Thread: Need a new computer?

Default Need a new computer?

Shameless Plug:

So a friend and I recently started up a business called JG Custom PCs. We sell custom-built computers and painted cases. We're really excited about getting this going, and we're already doing some good work for our first customers. So check it out! We'll even paint a big ol' dragon on the side if you want. http://www.jgcustompcs.com/

-Your friendly neighborhood stripey dragon

Default Re: Need a new computer?

well, your prices certainly seem competetive enough, however there are a few details that are a bit too vague: you should in include the manufacturer of the various components. Also it would be nice to know the speed of the RAM, and how many chips will be used.

Thanks for offering a Linux as an OS option.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

Shur: Yes, I agree with you. I'm actually planning on adding some of that RAM information. It's one on a list of a hundred website improvements I have planned, but I'll bump it up the list. It's good to have some constructive criticism!

Xoshara: Yes, it will be a sad sad day when we can't sell XP anymore and we'll be forced to make Vista default. Our target shoppers really aren't the sort to use Linux (currently, we feel that most people who would install Linux would also be building their own computers), but offering it and using the Ubuntu CD the OS graphic are my personal little rebellions against Microsoft.

Thought I'd share a quick update. We have recently completed a crazy awesome video for JG Custom PCs. Enjoy Attitude with Lasers!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XPyOLch6MHw

rofl @ movie.

I'll be needing a new computer at some point when my wallet is back in the green (it'll be a while) so I'll keep you guys in mind for the casing.

hmm... wonder how long a flying cod would last the way i'd use it...

Love the movie!

Love the movie, like the site!

Only 1 comment about the Hassle-free PCs...

When I press any of the Show/Hide Ports and Expansion Slots only the Pico will scroll down.
    It doesnt matter if I choose the Pico, Nano or Micro only the Pico seems to work.
    Also when I press Nano or Micro the Pico scrolls down.

Edit: Above comment also applies on Home, Productivity and Gaming PCs.
    Last edited by Dragonboy; March 23rd, 2009 at 02:08 AM.
    Rvlion- LvL 100:100:100 - 59.3M - Lunus Ancient
    Gallinthus- LvL 100:42:41 - 6.9M - Hatchling
    Lohasbrand– LvL 4:3:0 – 1.0M - Hatchling
    Sslion- LvL 25 Mage, 25 Warrior, 10 Cleric, 6 Druid, 6 Monk and a few Craft Schools

Purple?

YES PURPLE!

lmao the movie is win!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •Â«

Quote Originally Posted by Kepesk View Post
    Shur: Yes, I agree with you. I'm actually planning on adding some of that RAM information. It's one on a list of a hundred website improvements I have planned, but I'll bump it up the list. It's good to have some constructive criticism!

Xoshara: Yes, it will be a sad sad day when we can't sell XP anymore and we'll be forced to make Vista default. Our target shoppers really aren't the sort to use Linux (currently, we feel that most people who would install Linux would also be building their own computers), but offering it and using the Ubuntu CD the OS graphic are my personal little rebellions against Microsoft.

You mean you'll be making Windows 7 your default, right? It's being released in a few months. You can skip right over Vista if you want.

Cool idea for a business. I hope you do well.

If a person has their own os, would you let them set up the os themselves if they know how?

edit: also the phoenix description. <3
    Last edited by RuneDragoon; March 23rd, 2009 at 07:00 PM.

Thread Information