Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Blight Delta 148 and 149

Default Re: Blight Delta 148 and 149

Well I took a look at some of the plots in Brandon's Shelf. One of the plots closest to the arrival pad jumped almost 5g in price to 15g and some change.

What I find very interesting, the plot close to, but on the other side of the gate jumped to a whopping 23g and some change. and before you ask, yes, the plots are all of the same size.

I can see a relationship between price of plot and proximity to the arrival pad; the close to the pad the easier it is to tote your disk and build. So it makes sense that the of the plots I refer to above, the one closest to the pad jumped in price.

Yet the other one, which is a goodly distance from the arrival pad, and yes, as the crow flies is close to the gate...I can't see why it jumped in price so significantly.

Most of the time when looking at plots, I could care less about outgoing gates (Bristugo being an exception to this general rule). I care about how close or far away the arrival pad is...that has a direct bearing on how easy it is to build...ie...disk toting time.

Speaking of Bristugo...I noticed that the 2 plots right next to the gate system jumped from a few hundred silver to 2g and some silver to 3g and some silver...makes perfect sense considering the proximity of both gates and arrival pad...though they are only 40x40 and 35x45 (or there abouts)
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Are the prices raised for distance to teleports OUT or landing pads in?

If it's for teleports out, I hope it's distance travelled by foot.
    I think it is straight line distance...see my post right after yours and or visit Brandon's Shelf. Look at the plot up on the hill just past the gate. Drop down the hill and there's maybe 100m between plot and gate, but if you walk the road, it's more like 500-700 meters if not more
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Price is higher the closer to a portal out, at least from what I've seen so far.

Morning Light is a good example.
    Pad and Portal are very close together.
    2 60x60 plots very close to each other.
    The one that is closest to the portal out is 3g 623s.
    The other one is only 40 meters away from the first, and price is 2g 986s. This one would be closer to the incoming pad.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Quote Originally Posted by Sindala View Post
    forgive me for being synical, but 2 delta's for that?
    none had been implemented so you could have just called them Blight delta 148.
    Only going off some of the other delta's, this seems a little 'weak' for 2 delta's ? more to the point for me, no mention about the bugged ARoP. so i got more time to do nothing. yes i know their's other stuff to do but i dont want to. my drag is ready for the ARoP and thats what i want to do
    The reason for two deltas is purely a technical issue with how groups of changes are packaged for publishing to blight and live. Once they run the automated method for creating a delta, there is no going back and repackaging it (or at least that is what we have been told in the past). Any missed stuff or new changes have to become part of a new delta. I am guessing some last minute changes were left out or someone missed the cutoff time for checking in something. *shakes finger* Naughty devs!

Believe me, a bunch of us long ago have already questioned why deltas can't be rolled into a single patch rather than having to apply each patch sequentially. It's just a limitation of the systems and they have to work with what they've got.

Also, there is no stated guaranty that any single delta will contain x amount of changes or new content. You could add an entire expansion worth of content or simply fix a few typos in a quest. Either would be enough to build a delta from.

Drev

I'm confused about the plot pricing. Maybe most of it was just done as a rush job.

Desert's Edge has a landing pad, but not a portal out. All plots are 55x55.

In Desert's Edge, on Chaos, it appears that all plots were 1g 637s (some listing prices were changed by owners).

In Desert's Edge on Blight, most plots are 1g 112s. There are a couple 1g 114s and at least one 1g 116s (the closest one to the pad).

One of the 1g 112s plots is in between two 1g 114s plots.

By road travel, the plot furtherest from the landing pad is the most expensive at 1g 167s.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

There's really no difference between rolling out multiple deltas and doing one big patch, at least when it comes to putting things to the live servers. We could call deltas X, Y, and Z something like "Patch Q22" if we wanted, but the changes themselves would be the same.

While it is true that you can't 'cherry-pick' a delta, what you get when you roll several deltas out together is the end result of each. That is, when something breaks in one delta and is fixed in the next, by rolling both out together, all you get is the end result - the fix, already in place.

By the way, Blizzard does the same thing with WoW's public test realms. They just don't use the word "delta". They make a change, fix what breaks, roll those fixes out as an update, rinse, repeat, until they have a build they are happy with. They call that collection of deltas a patch and roll it out all at once. Same thing we do, only they wait longer and use different terms.

That which we call a delta, by any other name, is still functioning as intended.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

But is it closest to a outgoing gate? That seems to be what they went off not landing pads.

Here I thought my few gold pieces would give me a chance to get something bigger, should of known better.

Another thing bugs me was told if got a plot smaller then 1600 then should sell it back so it can get resized, so I did. Now I've read a post saying even if a plot is owned if up for resizing it will get resized. To buy the same plot back now will cost me over 2g more then origional price of 470s. Yes it did go up in size to about 2400 but still a big jump in cost.

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Smaug View Post
    But is it closest to a outgoing gate? That seems to be what they went off not landing pads.

Here I thought my few gold pieces would give me a chance to get something bigger, should of known better.

Another thing bugs me was told if got a plot smaller then 1600 then should sell it back so it can get resized, so I did. Now I've read a post saying even if a plot is owned if up for resizing it will get resized. To buy the same plot back now will cost me over 2g more then origional price of 470s. Yes it did go up in size to about 2400 but still a big jump in cost.

