Thread: ? whats this .. theme thing ?

Default ? whats this .. theme thing ?

i was lloking aorund in the opthons and i foind this 2 new things ..

? what dos theme do and how do u get it to wrok ?
    horizons_1218052382.jpg

Roar gliding ... : ) .. but it's for the biggers dragons .. ? does that man there well be no gliding for the hachlings ?
    horizons_1218052389.jpg
    http://staronlightwing.deviantart.com/
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

Default Re: ? whats this .. theme thing ?

Opps well i got the pic mixed up heh .. and i cant move them around .. heh .. well the booten one was to b the top one and the top one was to the bottem one .. opps ; )
    Hellenia hord 95869756, lv's 100.100.63 Staron hord 151402610 lv's 100.100.83 Josanna hord 2275812 lv's 100.100.87 Figes hord 126074906 lv's 57.34.00

The gliding thing they HAD on Blight, but they rolled back the Client (and all of its fixes and tweaks) because of bugs having to do with the new graphics rendering thingie.

I assume Themes are in the same boat. Think of them, as features that may be coming in the future, if they can solve just went wrong with the new Blight client.

looks like theme has a drop down with no choices yet... i wonder what video themes there would be - if it would incorporate some of the player mods like the colored wisps and dragon colorings, or if it has to do with standard set ups for detail quality vs. performance speed.

the glide option shows up for gnomes too, i wonder if i'll get to be a sort of flying gnome! :-)

I thought theme was an option at one point, but as you already have a player mod installed, I'm guessing that would ovverride it whenever it becomes availible as a UI color scheme.

The themes are indeed UI color schemes .. they were included on the client on blight that got rolled back .. once that client goes live again, you can choose your color scheme (theme) from the options rather than installing it to the resources_override directory.

It included the wisp colors, as well!

The gliding affected only winged creatures, (dragons and dryads), Awdz. The good news for Awdzy and Hellenia, though, is that it did affect hatchlings! This thread contains a video link of a hatchie gliding, I believe. My hatchie, Cerridwin, made it from the bridge to the Chico floating Island all the way to the lair entrance behind the shrine. She had so much fun that she ran around jumping off any high place she could climb to before the rollback.

The fact that they show up again in our options makes me hopeful that the fix is in sight! (I have no idea if that is the case, however).

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    looks like theme has a drop down with no choices yet... i wonder what video themes there would be - if it would incorporate some of the player mods like the colored wisps and dragon colorings, or if it has to do with standard set ups for detail quality vs. performance speed.

the glide option shows up for gnomes too, i wonder if i'll get to be a sort of flying gnome! :-)
    Hmmm Gnome in the sky

*Takes off looking for a Mid air snack *

MMMMMMMMMmm tasty
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Hmmm Gnome in the sky

*Takes off looking for a Mid air snack *

MMMMMMMMMmm tasty
    LOL. Your dreams of gnomes falling from the sky like rain will never come true, I fear. Poor LC.

Ah but its a Wonderful dream it is so so Gnomie good

Sorry awdz i am just teasing don't poison me lol
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

? but i am not on blight ? i am on order ?

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

I would have to say it's part of the rolled-back client. Not all of it was rolled back. I use the 382.13 version and have the theme section as well, but it does nothing on my system when I do select one of the other choices.

I do know it was mentioned in one of the other threads that the different colored themes were to be implemented. It was originally a set of player-made mods.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by Hellenia View Post
    ? but i am not on blight ? i am on order ?
    Blight is the Test Server. If something appears on Blight, assuming nothing goes wrong with it, and it works as intended, you can expect to see it on Order and Chaos after a couple weeks to a month. This allows the Developers to allow Players like you and I to test things before they hit the "Live" servers (Order and Chaos), so they don't end up screwing up the works.

So basically, just wait and see. The Hatchling Gliding and Themes -were- on Blight, but they were part of an update that was very buggy, glitchy, and crashy, so they had to roll it back and give it further testing and debugging. When they are confident enough, they will again patch it to Blight, and hopefully this time, the bugs will have been worked out, and a bit later we may see it on Order and Chaos.

How I Yearn for the day it hits Order.. *grins* Trust me, all of us are just as excited about these features as you are, and we all yearn for these additions/patches, etc... but we must be patient, I like the game's stability, and don't want to be crashing every 15min due to various graphical errors. Give them time! *grins*

So many awesome things were planned in that client update, we're all just as excited about it as you are.

Thread Information