Thread: new quests for bitter pickle i'd like to try

Default new quests for bitter pickle i'd like to try

i was hunting in the bitter pickle, and as often occurs to me while taking out the elementals there, i thought it'd be really fun if we could collect the beverage from the elementals we killed.

so what if we got a quest from the aughundell tavern keeper to help stock his supply? he'd send us out to fill a container that takes 10 elemental kills to fill, we take it back to him and he rewards us with coin/badge/xp/a flask of drink/or whatever.

we could earn titles based on the number of different ones we bring in...
    drunkard/sot/wino/alcoholic etc. if i had a thesaurus for it handy i'd come up with more.

just a thought for more fun & payout there than simply bottlecaps. i still remember when it first appeared how nice it was to help my coin pouch by hunting there, made great incentive for folks to go in a group to hunt. :-)

Default Re: new quests for bitter pickle i'd like to try

A very good idea!

I'd love to see a reason to go out there. Fun hunting, but as it is, with monsters only dropping bottle caps (or nothing at all) there's very little reason to go out there as everything else in Istaria drops loot+coin etc. Even if you need to finish the collection, the caps themselves aren't up to par with risk vs. reward.

I survi *hic* survi *hic*

I outlasted the Bitter Pickle.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

You know, the bitter pickle was actually one of the most ammusing areas in the game, I fondly remember when it was put in. I too would like to see more quests that involved the bitter pickle.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

agree...I can remember some excellent guild hunts out there...was fun for all, even the low-level player that could only cast little heals...
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Used to get bottlecaps from them as I recall.. granted, I'm thinking back like 4 years ago or maybe pre-beta...

I remember someone telling me they beat one of the Beer ones to death with a spigot... Given the number of parties I've been to and watched people trying to tap a keg (especially if it's not the first one of the night....), I thought that was pretty darn funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Used to get bottlecaps from them as I recall.. granted, I'm thinking back like 4 years ago or maybe pre-beta... .
    The bitter pickle was introduced some time in the middle of HZ's life, it wasn't there from the beginning. You aren't getting the shard merge mixed up with beta are you?

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Awesome idea Awdz... tho I'd say they should add a special "Klava Golem" (or perhaps "Caffiene Elemental"?) as a thank you, as well.

After all... gotta counter the hangover from fighting there somehow!
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Just adding my voice to the request of adding in more quests for hte Bitter PIckle Area.

It is such a fun area and such a cool idea - but now many people don't go or don't even know about it because the "Event" is over and there's no reason to hunt the area.

Or heck - its certainly something that could be re-tied to a seasonal event (like the recent octoberfest - why was that not using bitter pickle mobs for octoberfest quests!! OMG! Or even a New Year's Event or heck Xmas - people drink at Xmas too )
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

great ideas all!!

I also remember hunting events there- we always had a great time.
    Lots of joking and fun.
    And yes, it`s been a long time we`ve been there.
    Give us a reason to visit that big bar again
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

A firm yes to development of the bitter pickle, or any quest line as time consuming as the bitter pickle was. That was the great fun and took time to do. I would certainly renew if hz could promise me something new and fresh as much fun as i had doing that quest.

Quote Originally Posted by CallakDW View Post
    The bitter pickle was introduced some time in the middle of HZ's life, it wasn't there from the beginning. You aren't getting the shard merge mixed up with beta are you?
    Nope probably just that I came back about 2 years ago for a brief stint that I get mixed up with beta sometimes. Or I'm going senile, one of the two. Or... both.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Or, perhaps, slightly hung over?

Inebriated? *hic* No?
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

Awesome idea, Awdz.

I hope you don't mind me stealing it and expanding on it for this year's Hammer's Rest event.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Awesome idea, Awdz.

I hope you don't mind me stealing it and expanding on it for this year's Hammer's Rest event.
    Maybe you could ask players to write quests that involve the pickle monsters ? Sort of a contest.
    Anyway, love the idea

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

love love LOVE all these ideas!
    please make something to do in bp that does not rely on an event, tho, please!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Awesome idea, Awdz.

Yay!! This sounds like a lot of fun. Thank you!!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

Ohh this year is a Hammers rest so ? Sweet!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information