Smaug
    Just a point of clarification, Smaug. No one ever said you had to sell your plot back in order to have it resized. What was said is that it is easier to resize plots if they are not currently owned. By having a plot that is under 1600sq.m. unowned, there was much more that could be done with it, including deleting it, moving it to a completely different location in the community, or altering the boundaries of it. If a plot was owned, there were many more restrictions on what could be done with it in order to bring it up to size standards. That's why you'll see that there are still quite a number of "too small" plots left in the world, actually.

I've been listening to the feedback on the changes, both positive and negative, in this set of deltas, and have heard the concerns of many. I had not realized how many players were still making, and stocking their Tavernkeepers with, the "old" style foods, and so have been surprised at the response to the proposed Tavernkeeper changes. It was never intended to negatively affect the game play of anyone, but to help new players have a more positive experience. With that in mind, we're going to hold the changes from deltas 148 and 149 from going live with deltas 146 and 147. Our current plan is to apply delta 150 to Blight next week, which will allow players to still use the Tavernkeepers on their plots for the buying and selling of all foods. The three Imperial Tavernkeepers (in the Arena, Dalimond and Aughundell) will continue to only accept food that is used in death point time reduction

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    With that in mind, we're going to hold the changes from deltas 148 and 149 from going live with deltas 146 and 147. Our current plan is to apply delta 150 to Blight next week
    does this mean we are getting auction-patch and auction-launch without the ''24 hour wait till sell plot back to community'' fix?

I've been listening to the feedback on the changes, both positive and negative, in this set of deltas, and have heard the concerns of many. I had not realized how many players were still making, and stocking their Tavernkeepers with, the "old" style foods, and so have been surprised at the response to the proposed Tavernkeeper changes. It was never intended to negatively affect the game play of anyone, but to help new players have a more positive experience. With that in mind, we're going to hold the changes from deltas 148 and 149 from going live with deltas 146 and 147. Our current plan is to apply delta 150 to Blight next week, which will allow players to still use the Tavernkeepers on their plots for the buying and selling of all foods. The three Imperial Tavernkeepers (in the Arena, Dalimond and Aughundell) will continue to only accept food that is used in death point time reduction
    Thanks for listening and the quick responce and solution for taverns. I think the Imperial Taverns staying changed, but all player built Taverns being unrestricted is a good compromise.

I know people keep asking when auctions will happen, when will live get a patch, etc. but I think most of us are more than happy waiting another week if needed to get the bugs out first, before patching it all live.

Quote Originally Posted by Guaran View Post
    Thanks for listening and the quick responce and solution for taverns. I think the Imperial Taverns staying changed, but all player built Taverns being unrestricted is a good compromise.

I know people keep asking when auctions will happen, when will live get a patch, etc. but I think most of us are more than happy waiting another week if needed to get the bugs out first, before patching it all live.
    Agreed... thank you for listening and coming up with a very fair compromise!
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

As one of those new players you mentioned... (Back just 3 weeks)

I am DEEPLY disturbed by the reports of the effects on plot prices.
    DEEPLY
    23g for a plot?
    Do you realize how badly the current economy is broken?
    Do you know how HARD it is for a new player to make money?
    I thought that having an auction for each plot was the mechanism to drain some of the money out of the hands of long time players?
    I thought that the auctions would sort out which plots were most desirable, now you add this ARTIFICIAL filter based on distance to portal?

Once the new houses get built there will be next to NO, NONE, ZERO, NADA, "economy" left to this game.

Why are you going to treat new players as second class citizens?
    Why force us to live on the smallest plots, at the greatest distance from any portal?
    Do you really think that this is any way to encourage new players to stick with the game?
    Before this change, my guildies advised me to wait til the auctions were over and then I could maybe find a plot that no one had bid on with a decent size for maybe 1g 500s.
    I expected it to take me MONTHS before I could afford even that amount.
    Now, 23g? SERIOUSLY?
    I hope this is the result of your new distance from portal pricing formula gone WILD, and not a reflection of what you think the base price of ANY plot of ANY size should cost.

I look forward to your feedback.

The plot you are referring to is one plot of many. It is one of the largest plots in the game, and sits extremely close to a portal pad. Hopefully that knowledge helps.

The plot you are referring to is one plot of many. It is one of the largest plots in the game, and sits extremely close to a portal pad. Hopefully that knowledge helps.
    Yeah.. if the largest plot in the game goes to auction, expect it to go well beyond 23g! As a new player, you're simply not going to be able to compete with those that have been in the game watching this plot like a hawk, just biding time and saving money for the time they can get something so luxurious as 'the biggest plot in the game'. The good news is, thier 'old' plot of 60x60-very large for a new player, but not so for someone who has been playing since the beginning of time, will probably be up for grabs

Your right Velea, I read to much in the email that was sent asking us to decon and sell back to community small plots. I should of kept what I had.

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Enter View Post
    Do you realize how badly the current economy is broken?
    One of the factors that influenced the pricing changes was an analysis of the distribution of wealth across all characters ever created. We could see exactly how many characters would be able to buy a plot of any given value, among other things. In quite a few cases, that kind of information lead to plot prices being lowered.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Does that mean reclaim/auction is delayed along with 148/149 or will it go with 146/147?

Smaug

It hasn't been delayed because a start date hasn't been announced.

Thank you VERY very much for reversing the tavern changes!

On the note of landing pads/outgoing gates/pricing; please do not make it as the crow flies, as not all of us are crows. Yes there are some places where you can jump down and be close to a gate/pad, but there are other places where you cannot (i.e., shepherd's mountain). So if it is done thusly, can you make it applicable to "down" distances and not "vertically up" distances?
    (in other words, peds can jump down, but not up {cliffs, etc.})

Thread Information