Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Community Revamp Results

Default Re: Community Revamp Results

Er, "fixed" means fixed on Genesis. They don't do world editing on Blight.

Drev

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    no disrespect intended, vel, but it is not......
    i was just in brist and took some screenies in case i was not clear on the location of the kinks.......

screenie 01 is the big kink
    screenie 02 is mw trying to go up the steep kink
    screenie 03 is the runaround
    screenie both is both the kinks in the road (there is a smaller kink just below the big kink)
    Ah, well, without locations, I thought it was the same one as reported earlier. Locations are very helpful in letting me find these places. Pictures really don't help me much because I can't see the location in them. It isn't that I don't believe they exist, or that I can't see the places for myself when I get to there... just that getting there is much of the battle.

So please, to everyone who reports an issue, include a loc. You can find your loc either by having your compass open and set to show loc, or looking on your map at your current loc. Thanks

Kabale (Community ID: 75813)

SW Mackerel school may now be inaccessable due to dock removal.
    Fixed; not sure what dock you're talking about because I didn't remove any.

Cire (Community ID: 75814)

No Mackerel at the dock.
    Fixed; not sure what mackerel you're talking about, but I didn't change any spawn regions
    The second dock might of been removed at some earlier time. My memory of it is from approximently 2 yrs. ago, at the end of the Tulga era. The docks were put in so people could have a chance at reaching the mackerel spawns and the spawns then were set up so that a couple of them would be by the docks. Several changes have definately been made in this region during my 2 yr. absence.

By the way, I have enjoyed looking at what you've done with the resizing. Keep up the good work!

Here's my nitpicker's look at the guild communities on Shepherd's Mountain.

Nana (Community ID: 76021)

1. Plot ID: 2101224, Position: 23460, 17648; part of a tree is in the plot at 23485/17656.
    2. Plot ID: 2101066, Position: 23838, 17565; plot marker is outside of the plot, not straddling the plot line.
    3. Plot ID: 2101062, Position: 23604, 17659; NE corner needs to be raised, it is going down the cliff.

Fixed

Gerard (Community ID: 76025)

1. Plot ID: 2100587, Position: 22098, 17551; odd plot size of 32x72; plot marker is outside of the plot, not straddling the plot line.
    2. Plot ID: 2101382, Position: 22084, 17519; patch of grass at 22067/17537.
    3. Plot ID: 2101381, Position: 22060, 17491; odd plot size of 31x73.
    4. Plot ID: 2101379, Position: 22038, 17464; odd plot size of 35x57.

Sandpile is partly in a tree and it covers the road.
    These can not be fixed; the plots are owned. Left the sandpile as it isn't hurting anything where it is. It's under the tree and I'd either have to delete the road or the sandpile.

Baker (Community ID: 76026)

1. Plot ID: 2101292, Position: 22066, 16632; odd plot size of 62x40.
    2. Plot ID: 2101247, Position: 22349, 16397, NE corner sits across the road; grass on north side.
    3. Plot ID: 210248, Position: 22387, 16340; NE area needs levelling; SW corner needs to be raised, it is going down the cliff.
    4. Plot ID: 2101249, Position: 22430, 16295; SW corner is in a tree.
    5. Plot ID: 2100601, Position: 22520, 16206; SW corner's tip needs to be raised slightly.

Fixed

BTW, Plot ID's don't do anything to help me. If it helps for your records, that's fine. But Plot ID's are different on each server. So what I see on our internal server isn't what you see on Blight.
    Last edited by Velea; August 20th, 2008 at 08:56 PM.
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Ambato:

The plot at 28405/15111 was not enlarged although the plot just to the north was deleted. The plot is in use on Chaos but there does not appear to be a conflict on Order.

The plot now at 28419/15030 was expanded even though it is also in use on Chaos.

Thanks for your efforts.

Jess

I had initially left that plot, as increasing it in size leaves it right up against the portal, and that doesn't look good to me. I had hoped that the owner would abandon it after plot auctions and I could move it entirely out of that area, but elsewhere in the community, and make it larger than just 40 by 40. But since you asked specifically about it, I'm guessing you are the owner, and thus not planning to move. So I've resized it as much as possible given the geographic limitations around it.
    Last edited by Velea; August 20th, 2008 at 09:05 PM.

Smile Re: Community Revamp Results

Quote Originally Posted by Jessolt Starbridge View Post
    Ambato:

The plot at 28405/15111 was not enlarged although the plot just to the north was deleted. The plot is in use on Chaos but there does not appear to be a conflict on Order.

The plot now at 28419/15030 was expanded even though it is also in use on Chaos.

Thanks for your efforts.

