Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Plot Buying Issues

Default Re: Plot Buying Issues

Umm.... What is Monday?

If you're thinking it will be fixed Monday, this isn't a date you got from me. I haven't given any dates as to when this will be fixed because I don't know when that date will be.

And just so I understand... you sold the "key plot" for the guild community? Is that what you meant by "in the right guild's name"? (So far you're the first one to bug a guild plot, so if it's a key plot, there is information I can use to help ID the problem more specifically.)

I assume he wants to wait until Monday in case it's bugged, so then he won't have to wait long until restart which would hopefully fix it (if it's whacky).

Had actually thought myself it would be worth testing out late on a Monday night if restart would fix any possible lock outs (but then saw you post that we should just hold off).

I got a guild plot that is bugged. It wasn't the main one, but I am having the same issue as the start of the post. The borders don't show up, and it is just all blank when you load the window. I did the trick suggested and got it working so that I could place things, and after I placed the first building, the borders came up around the plot like they were supposed to be. I did send a ticket in for it to be looked at, but figured since there is a thread, I would watch it and give information as needed. FYI, the guild plot that is mine is in North Saritova, at 26690/16210.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Let me add that if someone does still have a problem with their plot, they will need to submit a support ticket. At this point the overall bug is fixed, but specific plots might still need some tweaking.

This bug should not have effected lairs at all, so a bugged lair is suffering from a different issue, and will still need a ticket submitted on it.
    Just transferred Callak's lair to an alt and I'm having the same issues. Submitting a ticket.

* snuffles curiously*
    [Visit The Order Underground]

Umm.... What is Monday?

If you're thinking it will be fixed Monday, this isn't a date you got from me. I haven't given any dates as to when this will be fixed because I don't know when that date will be.

And just so I understand... you sold the "key plot" for the guild community? Is that what you meant by "in the right guild's name"? (So far you're the first one to bug a guild plot, so if it's a key plot, there is information I can use to help ID the problem more specifically.)
    Sorry, V.

Yes, I try to wait until late in the weekend before doing things I can't deal with for a week.. because the server restart fixes most everything, however temporarily.

But....

I just sold the keyplot back to the original alt and it's still not bugged. Granted, we're talking about a guild plot here and I was selling it between two different guilds (one of my alts has defected.. we have a hit out on him... you don't quit the minions.. the minions quit you!). So I don't know if that maybe is the missing link of why I can trade it back and forth for 1c and have it not bug on me. The guild plot is North Saritova and I'm trying to get it ready to open it up for the other guildfolks.

Just throwing that out there to help further narrow down what the issue is.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Just transferred a lair.

Completed structure list displays no structures. Buy/sell was unavailable until I swapped tabs.

I tried to rename the lair to see if the structures would appear, but it didn't work.

Traded lair back to the original owner for 1c. Structure details unavailable.

Traded lair back to purchaser, structure details still unavailable.

I relogged several times during the process, structure details still unavailable.

Unable to plan anything as no structures appear in the build list

Submitting a ticket also.

***EDIT***

Was able to get planning details to come up (went to view community survey, closed that window, then clicked on the planning tab. The structures are all biped structures and there's some really cool stuff in the list--castle stuff, city wall stuff, lighthouse, teleport destination, way cool
    Last edited by Creme; September 23rd, 2008 at 07:41 AM.

Bah...

Transferred a plot (figured if it's whacked out that restart being in the morning there's a good chance it will fix itself).

Well, it's whacked out.

No completed structures appear, no construction details appear. Did a 1c transfer between players directly and no go.

Renamed it and still no completed structures and no construction details.

Will see if restart fixes it, if not, I'll put in a ticket on it.

Transferred another plot. It's pretty much exactly as described by other players.

No structures appear in the list (completed or construction). If you open the structure by clicking on it, as long as it's not a storage structure, it will populate the completed structure list.

The same goes for structures under completion. They will appear on the construction tab if you manually double click on it.

No permissions are able to be set on any storage structures.

***EDIT***

Relogged and the structures that had been added to the lists manually by double clicking no longer appear.

On a completely separate note, the blighted elven bank and blighted elven store look very interesting, but why blighted?
    Last edited by Creme; September 23rd, 2008 at 09:17 AM.

Here's what I don't get, Creme....

I've stated, on this very thread, that we KNOW there's a bug with selling plots between characters. I've asked that people refrain from doing it because we know what will happen. So why do it?

It's like that joke about someone going to the doctor and saying "Doctor, doctor, it hurts when I do this", and the doctor says "Well don't do that."

Again I'm going to ask everyone who reads the forums here... Please do not sell your plot between characters until we have fixed this bug. We know it's going to cause problems with the plot window. We are working on a fix and hope to have one soon, but in the mean time please stop making more work for me by doing something that you know is going to break your plot and then asking me to manually fix it.

Ohh we can ask for it to manually be fixed? Hmm tickets I submitted didn't get manually fixed, was just told to wait til its fixed. Knew I should of dropped a few silver pieces in with tickets.

Smaug

No, that's my point. I can't manually fix it. So while you can ask, the answer is going to be that we'll get a fix on live as soon as possible, but there's nothing that can be done in the mean time.

No, that's my point. I can't manually fix it. So while you can ask, the answer is going to be that we'll get a fix on live as soon as possible, but there's nothing that can be done in the mean time.

Just teasing Velea, something to do while waiting for maintenance to end

Smaug

Quote Originally Posted by Velea
    Here's what I don't get, Creme....

I've stated, on this very thread, that we KNOW there's a bug with selling plots between characters. I've asked that people refrain from doing it because we know what will happen. So why do it?
    Why? Because of restart. I had plot/lair shuffling to do and waited until right before restart since it seemed to be consistent that it "corrected" the details problems with the plots. I've been holding off on doing it for weeks. Besides, it worked fine for Mensar

And yes, it had to be 3 transfers because of juggling between subs.

***EDIT***

Still have a bit more juggling around so before next restart I'll be doing the same thing.

One of the things we did during yesterday's maintenance was apply a fix that I think fixes issues people were having with buying plots/swapping them between alts.

A side effect of this fix was that public crafting machines were "de-activated", as is reported on another thread. Players should be able to reactivate these machines without a GM having to do so, so if you come across a crafting structure with no machines at it, please try to activate it before submitting a ticket.

If you sell/trade a plot between characters and the Plot Information window does not come up properly, please let us know by submitting a support ticket. The issue with having to change tabs sometimes before you can set permissions or activate the Buy/Sell tab still does exist, but as a general rule plot buying/selling we believe is back to working the way it did before this last set of deltas was applied.

Thanks for your patience and help with tracking this bug.

Traded the lair back and no structures appear on the completed structure list. Updating my ticket on it.

Still not being able to click (highlight) on the already built fencing nor the Dwarven Blacksmith on one of the plots in Carmo on Order. I'll update my ticket.

I did find a work-around though if you wish to demolish a structure without clicking on it. Pull it up on the Completed Structures list in the plotmarker window; highlight it in the list; and then click on the trashcan in the lower left of the window. It will remove the structure and put the novians in your vault.
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

I'm having the same issues others were having before still. I can get the structures to load within my lair and access the sotrage, but I can't plan anything and none of the built structures show up in the plot window. Renaming doesn't help, either.

Thread Information