Thread: Permission Issues?? Silos missing contents??

Default Permission Issues?? Silos missing contents??

Just wondering if this has happened to anyone else.

I HAVE submitted a ticket - but wanted to post here in case anyone had any other suggestions I may have missed in trying to "fix" what I'm no longer seeing .

Which is contents in my dragon lair "silos"

And before you ask...

My last noted permission change a few weeks ago was I made all silo's deny all, and all cooridors and such public use so that you know, people could walk aroudn my lair if they wanted to see it.

I logged in Tuesday to find that three of my 7 silos - two of which had been full - were empty. My permissions were all over the place, no longer what they had been.

I relogged, changed permissions a few times, waited awhile after clicking on each of the empty silos to see if it just took time to display - but nothing.

Contents wern't in my vault - just *poof* thousands of pale orbs, steel bars, and iron bars just *poof*

Soooo...anyone else having wonky permission issues if they don't set everything on the plot to the same?? I have now set everything to deny all - but I HATE doing that as well what's the point in having a lair if noone can visit it and see your work? (that's how I see it anyway - I don't have it just for me to look at lol).

Anyone else have stuff gone missing that you cant' necessarily say was taken by another player (since my stuff was deny all to begin with....)??
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Default Re: Permission Issues?? Silos missing contents??

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    Contents wern't in my vault - just *poof* thousands of pale orbs, steel bars, and iron bars just *poof*
    The only way someone can take things out of your vault is you, yourself, that character. When was the last time you changed your password and have you ever given it out?

...what's the point in having a lair if noone can visit it and see your work?
    People can come in and see your lair. There is no way to deny someone enty, only access to storage.

I had once 1000 tricuts went poof after i created them, a day later they showed up in my valut, looked like a database hickup for me. Maybe your stuff will also reeappear after a while in your valut.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

oih woops - I din't mean go poof from my vault - I meant from the three silos .

There is no way to deny someone enty, only access to storage.
    Really? so "Deny all" doesn't work the same as on a biped plot and just blocks off the whole thing?? Even if my first chamber is a craft chamber? People can still enter?

And I do hope it reappears in my vault - that would be very nice .

Cuz right now I'm afraid to put stuff in those silos cuz I don't want to mess up the information for the support ticket...but I also know that well this could take awhile...*lol*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Really? so "Deny all" doesn't work the same as on a biped plot and just blocks off the whole thing?? Even if my first chamber is a craft chamber? People can still enter?
    Yes, but perhaps I don't understand what you mean.

Even if a biped structure is set to deny all, anyone can still enter it and walk around freely, just like a lair.

Honestly though if you logged in and permissions were different than what you set them as, it usually means someone else logged into your account. I can't imagine any other way for that to happen.
    Last edited by Shian; August 13th, 2008 at 06:46 PM.

I did know one peron in my guid that had her entire biped plot reset to deny all, and she didn't know why.

I don't think the old redwall effect generated by a global plot denyall still exists in the game anymore. Callak nearly broke his neck several times flying into those when they were.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

The 'redwall' barrier was removed from plots. You shall pass.

Now, the permissions changing are something else. While they're not supposed to change on their own, it's not impossible for it to happen, and certainly doesn't mean your account has been compromised. It's not a bad idea to change your password anyway though.

There's also user error (yes, sometimes you make mistakes) and weirdness on the server side. Are you sure you *absolutely* did not set any of the silos to 'allow all' by accident?

While I doubt you'll get your resources back, you should open a support ticket anyway. At least that way, there's a record of a possiblity of a problem with the permission system. I don't think you're the first person to have trouble with their permissions resetting.

On a similiar note, I've found in my dragon's lair, there are times I've tried to set permissions, only to be told that the structure doesn't belong to me and therefore I'm not allowed to change permissions...with the result being the structure ends up being 'allow all'.

Sometimes a relog helps, sometimes it doesn't...one time it took three days for me to actually be able to change permissions.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

my plot perms reset themselves to deny all once as well - i didn't notice until a guildie try to get something from storage.........
    it actually took me a couple perm changes for it to take, if i remember correctly......
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

O/T so not sure if it's appropriate but slightly relevant is I have to go reactivate my smelter every so often. Nothing else gets changed as far as I can see, I just have to go reactivate my silo every month or so. Wierd stuff.

Thread Information