Thread: Multiclassing a Caster

Default Multiclassing a Caster

Hi,

What are peoples opinions on the best way to multiclass a caster?
    Most powerful combination...
    Most fun combination...

Thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Default Re: Multiclassing a Caster

what do you want to do? i dont know what spells you will enjoy more ^^ but the best combo (my personal view) is healer/spiritist/druid every class can use the spells (99%) of the other school and uses very usefull abilities too then get some mage lvls to master multicast II ^^

I am in absolutely no way an expert, but I do know that there is more than one type of caster. Generally, you ought to pick out just what sort of magic you're interested in or what kind of playstyle you want, then build your character to fit that role. At the basic level, there are two styles of magic, elemental and spirit/nature. Elemental would include fireballs and such, whereas spirit/nature is druid and spiritist stuff. Generally adventure classes don't mix elemental with spirit/nature type magics.

I'm in no place to make any suggestions myself, but I will direct you to this thread as well as the schools section of the Gamersinfo site. The Gamersinfo site has information on what school concentrates on what magic, what spells/abilities they get, etc.

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

Originally from Palmyra, now "South Selen".

Smile A "living" multi-class caster

Ever since my feet left the ground, I have been a caster. After many sets of silkies and tough battles, I have learned a thing or two . If you wish to yap about such trivialities, please seek me on Order on most days.

~< Gengel >~

Default Re: A "living" multi-class caster

Theres generaly and i use the term loosely 2 types of caster.. Arcane (ice flame etc) and the other lol spirit life an nature.

arcane-mage conj wiz sorc healer and battle mage/knoc/chaos warrior as a main for the armor an ya canuse alll arcane spells an 2 revs, lota spells an 4 aoes that are spells 5 actually damaging

nature/life/spirit- druid spiritist bloodmage healer cleric just about what ever gets those skills up. mine is druid healer guardian bloodmage shaman storm disciple mage and ranger an reaver has 4 aoes that are spells that do damage

an thats just the begiing
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Default Re: A "living" multi-class caster

This is more of a question, but since I am preparing to add another major school to my Druid/Ranger (with minor in Scout (for longshot) and Cleric (for Rez)) a little advice from those with experience in this might help:

In encountering nature-resistant monsters, and considering my obiviously Nature-attack orientation, would Guardian be a good school to supplement the above fields? In looking at Nature's Adjudication, this aparently Masterable skill appears to have the ability to break down the nature resistance. Seems to me it would be quite handy as a Ranger using lightning arrows and casting nature spells as a supplement. Just how effective is this skill on nature-resistance baddies?

Any input appreciated!!

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Not really as Guardian is more of a 'brute force' type and needs the Tp's dumped in Str (which goes against your char.
    I would recomend Spiritist thou as you get some nice heal type spells and your main attack will hit everything (even ignores the Harden shell from those pesky beetles).
    It will compliment your nature magik as you can use both sets of spells in either school.
    (Also Guardian limits you to only 3 heal spells)

Thread Information