Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 148 and 149

Default Blight Delta 148 and 149

(The complete patch notes version. )

• FIX: Trophy quests for T1 have been standardized and should now be available at the proper levels. No trophies exist for levels 1 to 4. Trophy Hunters in Kion and Sslanis accept trophies for level ranges 5 to 10; 10 to 15; and 15 to 20.
    • FIX: Lt. Tarn now drops loot properly each time he's defeated.
    • FIX: Guran the Blacksmith Trainer on NT should now let you join the Blacksmith School again even if you have a task from him.
    • FIX: Mithril Canyon golems and resources should no longer spawn on the canyon walls.
    • FIX: Taverkeepers will no longer sell food that was created for special Events. They should only accept food if it can be used to help with death point timers.
    • FIX: Gatherer and Miner tasks really are fixed this time... I hope. For both schools, "Collection" tasks are available for levels 1 to 10 and 20 to 30, "Craft 15" tasks are available for the second half of each tier. Experience for tasks has been adjusted due to the removal of the "Craft 35" tasks that were available intermittently for Gatherers and Miners.
    • CHANGE: Plot and lair prices across Istaria have been reassessed and standardized. New prices reflect not only the size of the plot, but the distance from the plot to the nearest portal. This will effect the base price for auctions as well as when a player buys a plot directly from the community.
    • CHANGE: When a player purchase a plot, they will be unable to sell that plot back to the community for 24 hours. (Note that you can sell immediately sell the plot to another player, or mark it as "For Sale to Players" if you choose. This restriction only applies to selling a plot you purchased to the community.)
    • FIX: Error messages related to plot ownership should now be much clearer. When a player is told they can not buy a plot, or sell a plot, the reason that they can not should be clear.

Default Re: Blight Delta 148 and 149

CHANGE: When a player purchase a plot, they will be unable to sell that plot back to the community for 24 hours. (Note that you can sell immediately sell the plot to another player, or mark it as "For Sale to Players" if you choose. This restriction only applies to selling a plot you purchased to the community.)
    Sounds good but I have a question:

If you have tag team alts, both with plot purchasing capabilities, one buys the plot, removes the novians, then sells the plot to player B, will Player A be able to purchase another plot immediately after dumping it to the alt player?

If so.... can player B then dump the emptied plot because it was not purchased from the community, but from another player?
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

(CHANGE: When a player purchase a plot, they will be unable to sell that plot back to the community for 24 hours. (Note that you can sell immediately sell the plot to another player, or mark it as "For Sale to Players" if you choose. This restriction only applies to selling a plot you purchased to the community.)

Any chance this can be 72 hours to 96 hours vs 24 hours

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Sounds good but I have a question:

If you have tag team alts, both with plot purchasing capabilities, one buys the plot, removes the novians, then sells the plot to player B, will Player A be able to purchase another plot immediately after dumping it to the alt player?

If so.... can player B then dump the emptied plot because it was not purchased from the community, but from another player?
    Player B can not then sell the plot back to the community. They would be the one who must hold the plot for 24 hours before being able to sell it back.

Quote Originally Posted by MarshDog View Post
    (CHANGE: When a player purchase a plot, they will be unable to sell that plot back to the community for 24 hours. (Note that you can sell immediately sell the plot to another player, or mark it as "For Sale to Players" if you choose. This restriction only applies to selling a plot you purchased to the community.)

Any chance this can be 72 hours to 96 hours vs 24 hours
    I'm tempted to just say no, as holding on to a plot which you purchased unintentionally for 24 hours is long enough. Instead I'll ask why the longer duration?

Answers in a pm
    but 1st stopps to ponder "which you purchased unintentionally "
    Last edited by MarshDog; September 3rd, 2008 at 01:24 AM.

Concerning:
    FIX: Taverkeepers will no longer sell food that was created for special Events. They should only accept food if it can be used to help with death point timers.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    This change came because of numerous requests from players, actually. Players who had asked that the only food that could be sold in a tavern be food that effects death penalties. This prevents players from purchasing food that does not do what they want it to do by accident.
    Don't players take note of the Details of the food before purchasing. I know I always do due to the difference in Tiers of food and their effects.

If they are looking at the details to find the right food, they should have noticed that this one didn't say anything about removing the death penalty.

I'd wager that a lot of players would have debated on the side of leaving all food on the Tavernkeeper if given a chance.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Ruh Roh.. the novian farmers will *not* be happy if this hits live.

