Thread: Is there a way to get the game to run on Vista anymore?

Default Is there a way to get the game to run on Vista anymore?

I have been looking into trying the game for awhile now and just finally been able to download it but... Vista isn't liking it. I've looked at all the threads dealing with playing it on vista and nothing works.

Here is what Vista tells me.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: APPCRASH
    Application Name: horizons.exe
    Application Version: 0.0.0.0
    Application Timestamp: 44a31023
    Fault Module Name: msvcrt.dll
    Fault Module Version: 7.0.6001.18000
    Fault Module Timestamp: 4791a727
    Exception Code: c0000005
    Exception Offset: 0000a75f
    OS Version: 6.0.6001.2.1.0.768.2
    Locale ID: 1033
    Additional Information 1: 393e
    Additional Information 2: 0488f55fef163bf107a88450052e9ad8
    Additional Information 3: bbbc
    Additional Information 4: 923f2582e955e2ecc4c467a60a12aec8

Default Re: Is there a way to get the game to run on Vista anymore?

Have you read the multiple Vista thread we already have ? Search engine ftw

he said he did look at the threads... i wish i had any clue what the coding meant, so i could help. all i can suggest is rebooting & retrying till it does work - and then never log out!

Tried everything and numberous reboots. My fiance, who's familier with computer programs and how they work, says its a conflict with Vista itself. Every single suggestion I've read to get it to work ends in the same manner, Horizion.exe has stopped working.

Its possible to run hz with vista, plenty do it, im not very computer savvy and was never able to accomplish it, but it is possible. I solved the problem at the pawnshop, Istaria is a friend to the enviroment its kept more old computers out of landfills than any recycling project on the planet.

Next time i talk to a friend ill have him pm you here on forums perhaps he will have more luck helping you than he did me, hes got others running with it as well.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Quote Originally Posted by dolphinsong View Post
    Tried everything and numberous reboots. My fiance, who's familier with computer programs and how they work, says its a conflict with Vista itself. Every single suggestion I've read to get it to work ends in the same manner, Horizion.exe has stopped working.
    yeap this is what i get when i have to shut down......
    all i can recommend is rebooting after each error - eventually you will get in - at least i do.
    lately i have been lucky and have been getting in on the first reboot - but i do admit sometimes it has taken many reboots over several days to get in.

sorry dol, all i can recommend is keep rebooting until you are in or you have enough evidence that you can't.

unfortunately for the moment, this is the best news i have. rumor has it the gods are working on a fix of some kind or form, but for now, this is the best we can do....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Hopefully its soon then ^-^ I so want to play a game where I can be a dragon

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i hope you get in too! i am currently playing my hatchie after being exclusively ped and it is completely different!
    horizons is like 2 games in one!

Trouble is... I beleive I've done a good 30+ reboots trying to get it to play and nadda and to me... Thats way too many reboots in a day just to try to get something to work

i am sorry to hear that - you must do what you think is right, of course! once i can get into horizons, i do not reboot until i have to for updates - simply because it can take - worst case scenerio so far is 3 days of at least 3 or 4 hours of rebooting (seriously almost gave up on the third day - literally i was saying to my bro that if the last one didn't take, i would have to resign myself to the thought that i had finally lost the game for good....), so i know exactly how you feel......

all i can recommend is each time you get back to the system after a shutdown, try to get into game at least once - laws of luck dictate you have to get into game some time! then do not shut down until you absolutely have to!

y would u evan want Vista

Thread Information