Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Plot Buying Issues

Default Plot Buying Issues

I bought a plot from a guild mate to apply some novians, but when the plot was sold to me, for a small amount of coin, the structures weren't appearing, the planning screen was empty and no construction was listed. This is despite the fact that the plot is half-built. Seems like the plot buying bug is still there. We tried reselling it to each other for 1c, but to no avail. I tried relogging and clearing the world cache and still the issue persists. A ticket will soon be sent in regarding this issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

Karya

Default Re: Plot Buying Issues

Quote Originally Posted by Karya View Post
    I bought a plot from a guild mate to apply some novians, but when the plot was sold to me, for a small amount of coin, the structures weren't appearing, the planning screen was empty and no construction was listed. This is despite the fact that the plot is half-built. Seems like the plot buying bug is still there. We tried reselling it to each other for 1c, but to no avail. I tried relogging and clearing the world cache and still the issue persists. A ticket will soon be sent in regarding this issue. Is anyone else having this issue?

Karya
    If you can't see completed structures, then yes we had this bug last week I thnk, but Lady V fixed it. I think the workaround was to sell it to someone else for 1c and then sell it back after she applied a live patch.

I'm sure she'll be lurking around the board at some point soon probably to punch me in the head for making her work so hard lately, haha.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    If you can't see completed structures, then yes we had this bug last week I thnk, but Lady V fixed it. I think the workaround was to sell it to someone else for 1c and then sell it back after she applied a live patch.

I'm sure she'll be lurking around the board at some point soon probably to punch me in the head for making her work so hard lately, haha.
    Oh believe me, that was the first thing that was done... Then a relog, and then a clearing of the cache. None of that worked. Now I've found that if you click on existing structures on the plot, it will show up on the planning screen. But you can't put up any more buildings after the trade since it comes up blank when you bring up the list of buildings to build. It's getting a bit more complex.

Karya

To add to the wackyness, I tried re-naming the plot.

The window closed in the middle of me typing and greyed out. Now I cannot access it at all.

One can't delete structures either... you can add to unfinished buildings, but not take them away.

Karya

I sold for 1c to my novian-holding alt; when he was finished, the plot should have been sold back again to main character for 1c; but this is being refused with the message that I am at the max of my allowed plots... any workaround for this perhaps? (Ticket was sent on it, no reply yet) (Relogging didn't help, and both choice 'sell to certain player' and 'sell to any player' were tried)

There is a workaround for placing structures. Open your plot window, click on community survey. Highlight your plot, and then push the 'show available buildings' or whatever button... looks like a house. let the window populate, close the survey and re-open your plot window. You should be able to plan now. However, there are some very strange buildings in the list. It was fun placing a lighthouse on my plot.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

We believe the problems with plot information not showing up that were introduced last week have been fixed.

Mine 'unbugged' after todays maint (except for the ghost structures).
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    We believe the problems with plot information not showing up that were introduced last week have been fixed.
    The situation that Karya described with being able to see the structure after you click on it (but it appearing in the planning window) is still occurring. I observed it today. It also showed as 60-odd % complete, even though it is fully built.

No structures showed up in the completed structure list at all. I waited a good 10+ minutes thinking it might just be lagged, but the list never populated.

***EDIT***
    I checked random other locations and was able to view structure details on all but 1 other property.

The lair had no completed structures; however there was something under construction and the planning window was unavailable.

I was able to click on the partially completed structure and bring up the details; however the lair details were completely unavailable (greyed out).
    Last edited by Creme; September 17th, 2008 at 08:30 AM.

Mine 'unbugged' too meanwhile

Let me add that if someone does still have a problem with their plot, they will need to submit a support ticket. At this point the overall bug is fixed, but specific plots might still need some tweaking.

This bug should not have effected lairs at all, so a bugged lair is suffering from a different issue, and will still need a ticket submitted on it.

I will submit a ticket, but just wanted to give you the "heads-up" that the plot in Lower Cliffside on Order, position 22792/16734, is wigging out again as of this morning.

I needed to free up the acct. that was holding it, so I reactivated an old acct. and sold it for 1 copper to that acct. That part went fine, but when I went to reset the permissions the same problems reared their head. I then clear the World cache, nothing. I renamed the plot, nothing.

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

I've found that those who can't see the structures can click on each individual structure and if it does not hold items (eg houses and silos) then it will show up on the plot structure screen. Switching back and forth in the tabs of the plot screen can help see structures that aren't finished. The issue happened again after I sold the plot back to it's original owner last night so the bug is still around. And yes the devs have been notified about this. Just FYI on some possible fixes.

Karya

The posts in this thread made by Unicorn’s Lady, Karya and Shian refer to plots owned by guildees in The Annatar Guild. The “bug”, which was corrected on all four plots of concern in three different towns one of which was a guild town, has recurred on two plots when those plots were once again sold and bought in the course of applying novians from “mule” toons. Thus it would seem that the “bug” has been identified and successfully addressed – but is reintroduced by subsequent sale and repurchase sequences. Hopefully there will be a fix forthcoming that can withstand normal occurrences of plots sales and repurchases. And yes, tickets have been submitted for the 2 plots having recurrent “bug” experience.

Knossos

Since we're trying to reset up Carmo on Order and one of my characters has a chunk of the packed up novians for the whole village, I was buying and selling several plots last night, several times.

Even though Velea fixed one plot yesterday, as soon as I sold it to a plotholder character, the bugginess came back. The other plots that I resold last night in Carmo immediately became buggy too.

So, for Carmo on Order at least, these plot bugs re-occurs as soon as the plots are sold again.

Here's hoping that they find the Kline bottle in the spagetti code soon, so poor Velea won't go bald from tearing her hair out!

Nellie Lovett/Ochre Tekton
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

Please just hold off the selling of plots between characters, because yes, I am starting to get bald spots.

Obviously at this point that is what is causing Plot information windows to be bugged. Really don't need any more "testing" of the theory at this point.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this will cause, but for now everyone will be better off if you just hold on to the plot you have and give us a chance to figure out what the problem really is and get it fixed.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Please just hold off the selling of plots between characters, because yes, I am starting to get bald spots.

Obviously at this point that is what is causing Plot information windows to be bugged. Really don't need any more "testing" of the theory at this point.

I'm sorry for the inconvenience this will cause, but for now everyone will be better off if you just hold on to the plot you have and give us a chance to figure out what the problem really is and get it fixed.
    Woops.. well.. I had to do this last night and it worked like a champ. But the "for sale" flags are back up on my guildplot so I figured it was safe.

And it worked fine. Sold it for 1c to an alt and worked immediately.

Oh sure, Mensar, blow up a good theory just as I get it developed.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Oh sure, Mensar, blow up a good theory just as I get it developed.
    Well the difference is, I only sold it once.. I'm afraid to sell it back now, haha.

Of course, I have to in order for the plot to be in the right guild's name

I'll try to wait as close to Monday as I can.

Thread Information