Thread: A very sad experience

Default A very sad experience

My relatives flew out from the east cost to spend a week with me this afternoon, and as I was unpacking the computer my nephew who I have given a Horizons subscription to for the past 3 years for his birthday asked me the following question. "Uncle, would you consider playing WoW with me instead of Horizons since I can't play it anymore since we had to get the new computer last fall?" I feel bad that he hasn't been able to use his birthday present in over half a year, and even worse that I can't give him a good reason for it, let alone any assurance when he can again. At this point though I can't blame him for wanting to sign up for an online game that we can both play and spend at least some VR time hanging out from opposite sides of the country. While we all learn the harsh reality of disillusionment at some point in our lives, it is unfortunate that he had to gain some of that knowledge from Istaria.

Default Re: A very sad experience

Quote Originally Posted by Barnaby Gump View Post
    My relatives flew out from the east cost to spend a week with me this afternoon, and as I was unpacking the computer my nephew who I have given a Horizons subscription to for the past 3 years for his birthday asked me the following question. "Uncle, would you consider playing WoW with me instead of Horizons since I can't play it anymore since we had to get the new computer last fall?" I feel bad that he hasn't been able to use his birthday present in over half a year, and even worse that I can't give him a good reason for it, let alone any assurance when he can again. At this point though I can't blame him for wanting to sign up for an online game that we can both play and spend at least some VR time hanging out from opposite sides of the country. While we all learn the harsh reality of disillusionment at some point in our lives, it is unfortunate that he had to gain some of that knowledge from Istaria.
    Technically, it's not Istaria's fault but Microsoft's. Istaria precedes Vista. Just like "Master of Magic" precedes Windows. It is unfortunate, but sometimes that's the way of things. Our favorite old toy is unusable after some time. For video games, that can be rather quick on the scale of things.

Default Re: A very sad experience

ok i was confused i did not know this was yet another vista rant,
    hope things work out for you on wow tho Bar and you return to Hzns to see us every now and then if you decide to go

Thread Information