Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 148 and 149

Default Re: Blight Delta 148 and 149

Yea some nice changes. But I will have to agree about not being able to sell all foods on taverns. It makes no sense.

Not sure what players wanted this changed or how many.....

Perhaps polls should be made when certain suggestions are put in, before actually making a change. This is just a suggestion of course and we may need a poll to see if its ok to do a poll for changes

Quote Originally Posted by Zexoin View Post
    Have you ever thought that what they're fixing may be related to the auction process ? >.>
    yes thats why an update would be nice

AmariĂ« AncalĂ**mon veiwing thread now. Perhaps an update or clarification!
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

I'm really confused on the outcry of this tavern change.... is it the simple fact that you can't put alcohol in the tavern anymore?

Tavern=food

Not candy or speed buffs or combat enhancing treats. I don't see how that's 'dumbing down' anything, more of an organizational change.

It's not like they are removing the ability to sell them at all.
    For Order folks, the cosigner at Aug is some 30 steps away from the tavernkeeper. Less on most plots.

I'm happy with the 24 hour lockout decision. It's short enough that any mistake can be resolved without dramatically hurting normal gameplay, keeps those that are hot swapping plots unaffected while it also discourages insta farming on too many plots.

Shian, answer this question:

Do you go to a grocery store to buy armor? weapons? Formulas?

Would you try to buy a cargo disk from a tavern keeper?

When you go to a Tavern Keeper, you know you are buying food. You can even consign raw goods there too (processed ingredients). It's the grocery store of Istaria. I love to keep all of my things in one place and get tired of saying, "The chicken is on my consigner, the ice cream is on the tavern, and I loaded up my silo with the soup."

I took all my food items and consigned them to a Tavern Keeper. One nice neat place to keep food consumables created by Confectioners. That way any guild members wishing to get food / buff items can get them there and not have to search through 4 or 6 connies looking for where I stashed the Granny Nuffle's festival punch so they can spike it with whiskey golem residue.

After the patch goes live, all of my candied apples, chocolate covered spiders and mice, the fruit punch, cookies, and festival generated foods, will not be able to be sold on Tavern keepers but only on consigners.

yes.... we know you can ALWAYS sell your goods on a consigner, even food. The point is "Why change something that makes no sense to change except for players that can't read a food description by hovering over the object and realizing it does not remove DP timer time?"
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

I read with interest several posts objecting to the change in items postable to taverns to now include only dp reduction foods. I join Jayne in the observation in post #21 in this thread and the chef's of our guild are inconvenienced in the same fashion as outlined in Justa's post #25, above. If in fact the convenience of the players who managed to convince the devs to proffer this change should override the inconvenience posed to other players who did not until now have opportunity to air the issues of this change - is to me a matter of some question and of considerable concern.

Knossos

I will chime in that the Tavern change I do not agree with either. Someone should be looking at what they are buying, period.

You buy something 2 or 3 tiers off (dp reducing food) and the effect becomes nearly worthless. Players who complained surely have learned by now how the food works, and know all the foods that are not dp reducers....

Nowhere near Slayvite's Lair i can tell you that. He has Ranch sauce instead of shampoo.

forgive me for being synical, but 2 delta's for that?
    none had been implemented so you could have just called them Blight delta 148.
    Only going off some of the other delta's, this seems a little 'weak' for 2 delta's ? more to the point for me, no mention about the bugged ARoP. so i got more time to do nothing. yes i know their's other stuff to do but i dont want to. my drag is ready for the ARoP and thats what i want to do

I love the New Istria splash screen we were talking on Blight that it repersents a bunch of Dev's tring to repo a Dragons lair LOL

Quote Originally Posted by Knossos
    IIf in fact the convenience of the players who managed to convince the devs to proffer this change should override the inconvenience posed to other players who did not until now have opportunity to air the issues of this change - is to me a matter of some question and of considerable concern.

Knossos
    Agreed, I'm of the mindset that there are more players AGAINST this change than those that requested it.

Moreover I'm willing to bet that those that did request it STILL need to hover over descriptions to determine the appropriate tier of food.

I too would like to see this reversed. Currently it's convenient for me to go to a single location to buy food, which includes speciality items.

Rather than banning festival foods from the tavern, I'd prefer to see a prefix designating the ones that do help eliminate dp's - especially if it can also indicate which tier food we're looking at. H for healthy maybe followed by I,II,III IV,V or VI? So it would be HVI Dessert:Chocolate Mousse that I'd look for to top off my meal, H-Bitter Sausage helps with dp time but is not part of a full meal, and I'd know that neither Spun Sugar nor Bitter Ale are healthy dp reducers.

Just a thought, as it seems silly rp-wise to me to ban some foods from taverns.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    • CHANGE: Plot and lair prices across Istaria have been reassessed and standardized. New prices reflect not only the size of the plot, but the distance from the plot to the nearest portal. This will effect the base price for auctions as well as when a player buys a plot directly from the community.
    Does this affect the price you get when you sell back your plot to the community? If so, what happens if the price of the plot went down after you purchased it? Do you lose the difference? Or did any prices go down?

Quote Originally Posted by Kerech View Post
    Does this affect the price you get when you sell back your plot to the community? If so, what happens if the price of the plot went down after you purchased it? Do you lose the difference? Or did any prices go down?
    Guess this is in reflection of our current economy................in RL of course

My plot in Sanctuary Bay got a price reduction (OMG RL creeps in) My property value isn't worth what it was anymore...

It went from 937sp to 1g 957sp to probably 700sp (could not tell on blight, as someone owns the plot and has it at 1sp) but the plot next to it (70 by 30) is 637sp so I am guessing an 80 by 40 won't be much more expensive.

so much for taking out a second mortgage!
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34

How close is your plot to a gate? That seems to effect the pricing alot also. I seen plots that was 475s jump to 2g 500s.

Smaug

Are things going badly on Blight? Nothing being posted and didn't get pushed to live shards like they said would Wed if all was well on blight so I assume its not sigh. Really need to get this auction/reclaim going soon I hope.

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    Really need to get this auction/reclaim going.
    any word on this would be nice,
    if not 100% of the crew is involved in ferociously fixing functions.

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    How close is your plot to a gate? That seems to effect the pricing alot also. I seen plots that was 475s jump to 2g 500s.

Smaug
    Recently it got an incoming pad but no teleport ring. Nearest ring is Dalimond (a walk on the beach) or Tishlar (the road bonus to a dead town)

Before the "first price adjustment" my plot went to 1g 957sp which is what I bought it for. Now the plot next to me is 1100m smaller and is 637sp, so I am guestimating that my plot is going to lose value. But I don't intend on moving so it really doesn't matter. I just find it funny how RL creeps in.

The current Blight load screen has a sign in the graphic that says "Place You Bid" instead of "Place Your Bid"

Also, the text is still from the Pax Istaria event.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Are the prices raised for distance to teleports OUT or landing pads in?

If it's for teleports out, I hope it's distance travelled by foot.

Thread Information