Thread: No dispel ability for arcane classes?

Default No dispel ability for arcane classes?

As you well know the nature classes get mez and more heals and that aoe stun lightning strike ability. As an arcane the lack of a dispel magic ability is a huge handicap especially when soloing. Nature classes can cure themselves of harmful effects. Would some type of dispel in one of the arcane schools be in order?

If this was added to the game while I was gone pls let me know. I just came back from 6 months off.

Default Re: No dispel ability for arcane classes?

Mystical classes do not get mez (unless I'm really forgetting something obvious), though they do get Nature stun, Nature snare, Nature root, Blight statistic & armor debuffs, Blight DoT, a means of doing consistent Ethereal Spirit damage, a Blight-based Dispel, and of course Spirit lifetaps, Life direct heals and Nature regeneration.

Arcane classes do get mez (Numbing Haze has a quick recycle), can stun via techs on faster-casting Energy spells, single-target and AOE Mind snares (Debase & Daunting Mist), multiple single-target Ice roots, Mind-based power and focus debuffs, Fire DoT, an attack skill debuff (Warped Perception really comes in handy, I just wish it had a 20-30sec recast instead of 60sec), an Ice-based Evasion debuff, and more AOEs to choose from and chain.

Arcane classes also have Fire/Ice/Energy Attack boosters for melee fighters - and don't forget Sear and Freeze, which provide a tech-independent means to consistently debuff Fire and Ice Resistances to boost elemental damage.

Sure an Arcane Dispel would be nice in theory, but keep in mind that Mystic classes are generally geared toward longer/endurance fights; Arcane classes are generally geared toward "kill or be killed" type fights. Every rule has exceptions, and players will find ways of making Mystic into fast-kill and Arcane into endurance/escapism... but imo that's one of the beauties of this adventure system.
    Last edited by Steele; June 19th, 2008 at 10:00 PM.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Thread Information