Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Note to self: murder orthodontist

Default Note to self: murder orthodontist

Akdkjgjshslkhsklaf. I'm in so much pain. Got new wires on my braces today /and/ rubber bands at the same time. The slightest pressure on my teeth causes instant pain and the rubber bands are making me clench them. There is no possible way they are NOT trying to torture me. F*cking dental sadists.

Oh, and of course, they told me "If your teeth ache, you're not wearing the bands enough". I'm wearing them all the f*cking time and they're just making it worse.

No. A nice smile is not worth this. That's just...a load of bull.
    Last edited by Malaquion; August 16th, 2008 at 12:58 AM.

Default Re: Note to self: murder orthodontist

I've been there and done that. Cold stuff and painkillers are your friends.

What bothered me even more were the ends of the wires. Sometimes my orthodontist would cut them a bit long and leave the sharp tips poking my cheeks. (Fixed with a pair of wire cutters. ) Other times, he'd trim them and the little piece of wire would go "somewhere". Usually down my throat.

Yeah, there used to be one that would actually catch and stick in my cheek sometimes. It sort of shortened over time somehow.

Actually, mine told me, "If your teeth don't ache, you're not wearing the bands enough and you should come in for tightning."

Some weeks were better than others...

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Ugh feel so sorry for you *pats and hands over super-strength painkillers... in the form of icecream * I rarely have anything wrong with my teeth, I'm quite lucky, but I still hate dentists
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

*whines and curls into a little ball* that vid...*twitch* Back when I had braces the ortho I went to decided I need to get rid of a few teeth to make room. When I went to have the pulled he took me to a room where there were restraints on the arm and head rest. I soon found out why. The first tooth he pulled numbed fine and came out easily, the second however after three shots still didnt numb, after telling him this he declared it numb for me and pulled. That was excruciating enough (and I've a fairly high pain tollerence) then I heard a CRACK! Im pretty sure I passed out after this point...

Turns out the crack was just the bracket being broke off the tooth.

oh god, dont even get me started on orthodontists....

mine actually made my front-lower four crooked.... they used to be straight before i had braces... they have always been very close together, flossing between them has always given me trouble, i never failed to cut my gums because i had to apply enough pressure to get the floss in that once i got past the tightest point, it hit my gums like a bowstring. so what does the orthodontist do? why, pull them tighter of course! by the third checkup visit, he had them so tight that trying to get floss between them actually broke the floss. when the braces came off, it took all of a month for them to jump out of alignment, even with a retainer. if you actually look at them, you can see that they overlap each other.

of course, my mother is dead convinced it's my fault for not wearing the retainer. how i was supposed to wear it when i couldn't even put it on after two weeks, i do not know. and the whole purpose of the retainer is to keep ones tongue from moving the teeth around while they recover from having the braces on them. how the hell my tongue pulled them backwards is beyond me, and it must be some crazy trick of space for my tongue to have moved all my teeth around so that the front four overlap each other and the rest have no gap between them.

I've heard that that thing about pulling teeth because you have too many is often a sham. I've had it reccomended several times to me and allways declined. I don't have problems.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Screw braces. Invisalign ftw

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

I remember the braces. When they first arrived it was two days writhing in bed as the pain overloaded my poor mind, and painkillers were powerless.

After two years I was glad to get the little buggers off. But alas, it was in vain. I was that poor kid in school always abused by every person and bully alike. My retainer was forcibly removed from my person and broken, and family could not afford a new one, so my teeth went back to the way they were.

I didn't wear my retainer either. I was just happy to have them off, but between the retainer and braces, I'd go with braces any day. Needless to say, teeth are now back to the way they were....

I had to have teeth removed to make space as well, way back when I was a kid. Luckily it was on the NHS so they got no money for it, so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a sham (as I say never had anything else done whatsoever, and tbh with those 4 missing, 1 from each 'corner', my teeth are fairly tight in my jaw)
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Crap! I just remembered.

I have a set of retainers somewhere that I'm supposed to wear at night (it's been years since I used them last). They're not in the retainer case though -- it's full of computer screws.

Quote Originally Posted by Steelclaw View Post
    Crap! I just remembered.

I have a set of retainers somewhere that I'm supposed to wear at night (it's been years since I used them last). They're not in the retainer case though -- it's full of computer screws.
    I bet you used them to fix your computer, check the tower

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Sounds like a rather expensive jumper to me.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Well count yourself lucky... I'm tripping out on codine and paracetamol at the moment trying to kill off all sensation in my arm lol...

I remember braces well... I *****Hated***** them. It'll get better just stick with it. I had quite a few wonky teeth so the result was worthwhile.

Rakku

haha, sounds like braces aren't worth it if people's teeth are going back to the way they were when they were taken off...

and i am glad i don't need braces. and if i needed them, i would say NO. NO. NO. and another NO. i hate forced pain.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez View Post
    haha, sounds like braces aren't worth it if people's teeth are going back to the way they were when they were taken off..
    That's what retainers are for. You're supposed to where them every night after the braces come out for X amount of time (some say forever) to ensure the teeth stay in place. A pain, maybe, but your reward is a beautiful smile.

100/100/90
    Ancient dragoness of Order - Retired

Quote Originally Posted by Dremora View Post
    That's what retainers are for. You're supposed to where them every night after the braces come out for X amount of time (some say forever) to ensure the teeth stay in place. A pain, maybe, but your reward is a beautiful smile.
    Blargh. As I said, a nice smile's not worth this. Too much paaaaaaiiin. D:

Thread Information