Course.. they'll end up buying a lot of temp subscriptions! Good thinking!

Silly question though (since I'm sure this will be asked) does the 24 hour timeframe start over when sold to another player? Even if that player is a secondary sub to the same account?

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    does the 24 hour timeframe start over when sold to another player? Even if that player is a secondary sub to the same account?
    Yes, it does.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I am glad to see this has been changed, but 24 hours seems a bit long, in my opinion. Something like 8 hours seems more appropriated, in case of unintentionnal buying. I guess it can always be tweaked if needed.

24 hours seems a bit long, in my opinion.
    i'd rather see it longer, three days or a week. what's the hurry in needing to sell off a plot you just bought? if someone else wants it, you can just set it for sale to them. i like the deterrent it provides to novian farmers.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    This prevents players from purchasing food that does not do what they want it to do by accident.
    The only thing that prevents players from purchasing food that does not do what they want it to do by accident is reading the descriptions.

Unless you FIX the tier filters on the connies/taverns, that is.

Right now a player has to read the descriptions to ensure they buy the food for their rating. I'm not sure it was so terribly difficult to check foods that start with "Main, Appetizer, Side, Dessert" and those labeled with "Rare xxx".

24 h is quite allright for me- could be even longer.

How often could it happen, that a player buys a plot unintentionally??
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    24 h is quite allright for me- could be even longer.

How often could it happen, that a player buys a plot unintentionally??
    ... it happened to me, once XD
    But I'm blonde, so this explains my silliness XD

awesome change with the 24 hours!
    i really like it, thanks alot!

24 hours is perfect because its as long as the auctions are!

the directly-sell-to-an-alt is also nice, so it wont hinder the stuff-novians-to-alts type and requires people to have a free sub that they also could have used to buy/bid a plot with anyway.

brilliant solution, im happy

24 hours is plenty considering the VAST majority of the purchasing will be done probably within that timeframe by people that actually want specific plots/lairs. After that, the scaven... I mean, the novian farmers can clean up the landscape.

After reclamation, who's going to care how long someone can own a plot before selling it back to the community anyway?

24 hrs. to wait before selling back to the community sounds like a decent plan. Could be longer, perhaps 48, but then I don't know how many auctions there will be. Do we have a schedule of auctions and areas yet? I sure hope we can get one before they start.

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Don't players take note of the Details of the food before purchasing. I know I always do due to the difference in Tiers of food and their effects.

If they are looking at the details to find the right food, they should have noticed that this one didn't say anything about removing the death penalty.

I'd wager that a lot of players would have debated on the side of leaving all food on the Tavernkeeper if given a chance.
    I STRONGLY agree with Galem on this... this change truly "dumbs down" the game for people who simply aren't paying attention to what they're doing when they interact with Tavernkeepers, and very unfairly punishes confectioners who want to list cool & fun things such as Granny Nuffles Cookies & Punch, Gummy Gruok, etc. for folks to enjoy.

I'm not going to dispute how many players may or may not have asked for this change, but I sincerely hope a far greater % of players would strongly prefer to still have access to non DP-specific foods via the Tavernkeepers... please reverse this change on Blight and retain the flexibility and scalability of the Tavernkeepers for future use!

Instead of simply ripping out some of their functionality, why not just create seperate filters for DP and non-DP foods, similar to how Consigners function for weapons, armor, techs, crystals, consumables, etc. That would be a FAR more constructive compromise and resolution.

Heck, if I bought a piece of armor from the Aughundell Consigner instead of buying the formula to make the armor, then complained about it in Marketplace chat, the response likely wouldn't be sympathetic - and rightly so. If I then created a support ticket and asked the devs to rip out the ability to consign armor - all because I couldn't be bothered to hover the mouse over an item to read a tooltip prior to purchase... I sincerely hope that wouldn't stir the development team to take action!
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

what is the status of the auctions?

i hope they are not posponed to ''fix'' minor things to relativly unimportant quests and gimmics?

i see now blight server is down instead of the live shards. i would like an update on whats happening.

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    what is the status of the auctions?

i hope they are not posponed to ''fix'' minor things to relativly unimportant quests and gimmics?

i see now blight server is down instead of the live shards. i would like an update on whats happening.
    Have you ever thought that what they're fixing may be related to the auction process ? >.>

Thread Information