Thread: Adamantium bars bars and mithril ore

Default Adamantium bars bars and mithril ore

I know this is not someting of a high priority in the grand scope of things, but I hope that the skill required to process mithril in adamantuim bars is changed before auctions are done. Before everyone in Istaria is trying to re-build thier plots all at the same time.

Nothing like filling 3 T5 silos with adamantium. Filling one silo with mithril then spending the next two days filling the other two silos with a little voice in the back of your head laughing at you saying, "Oh, look at you. You could have been done already. But you're not.. so keep digging."
    Last edited by Shian; September 6th, 2008 at 12:17 PM. Reason: rats.. why can't I edit the title? ;_;

Default Re: Adamantium bars bars and mithril ore

Time for another bit of "Velea blunt honesty".

A change like this would require another delta.

We have 5 deltas already going in to this set, which means that when it is applied to a live server, especially Chaos, you can count on losing the server for the whole day, basically. Every additional delta that we add to this set only is going to make the application process take longer.

We can't delta while auctions are going on. It would be ugly and messy to say the least.

And, of course, there is the delay in taking something from internal to Blight for testing, to Live.

So while we could, in theory, try to get things like this and make any corrections (and note I'm not saying a correction is needed or not, as I haven't looked at any specifics), to me it just does not seem like something that we should be doing compared to moving forward with finishing testing for what's on Blight now, getting it applied to live, verifying that all is well with it... and doing auctions.

So while I've heard your hope, I also wouldn't hold my breath for this to happen before auctions are completed. It is, however, something to look at for the first delta set that happens after auctions are done and everyone who wants one has a home again.

Kay. Thanks.

Admantium @ 3:2 is far far better than transmuting, or trying to get admantium bonuses from mining mithril. Why is this a bug? I'm just curious as I thought that was the correct ratio for it.

Adamantium is 3:3. Mithril and adamantium each require a skill of 1600.

Strange... when I do adamantium bars I get 1 bar for 3 adamantium and 2 mithril. I remember being 4:2:1 but never 3:3:1.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Same, I get 3:2=1 adm bar.

Creme, Shian's issue was originally detailed in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    The mithril should be at 1440 skill. We'll get it fixed as soon as possible.
    Shian was just asking for (and received) an update, that's all.
    Last edited by Steele; September 8th, 2008 at 03:46 PM. Reason: for clarity
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

With Mithril @ 1440, would that make a difference to processing @ 3:2?

Would it be 3:1?

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    With Mithril @ 1440, would that make a difference to processing @ 3:2?

Would it be 3:1?
    if your smelting is higher than 1440, yes

Thread Information