Thread: Disappearing Mobs

Default Disappearing Mobs

Mobs around the Stone Cenotaph are still disappearing on death.
    The Cenotaph mobs themselves do not have this problem.
    The problem mobs are the normal T5 and T6 Withered Aegis mobs that appear to originate from the area East / Southeast of the Cenotaph. Specifically the spawn area that radiates from the area 29800, 25900.

I lost a Veteran Ghost Vapor today due to disappearing before I could click the 'Take All' button.

Another mob vanished as he was falling, but before he even hit the ground.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Default Re: Disappearing Mobs

This area is still bugged.
    A Veteran Zombie of level 80 still had 2/3 health, and suddenly disappeared.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard

Seems this issue is all the way up from Stone Cenotaph up to Reklar
    Dakoren Ironhand - Multiclassed Half-Giant
    Krondel Bloodclaw - Ancient Dragon

Wraith group mob spawns do it. It's not as much an ED issue as potentially anywhere that a wraith group spawns. The master seems to respawn/despawn mobs on some sort of timer.

It also occurs when mobs have very defined paths, like on the road in WD coming from the North (floating island) As you run down that road, you can see the pathing mobs spawn/despawn.

These mobs are probably hold-overs from the old spawn system (pre-merge). And as such the system isn't handling them well as it tries to despawn them (after everyone has left an area) and spawn them (cause it thinks you enter an area).

I could be wrong, but it certainly sounds like something with the way the spawn is acting.

And the Wraith Masters... hard to say with them. They might be another AI holdover from pre-merge.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

I thought some area spawns had been fixed in a previous patch.
    After Creme's post I did a search to find notes, and came up with the thread

Mob Escape Artists http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18158 from April 2008.

There is also a MUCH older thread that deals with this same issue in WDL. Mob issues in WD http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=10599 from October 2005.

The 'defined path' that Creme mentions was mentioned in the 2005 thread also.

That first thread was dealing with mob densities. That does nothing to address the issues I was talking about.

The 2005 thread is discussing the same issue as the wraiths... the disappearing.

Anyway, we'll look at it.

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

An over abundance of thankfulness is directed your way Amon.

SUPER THANKS!!

You're welcome. Sorry if that last post came across as blunt and kind of "hey, we'll look at it so shut up". That wasn't my intention. I appreciate you bringing this up.

The world of Istaria is big and so its really helpful when specific cases of weirdness with spawns or particular mobs are brought up so that we can take a look and try and make it better.

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    You're welcome. Sorry if that last post came across as blunt and kind of "hey, we'll look at it so shut up". That wasn't my intention. I appreciate you bringing this up.

The world of Istaria is big and so its really helpful when specific cases of weirdness with spawns or particular mobs are brought up so that we can take a look and try and make it better.
    I've always had this issue since beta in the times I've been in and out and every time I hunt.. there will be a mob I'll target and sidle up to him and go to hit him and .. where'd he go?

And, of course they'll disappear after death quite frequently, especially falling through the floor when hunting on uneven terrain. Not just in the specified areas either.

Lava and fire blights like to do this very frequently in the WDL.. I'll pull a bunch by flying by.. then to sit and wait for them to show up... In the meantime I'll target one towards the center of the approaching group for AoE debuffs.. and I'll hit him a couple times with AoEs.. all the sudden nothing is in the target window. So I'll target another one.. usually that one stays, but sometimes halfway through the fight.. same thing.. poof. especially annoying as you're looting 15 corpses and notice you only have 9 to loot and they're disappearing faster than you can click them.

Course resource nodes do that too when I go to hit one.. unless I can get that first hit in.. they go bye bye sometimes. Presumably to refresh the nodes and spawn elsewhere in the zone, but should they despawn when someone is in the zone?

Maybe related.. might not be.

Annoying nonetheless.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Mensar, concerning the blights in WDL, has this been happening since the May 2008 patch?

Part of that patch was:
    Cleaned up numerous spawn regions that were affected by the "disappearing mobs" problem. This issue should now be mostly squashed, but if other areas are discovered that behave like this please let us know.
    Are any of your experiences with this area post May 2008?

Thread Information