Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Friend/Foe Buff/debuff display.

Default Re: Friend/Foe Buff/debuff display.

Every game I've played has had this feature. IT's so annoying as a cleric to try to cast gifts on someone when they have full or partially full gift slots already.. plus you don't know what already-existing enhances, raises or surges they have.. so you could actually do more harm than good by casting on them. And it really hurts the whole point of ninja buffing!

The person casting buffs should know if those buffs are alread on that person. I think this should be a toggleable feature under a menu (or just given an activation script like /buffs until the rest can be dealt with).. use it if you want type thing...

But knowing what buffs are on the person you're trying to cast on.. or at least knowing if they've got something funky going so a pure would be in order is pretty much a given. I'm sure they'll have this at some point.

Does it need to be all the same icons as the characters have on them? I can't see how it would work without them... it seems, from a coding aspect, that would be the easiest way to do it. Granted you can already see their health (the exact number even) so people can't complain that this isn't RP or useable since they already know "magically" that the person has exactly X pints of blood left. So they'll just "magically" know what buffs/debuffs are cycling on the person at that time as well.

This is a must have if the game is getting back on it's feet.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

My god, how about asking if they want buffs, and if they want buffs, ask them which ones they want? Does noone want to communicate these days anymore?

I see neither a big problem in hunting with a group, they just have to type it in the chat if they want something, or come in voice chat if they are too lazy to type. It takes not so much time during a fight to say mezz or root, stun etc., or make a macro that you just have to hit in your hotkey bar. Also it takes not so much time to ask between pulls for some buffs or stuff.

About this is a must have, Vanguard did neither have this also, you could not see if someone had buffs. I believe in EQ2 it was the same, but I didn't play it very long to notice it.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

EQ2's UI was fully customizable, so if you were a healer class, you could d/l a UI that made it easier to target, had all buffs listed whole 9 yards. Was super handy for the healer/buffers.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    Hmm, if you can see all 25 buffs or debuffs, another player should be able to. All they would have to do is expand the target window. It's not impossible to show.
    The original suggestion was about the group window - target window would be no major problem to show the buffs/debuffs space-wise if expanded.

Thread Information