Thread: Beginner, Journeyman, and Expert formulas.

Thumbs up Beginner, Journeyman, and Expert formulas.

Suggestion: Formulas that are already known, due to a higher formula having already been scribed, should be grayed out when right clicking them.

I know... there are some formulas that don't "back fill" the lesser versions of the formula, but I wonder if the tech is available to scan your formulas for the higher version of the spell and gray out the menu selection.
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Beginner, Journeyman, and Expert formulas.

yeah the ability to locate previously scribed forms, etc. or auto delete capability to allow one to quickly locate forms of a lesser tier (once the higher tier has been memorized, of course) - that would totally be kewl beans!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Justa Mirage View Post
    Suggestion: Formulas that are already known, due to a higher formula having already been scribed, should be grayed out when right clicking them.

I know... there are some formulas that don't "back fill" the lesser versions of the formula, but I wonder if the tech is available to scan your formulas for the higher version of the spell and gray out the menu selection.
    This would be very nice.

Yes, it would be nice...however...

Have you ever noticed the lag when you open your "Knowledge' window for the first time during a gaming session? For Dragon's (that haven't sribed every single spell, as mine hasn't) this isn't an issue, but for Dragons that have every spell scribed, and highly leveled crafting bipeds...this lag can be significant. I know for a fact it takes Aaelefein nearly 2 full minutes to be fulling in the game when logging in vs about 10 seconds for my 100/100/77 Dragon Treyven.

The only way I can see this working, would cause lag 'spikes' each time a form is looted as it is checked against your knowledge. In a battle, this could be a very, very bad thing.

Still though, it is a nice idea, along with an additional column in connies that indcate if a particule form/tech has been scribed so you don't end up buying one you already have. Oh...I typically check my list, but I still miss on occasion.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Maybe just make a button in your Knowledge window, or a text command like /cleanknowledge that will only do it when you want? That way, it may still lag, but it won't lag at a bad time.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Aaelefein View Post
    The only way I can see this working, would cause lag 'spikes' each time a form is looted as it is checked against your knowledge. In a battle, this could be a very, very bad thing.

unless i misread what justa wrote, he means when you scribe the higher tier of the formula, the lower version goes away.

it's a Shur thing...

What I am saying is... what ever program logic they use, when you right click a formula, to compare with your known formulas and gray out the menu to scribe it. I don't get lag when I right click formulas, but since there are only 3 values (Beginner, Journeyman, Expert) to check against when you right click the formula, I don't see much problem saying "Oh, lets look at the 'higher than this' versions of the formula to see if they have it already."
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Thread Information