Thread: Racial houses for Plots limited? (might be bug)

Default Racial houses for Plots limited? (might be bug)

I'm just starting the whole biped building thing, got my lil biped all leveled up in all 5 schools of crafting and I pick up my large and heavy assortment of various tools and head off to do my thing..

And I see that dwarven houses have no limit so I plan out this great plot full of what i've figured was a great storage set up full of the most space-efficient structures in various compounds and go to build.. and sirens go off.. only dwarven structures can be built more than once in a plot.

Which, coincidentally, are the structures with the most outrageous resource requirements for the space/storage they take up.

So.. I guess this post is two fold.

If this is a glitch and the other racial houses were meant to have no limit, can we fix that?

And if they aren't, then here's my suggestion:

Take off the limitation of the number of racial storage structures you can build in a single plot or at least increase it to like 2 or 3.. 4? Ok ok ok.. 10! And that's my final offer!

I'm sure this is WAI, but I just thought I'd throw up the little yellow flag in case it's not. I mean.. are we favoring dwarves for some reason and their very sturdily built (and oddly shaped) storage structures? Or is THE MAN holding back the other races! Racists! (JOKING!)
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Racial houses for Plots limited? (might be bug)

Well if one has a very large plot to have ample space, I believe that Fiendish large houses are not limited to 1 per plot..

Knossos

Any word from the devs on this? WAI or glitch? My tent farm is growing unfortunately and it would be great to be able to build more Saris tiny huts.. nice square and small.. holds 25 items and fits in the same space as two tents which only hold 10 each.

The Fiendish large houses are nice, but pretty clunky to place (and very ugly unless you have that theme going). Would prefer to have something smaller I can manipulate more efficiently.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Any word from the devs on this? WAI or glitch? My tent farm is growing unfortunately and it would be great to be able to build more Saris tiny huts.. nice square and small.. holds 25 items and fits in the same space as two tents which only hold 10 each.

The Fiendish large houses are nice, but pretty clunky to place (and very ugly unless you have that theme going). Would prefer to have something smaller I can manipulate more efficiently.
    Not sure if you've stumbled across a bug or not... but have you tried multiple small dwarven houses? They're a tad larger but I think they hold 30 and I know I've placed multiple on a plot.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Not sure if you've stumbled across a bug or not... but have you tried multiple small dwarven houses? They're a tad larger but I think they hold 30 and I know I've placed multiple on a plot.
    Thanks Steele, but I said in my OP that they're the only ones I found that were no limit for placing.

They're also insanely expensive to build compared to everything else.

Heh... you're right; I must have skimmed right over it and concentrated solely on your second post. My apologies.
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by Steele View Post
    Heh... you're right; I must have skimmed right over it and concentrated solely on your second post. My apologies.
    Well if you happen to have some dwarven houses sitting on the backlot for sale.. I'll come check a few out.. any with a whirl pool?

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    Well if you happen to have some dwarven houses sitting on the backlot for sale.. I'll come check a few out.. any with a whirl pool?
    ...not likely. Dwarves hate water; this is why they don't bathe for weeks at a time.

Thread Information