Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Blight Delta 148 and 149

Default Re: Blight Delta 148 and 149

Ok I give up. I know you and others are working hard to get this done but I'm tired of waiting and waiting while more lil fixes are pushed to blight with no end in site.

It will get done when its done I guess be it this year or next.

I need a break, have a good day everyone.

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Ok I give up. I know you and others are working hard to get this done but I'm tired of waiting and waiting while more lil fixes are pushed to blight with no end in site.

It will get done when its done I guess be it this year or next.
    Smaug
    I look at it this way...it gives new and old players alike a bit mroe time to earn some coin...increasing their chances of owning a prime piece of Istarian real-estate
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Thank you for hearing us VI about the Tavern changes.

As for plot prices, I hope the price changes do not hamper new players wanting to buy that property they had their eye on, only to find out that they won't be able to afford it unless a very wealthy, and good friend fronts them the money to get it.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    One of the factors that influenced the pricing changes was an analysis of the distribution of wealth across all characters ever created. We could see exactly how many characters would be able to buy a plot of any given value, among other things. In quite a few cases, that kind of information lead to plot prices being lowered.
    Historical analysis is going to be biased HEAVILY towards the Veterans who may have accumulated wealth at times when wealth accumulation was MUCH easier than it is with the current game.
    For example, players who were crafters before the pawnbrokers were NERFED!

However, this is a pointless post so far on my part since you seem committed to doing what you are going to do.

So, I'll ask one last question.
    After the auctions are over and plots are selling for their base price...
    Give me an actual example of what kind of plot I can get for my theoretical 1g 500s....

For 1.5gp, you can buy any of about 3/4ths of the plots which are for sale out there.

For 1 gold, you can buy any of about half the plots which are for sale out there.

And, in case your next question is "Are they all small plots", the answer to that is no. There are plots in a variety of sizes available in that price point.

And also notice that LO didn't say we did a "historical analysis" of wealth. We looked at wealth across all characters created. Thus when looking at their coin amounts, we knew how long ago the player joined the game. The prices were considered with respect to players who both had recently came to Istaria, those who had been in Istaria for years, and those who would join the game in the future.

Hope that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by Enter View Post
    After the auctions are over and plots are selling for their base price...

Give me an actual example of what kind of plot I can get for my theoretical 1g 500s....
    I could be wrong, but I expected previously owned plots, with or without structures, to be auctioned. And community owned plots to be sold.

1g 500s will buy you any of the 55x55 plots in Desert's Edge. I might be wrong, but I think the community of Meadowhill has plots 1800sq m for less than a gold.

I think there are going to be a LOT more available plots than there are players.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Sanctuary Bay has a plot next to mine 70 by 30 (2100sq m) for 637sp.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

i would say dont do anything about the taverns untill the auctions are over!

people are almost leaving the game because of the much to long waiting and lack of news and here people are concerned about the tavern changes???

majority of playing people could not be less concerened what the tavern keep can and can not sell. its just the maxed out, bored confectioners that care... or those that like to stress the rest of the community with keeping them waiting longer....

put the tavern change into the game, along with the auctions and the 24-hours before sell plot back change i would say. then the tavern can always be changed back later on?

Quote Originally Posted by Thangorodrim Atanatari View Post
    i would say dont do anything about the taverns untill the auctions are over!

people are almost leaving the game because of the much to long waiting and lack of news and here people are concerned about the tavern changes???

majority of playing people could not be less concerened what the tavern keep can and can not sell. its just the maxed out, bored confectioners that care... or those that like to stress the rest of the community with keeping them waiting longer....

put the tavern change into the game, along with the auctions and the 24-hours before sell plot back change i would say. then the tavern can always be changed back later on?
    Seconded. Sorry confectioners, easier for you to wait a little while for a minor inconvienience rather than sacrificing the people have been homeless or stagnant (can't sell plot because there are none to buy) for nearly 9 weeks.
    Last edited by Shian; September 5th, 2008 at 06:49 AM.

I'm glad that the tavern change is going to be compromised.

But I'm still confused at who and how many complained about it, to get it changed in the first place rather then taking a poll.........? Also where did they state their complaints? Or did I miss a post about the taverns somewhere?

Concidering we have so many on here that didn't like the idea.

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    For 1.5gp, you can buy any of about 3/4ths of the plots which are for sale out there.

For 1 gold, you can buy any of about half the plots which are for sale out there.

And, in case your next question is "Are they all small plots", the answer to that is no. There are plots in a variety of sizes available in that price point.

And also notice that LO didn't say we did a "historical analysis" of wealth. We looked at wealth across all characters created. Thus when looking at their coin amounts, we knew how long ago the player joined the game. The prices were considered with respect to players who both had recently came to Istaria, those who had been in Istaria for years, and those who would join the game in the future.

Hope that helps.
    Have you ever thought of running for President?

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post

Hope that helps.
    So statistically:

50% of plots are 1gp or less
    25% of plots are 1gp - 1.5gp
    25% of plots are 1.5gp or greater

Of the 0 - 50% range, some plots will be quite sizable depending on distance from a portal ring, making large plots affordable, but inconvenient, or smaller plots that are near a portal ring.

Location, location, location

or

Convenience, Convenience, convenience

Sure your plot is small, and isn't near a portal for miles... but it's right near tier V resources!

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i am content with the tav compromise.

plot price will, i imagine, be determined largely by desirability, as it is in real life.....
    a smaller plot near a port and road and useful resources will go for more than a larger plot in the middle of nowhere. that's just reality. plan accordingly!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Thread Information