it, then that's exactly what Callak said: Changing the way the engine currently works with the Khutit model.
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

The thing about the khutit head is that it isn't identical to the dragon head it resembles. It's a different model. That means that even if it were able to support displaying different heads, they would all need modified models as well.

Really though, I wouldn't be opposed to getting a new craft animation. The flax-gathering thing always annoyed me.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

I don't really mind the Khutit form... some representation that two extra limbs should be there would be interesting, but would have to be done right. I can't see any other way than just a big pair of wings hanging down your back like an angel with bat wings. Perhaps just a tiny representative pair? I'd almost say don't bother... *almost*

One thing that does nerf me is not being able to wear anything. With the right colours, even a khutit form dragon looks awesome, but it would be good if we could equip clothes. You could see this as further efforts for the dragons' integration with the other races. I'm talking about clothes only, and not any weapons or armour (baring scales of course!).

Rakku

My kutit wish list:
    1) Fix the kutit transformation withered scale skin overlay bug.
    2) A similar head to the one that belongs to that kutit's dragon form.
    3) More appropriate animation for the particular harvesting that the kutit does when crafting.

Wings I care not. The real purpose of kutit form in my opinion is for the kutit form in my opinion is
    1) ICly - to allow dragons to interact better with bipeds.
    2) ICly - allow dragons to go places where bipeds can/use shops.

- this has become more of a RP thing these days since the dragon model footprints were adjusted so it doesn't matter, I honestly liked it better before, where you had to shift to enter buildings etc. IMO the only real reason this was changed was because it was incovenient for crafters who used biped buildings and they complained about waiting to shift forms every time they visited the shop, and the devs at that time seemed to cater to crafters. I think it's somthing they should have had to deal with, or simply use dragon made shops that actually fit them. This could have also been used creatively by the devs in dungeon situations, since cavers have big places and small places, and using kutit weakens a dragon, so I'm sad that the footprint was adjusted and this possibility removed.

Wings I think would be counterproductive, getting snagged on things and knocking over lamp fixtures and such. A biped form really doesn't take well to wings I think for the purpose that it was intended.
    Last edited by CallakDW; August 11th, 2008 at 03:30 PM.

* snuffles curiously*

- this has become more of a RP thing these days since the dragon model footprints were adjusted so it doesn't matter, I honestly liked it better before, where you had to shift to enter buildings etc. IMO the only real reason this was changed was because it was incovenient for crafters who used biped buildings and they complained about waiting to shift forms every time they visited the shop, and the devs at that time seemed to cater to crafters. I think it's somthing they should have had to deal with, or simply use dragon made shops that actually fit them. This could have also been used creatively by the devs in dungeon situations, since cavers have big places and small places, and using kutit weakens a dragon, so I'm sad that the footprint was adjusted and this possibility removed.
    I don't get why crafters were complaining in the first place; you don't even have to enter a building to craft, you just get up against the wall, and the machine still "counts". I can't remember the last time I actually entered a building to do crafting, lol.

Yup. Same here. Only time I go in the building is when someone builds silos or objects next to the machine so I cannot be next to the structure. Which is more often than you think, hence why I think something was said about it.

Rather difficult to hit that optimum number when crafting if you debuff yourself first!

Yes, the khutit form isn't even really useful for crafting - as it debuffs all your stats!

It is/was only meant to allow easier access to biped buildings overall...that was it. Purely asthetic - to keep big draggie butts from blocking everything in a building .

It has attack and craft debuffs that, IIRC, significantly reduce stats.

Wings would be a cool addition.

But honestly all I've ever wanted the dang thing to have is the right head!!
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

I honestly think my head with the large horns would look silly on the tiny khutit form.... I don't really care as I rarely use khutit as it is.

Wings would just look silly and honestly, I kinda liked the fact that the first time I saw a sslik, I thought it was a dragon in bipedal form. Was dissappointing when I found out that upon gaining this form I couldn't wear clothing like the one I saw.

The "hit" animation does look ridiculous. Kneeling and digging would be cool. Speaking of, does that khutit to hatchie mod still make the woosh sound or does it dig? I really need to get around to installing that.... If I'm going to have a debuff on me, I may as well be cute

I think the Khutit Form only reduces Strength and Armor, if I recall. It is only two stats, and I know Strength is one of them. But yes, Strength -100 isn't exactly small for crafts like Smelting. I think the Devs did that, so people wouldn't fight in Khutit Form (to make mobs easier to target, of course), but still....

That does hurt crafting a bit, yes.

Also, during battle, I believe the Khutit's attack animation is a simple punch. Too bad there wasn't a way to program a claw swipe animation instead.

Khutit form is -100 str, -100 power, and -45 armor.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Quote Originally Posted by Veruliyam View Post
    Khutit form is -100 str, -100 power,
    See, that right there is every single craft skill. Not one is unaffected by it, worst of all is the dragon lairshaping class which uses both stats as it's bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    See, that right there is every single craft skill. Not one is unaffected by it, worst of all is the dragon lairshaping class which uses both stats as it's bonus.
    So go find a dragon lair to craft in. Dragons are big, and bipeds shops aren't made for them. A dragon is supposed to get their stringth in part from their size I would think. There should be some disadvantages to being big!

* snuffles curiously*

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    So go find a dragon lair to craft in. Dragons are big, and bipeds shops aren't made for them. A dragon is supposed to get their stringth in part from their size I would think. There should be some disadvantages to being big!
    There's already quite a number of disadvantages. I don't think further hindering crafting should be one of them. -Especially- when it comes to lair mazes. I know many a dragon that just can't/won't use lairs because they are too disorienting.

Plus, how many plots are in Istaria vs. how many lairs? How many communities have no lairs at all? That makes about as much sense as making it so dragons can only craft at thier own home and nowhere else.

Thread Information