Thread: Which Class, Skills, Spells for Trophy farming?

Default Which Class, Skills, Spells for Trophy farming?

Hi,

Which Class, Skills, Spells are the most effective for trophy hunting?
    I get the impression from reading these boards that for multi-classed bipeds, trophy hunting is a big part of character advancement.
    So, I'm looking for info on the best way to set up a character for this type of hunting.

Thank you in advance for all your input!

Default Re: Which Class, Skills, Spells for Trophy farming?

Hello,

Multi-classing for bipeds does include a big requirement for trophy hunting, but this is mainly because of the reduced experience you get as your character Rating increases - see the wiki for a general guide: http://istaria.wikia.com/wiki/Genera...ing_Guidelines

The main requirement for hunting trophies is when your rating gets so high that it is very difficult to get experience for your character - a Rating 100 character will get almost no experience unless they are fighting Rating 80 mobs, for example. Pretty tough for a level 1 character to do that!

In general, hunting trophies is a great way to get consistent experience with a cash reward as well. The problem is, it can get very boring beating up the same mob for 5 levels

So I don't think there is any "perfect" trophy-hunting character combination. If you have good AOE spells that might help speed up the number of creatures you can harvest for trophies. Then again, you might have rubbish armor and not be able to take on lots of creatures at the same time.

Even if your rating is 100 an your say level 1 ya could still get xp from lvl 50's easy...i was 20 with rating 135 getting xp from greater ice blights...Great xp if ya can mass killem
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

That's true Riz, maybe lvl 80 was a bit high

But from memory you also have a cap on your xp gain for the first 10-20 levels from memory, is that correct? For example, I don't think a level 1 player can get more than 20 xp, level 2 player 40 xp, etc. Even if your rating is 100, the xp cap is against your current school level. Xp gains don't apply when getting quest rewards and/or handing in trophies.

Warrior, mage, and healer is the short answer for building a strongly multiclassed biped. And one that you can build upon as well.

First most important rule for multi-classing Adventure as a biped IMO is to have a L90 craft .. which will allow you to wear T5 padded armor even though you are L1 in your adventure class.

Quote Originally Posted by StalePopcorn View Post
    That's true Riz, maybe lvl 80 was a bit high

But from memory you also have a cap on your xp gain for the first 10-20 levels from memory, is that correct? For example, I don't think a level 1 player can get more than 20 xp, level 2 player 40 xp, etc. Even if your rating is 100, the xp cap is against your current school level. Xp gains don't apply when getting quest rewards and/or handing in trophies.
    Aye thats true your first few levels are usually capped.
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Dont forget to lvl Spiritist as the spirit bolt spells will ignore Harden shell. and believe me you'll be spending alot of time with beetles

Thanks for all your responses!

So far, here is what I got from this:

1. Spirit Magic for Beetles
    Q: Is it only the bolt that ignores Harden Shell or is there an area of effect spell which also ignores it?

2. Just about every Multiclass combo is better if one of the classes is Healer
    Q: Do you level Healer to 100 first or do the class you intend to be your Main first?

3. Take at least one craft class to lvl 90-100 first for Armour use and Attributes
    Q: I take it that Fitter would be best choice if you are making a Melee oriented character, but what about a Caster oriented character?

General Questions:

1. Is it the best Defense to maximize your Evasion Skill?
    2. Is it wise to try to be both a Caster and a Melee Fighter?
    3. How important is it to your effective Defense to be able to wear metal armor as opposed to the organic armor of casters?
    4. What are the "must have" skills?
    5. Where do you spend your Training points?

I know I have asked ALOT of questions here.
    I am hoping that if enough people give their perspectives we can create a thread which will be helpful to the new/returning players in deciding how to build their Bipeds!

Thanks for your thoughts!

druid is a must have, with cloak of thorns and alot of area damage to hunt many at the same time...

in combination with spiritist and healer you can maximum heal yourself whilee the monsters bite themselfs to death on your damageshield and inbetween cast an area drain life (from spiritist) and serveral nature area damage spells.

this is really the easiest and fastest way...
    take a look in trophy areas and you can see almost always druids running about.
    not very original, but very effective.

lvl 91 craft and at least 910 armour-use-skill would be great indeed. for multiclassing also lvl 99 craft makes you able to wear mithrill health jewelry.
    however, you can hunt trophies as a lvl 100, but if you at your second or third lvl 100 class trophy hunting is slower then just hunting preferably with a group. after maby 7 or 8 or 10 lvl100 schools trophy hunting gets faster.
    Last edited by Thangorodrim Atanatari; August 27th, 2008 at 07:06 AM.

A bit of Mage, for Perfect and Triple Cast... 36 I think?? Very important.

But on the whole, I'd think you'd be best served by "majoring" in the class you most enjoy playing. It's a game! For Fun!

I enjoyed making my Ranger as "Rangerish" as possible, as I perceived the class; not a maximal build by any means, but a very pleasant one, with Ranger, Spiritist, Shaman, 88 Healer, and 36?? Mage in the mix. A great all-rounder for me. Your mileage not only may differ, but probably should.
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Thread Information