Thread: Writing Frustrations

Default Writing Frustrations

Yes, I ranted once already today- this is about a different subject though.

Like how telling your family "I'm going to work on my writing now, please don't disturb me" some how becomes the cue for them to start playing the TV loud, cleaning house, inviting other family over, mowing the lawn right outside my window....

How the heck am I supposed to get even a page, let alone a whole chapter of a fairly serious story done when they're making all that noise? >.< And worse yet- when I go out and complain?

"But we didn't do anything!" ....Um...yeah. Apparently my room is magically soundproof so I don't hear all this going out right outside my door or window if you ask them.

Right. That makes perfect sense.

*bangs head on keyboard and just groans*

Default Re: Writing Frustrations

*chuckles* I know someone who invested in ear plugs... ;-)

Does listening to music help? Sometimes that can be a distraction in and of itself, but it sure makes it easier to drown out other noises. Otherwise, earplugs are good. I use them in band when the drumline gets a bit enthusiastic. >_>

I have an ongoing writing frustration right now... or maybe the problem is, there's no writing happening. XD I'm not actually a writer, but I got a really neat concept idea a few weeks ago that has tons of potential. I'd love to try and write something off of it... but I can't figure out what kind of story line there'll be. I have one part, which is probably the most important part of the story, but there's no plot! Grr...
    <----clicky!

Hehe, tried those Awdz. O.o; either I had a really bad set or my family's just that intrusive.

When in doubt, Favoran- just write if you have a basic idea and let the initial chapters guide you. Believe me, you can have a basic plot idea but it might change itself into something entirely different if it's the first installment.

I can use instrumental music but it can't be loud. ^_^; Music with words is banned, even if it's in a foreign language. Voices distract, unfortunately.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

white noise generator, perhaps?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    white noise generator, perhaps?
    An old computer works wonders for that. One with a bad fan in it so it sounds like an airplane

Hm...I hadn't thought of a white noise machine... Thanks, Vel! I'll have to look into that.

Though by Shian's theory, this lump of metal should qualify as one in its own right. *jabs her main exhaust fan*

Thread Information