Jess

I had initially left that plot, as increasing it in size leaves it right up against the portal, and that doesn't look good to me. I had hoped that the owner would abandon it after plot auctions and I could move it entirely out of that area, but elsewhere in the community, and make it larger than just 40 by 40. But since you asked specifically about it, I'm guessing you are the owner, and thus not planning to move. So I've resized it as much as possible given the geographic limitations around it.
    At the moment, one of my alts does own it but it is a guild resource and we wanted to keep the expert shop that is there to help rebuild. Thank you for looking at it again. Jess

AMON:
    plot marker @ 27190/14191:
    north edge of plot appears slightly bumpy.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    screenie 01 is the big kink
    screenie 02 is mw trying to go up the steep kink
    screenie 03 is the runaround
    screenie both is both the kinks in the road (there is a smaller kink just below the big kink)
    I've got a large enough screen, perhaps I can help.

Screenie 01 is 22176/22568
    Screenie 02 is 22176/22560 (heading south)
    Screenie 03 is 22179/22562
    Screenie both is 22157/22596

(Coordinates are shown on Velveeta's compass.)
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

I really think that's the same exact spot that Kerech reported and I said was fixed.

Is the confusion still coming that this is on Genesis (internal server) that it's fixed and the changes won't show up until the next delta, perhaps?

Izzon Crest seems to have the same problems as South March (ie nothing coming up on plot markers, and no plot survey working).

We figured out what was happening with this and have it fixed for the next patch.

Slate Crest's plots still have odd numbers (not multiples of 5).

See Amon's note about being a non-conformist.

Has anyone mentioned the big hole in the road in Bristugo?
    OMG A hole in Bristugo?! How did that happen?

Plot marker in the wrong place around 17911 14987.

While you're definitely doing a fine job, I'm a little confused as to why there aren't more larger plots? I've been playing on Order since being transfered from Unity, and there has always been a bunch of free plots of 40x40 and 50x50, even a few 60x60 plots too. It seems this was a great opportunity to make some much bigger ones (I've spotted a few new ones over 60x60, but not many), but instead a load more average sized plots are coming along that I fear no one will really want? I guess it may be different on the other server. I realise often space dictates, but there are some areas that look like they could've had much bigger plots.

I really only resized if plots were "undersized", or odd sized. It's taken me weeks (obviously) to do this much. To go through and increase size on every plot as available would have delayed this even longer.

Overall though, great job
    Last edited by Velea; August 21st, 2008 at 09:15 PM.

Slate Crest's plots still have odd numbers (not multiples of 5).
    by the way, Velea worked on doing this. I did not. So plots on the dalimond peninsula and elsewhere that I worked on do not conform.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Yeah, Amon's such a non-conformist!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    I really think that's the same exact spot that Kerech reported and I said was fixed.

Is the confusion still coming that this is on Genesis (internal server) that it's fixed and the changes won't show up until the next delta, perhaps?

ahh that could be it - my bad, as always!
    i must have missed that post, i apologise for all the fuss!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hi,

Just for clarification...

Will we see another Delta on Blight with the changes from this thread before this gets pushed to Live servers?

Yes there will be another delta to blight before the current patch on blight goes to live
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Ok I appologise to Velea for a previous rant so I will make this constructive:

In the "Community formerly known as Pleasant Canyon" is there a way that the road can be left in place between where the canyon exits, and the two ground based lairs where the tier 1 resources are and the road "continues?"

If not I understand.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Justa,

It REALLY helps tremendously if you give me a loc to at least start from. Istaria's a big, big world and I've been all over it for weeks. I'll be lucky if when I get back to playing I'll be able to find my way out of Bristugo, much less to where I want to be, without a guide.

So I can't say at this point if it's possible or not until I can find the area you're talking about.

Ok, scratch that.

I was able to find Pleasant Canyon. Not sure why you say the community formerly known as, because it is still there. (I thought the place was gone.)

And I know what happened with the road. It was just a broken road, but now it is fixed. The broken road will lead you straight to.. well... wherever it should now that it's fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Ok, scratch that.

I was able to find Pleasant Canyon. Not sure why you say the community formerly known as, because it is still there. (I thought the place was gone.)

And I know what happened with the road. It was just a broken road, but now it is fixed. The broken road will lead you straight to.. well... wherever it should now that it's fixed.
    From blight delta 146, the entire community was removed from the game (I checked) no landing pad, no road, just a big grassy field with some trees. I will check on blight tonight but last time I looked... the road ended past the arch stone bridge and restarts at the ground based lairs on the other side of the community.

That's what I was referring to.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

The dragon lairs, as well as the community region itself, are still there.

Yes, you are correct that the road has been removed. As I said, I figured out why and fixed it. Of course, the fix won't appear until the next delta.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessolt Starbridge View Post
    Ambato:

Thanks for your efforts.

Jess

Velea,
    Ambato on Chaos is as stripped as we could get it without deconning any expert shops, and no one holding a plot there now has any intention of leaving after plot auctions.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Thread Information