Thread: Increased spawn ratio for mobs that have quests to go after them specifically.

Default Increased spawn ratio for mobs that have quests to go after them specifically.

I think this is a good suggestion, especially since I killed about 10 blighted Kuellen for a quest out of 15 needed, and spent the rest of my morning looking for 5 more when none more were to be found anywhere in ED!!!!

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Default Re: Increased spawn ratio for mobs that have quests to go after them specifically.

Default Re: Increased spawn ratio for mobs that have quests to go after them specifically.

You find an area that the spawn, and stay there. They spawn every 5 minutes or so.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

I would agree but a recent quest for 15 kwellens and 15 wraith overseer's took me over 7 hours solid to get. oh and 4 DP's because of the amount of undead that seem to run from Dallimond to get to me......

I have no problems with you making new quests harder or more correctly 'just more annoying' but leave the original quests alone!!!!!.

Also let us know if we have to do ALL the quests (including the new ones) before we can start the ARoP instead of just 'ninja nerfing' it.

I found a reliable spawn for them at "the bridge" (we should know where that is for most of us)

I went hunting for the usual crystals / cogs / blighted stuff off of elite blighted blights.... and every oh... 5-7 minutes 2 kwellens would run up to the bridge, stand there... then run away. I killed them, another 5 minutes... they showed up again.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

There is one that spawns between what is known as the arch and the undead temple/safe zone in Eastern Dread Lands, think he still spawns fairly regularly.
    I regret I have but one life to waste for Istaria!

This would go for ALL dragon quest mobs.

Water golems--TERRIBLE HORRIBLE PAINFUL!

Redbacked spider breeders -- slightly less painful that water golems.

Now, I recognize that at lower levels, the field shouldn't be swarming with these mobs; however, at least make the respawns faster or place more close linked spawns.

I didn't have a huge problem finding the blighted kwellen and completed the quest in between 1-2 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    You find an area that the spawn, and stay there. They spawn every 5 minutes or so.
    I know they spawn in the musroom rock formations, but they were not coming back after I killed them a few times, I assure you. And I'm a little annoyed that this was moved to rants, because it does seem to be a problem, if it needed to be moved, it should have been to bugs.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    This would go for ALL dragon quest mobs.

Water golems--TERRIBLE HORRIBLE PAINFUL!

Redbacked spider breeders -- slightly less painful that water golems.

Now, I recognize that at lower levels, the field shouldn't be swarming with .
    Not all. If you've noticed, there's only one of each tier that is noticibly more difficult than the others. Just becaouse you can't finish all your quests in the span of 10-15 mins dosen't mean they're 'broken'.

10- Garnet Golems
    20- Water Golems
    30-Spider Breeders
    40- Redback Spiders
    50-Winter Guroks
    60-Adult Ghost Dragons
    70-Cankerous Aegrors or Massive Maple treants

Water golems, I remember took me three days and I was 50 or so before I got around to it but hunting those few-and-far-between creatures was far from cake.
    The cankerous? Took me two painful weeks (mostly because I had to start over just as I was nearly done, otherwise would have been a week)

The new TNC took me about a day and a half. Everything but the infamous Wraith Lords is in the back of the Aug battlefield away from the cursed trenches.

You forgot the massive oak treants.

The only quests that caused me trouble are the ones that requires a named mob.

Quote Originally Posted by Shian
    Not all.
    By ALL, I meant that this should be addressed for ALL dragon quests that suffer this problem, i.e., water golems, redbacked spider breeders--there are a few others.

I did not mean that ALL dragon quests have spawn density issues.

Thread Information