Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Dragon lairs - prices

Default Dragon lairs - prices

Went back to my lair to put in a few murals and noticed that the price had climbed rather steeply to over 3g selling price.

After a brief discussion in dragon - it was decided that it's proximity to the dralk portal must be why it has gone up so much.

My question here is what now is the range of prices on lairs. Obviously 3.2g is too steep for a new player to come up with, so what are the cheaper ones worth?

Interestingly, 3.2g is actually a devaluation since I paid over 30g for it originally at auction

Default Re: Dragon lairs - prices

cheapest one I saw is around 750 silver. I haven't explored much though.

625s near Spire's

I imagine some of the ones on the far side of Drakul are very cheap.

I did a quick recon on blight shortly after the delta was applied and most of the lairs I saw went anywhere from 2x to 10x as expensive. It seems the closer they are to a town, the more they are (the 10x were more prevalent here).. plus the closer they are to a portal/pad combo the price climbs subtlely also. The lair I want to buy in sandstone bluff tripled in price and it's nowhere near a pad.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    I did a quick recon on blight shortly after the delta was applied and most of the lairs I saw went anywhere from 2x to 10x as expensive. It seems the closer they are to a town, the more they are (the 10x were more prevalent here).. plus the closer they are to a portal/pad combo the price climbs subtlely also. The lair I want to buy in sandstone bluff tripled in price and it's nowhere near a pad.
    Yay I'm gonna have neighbours :P

My little lair, in Outreach, went from 518 silver to 732 silver, which is okay. It's in a 4 plot "town" without an entry pad (or portal) near Bridgeview which may have those.

I don't understand the pricing myself as I'd think the more desireable lair plots would be near resources or larger communities. The resources to make rooms of that tier. Communities to divide the machines and storages. With all these cargo discs that allow portalling, the entry pad is a nice convenience and is part of the pricing (I guess).

However, there are certainly other factors, such as view. Certain areas of Istaria have had "love" like Mia's Edge and the "Dryad" trees near Istarias Union. One lair in particular has an awesome setting. Also proximity of varied resources (like some mixed areas near Dralk) and monsters.

It'd be interesting to compare this "revalued" set with auction pricing to see what the players deem is lair (or plot) value.
    Jaraiden -- Adult dragon, life mate of Shadowwalker, bonded 7/31/04 (Dawn --> Order)
    Adult 73/82 | hatchling 56/65 (70.8 days) [3/9/04 to 3/4/05, 4/12/06 to 4/13/07, Current]

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is incomplete. -- 3. Add to complement lore.

I could not believe (but there IS a portal in Harro over the ridge) the price of the lair where Fafnir and his glowing green buddies routinely run in front of.

Here you have a lair that is only 96 by 96 by 216 deep, has an epic mob that runs in front of it, his buddies run in front of it, and not close to a portal, unless you can fly up and over the ridge or "yank" your disk through the rock.

it is 5g 625sp
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Harro is the best single portal in the game. It leads very nearly everywhere. This lair is near that portal "As the crow flies" unfortunatly.

glad i got my lair when it was 400 or so silver.

is this base price without anything built?

because if is I might find it a little irritating that the base price I got from my old unity lair, on import, would no longer cover the base price for the same lair now, when there was basically no opportunity to buy anything similar.

price being higher because things are built on it, or inflated due to auction is fine, but if base price has changed would feel a bit like someone having sneaking in and running off with chunk your horde
    Anril Firestorm 83 Dragon/100 Dragon Craft/37 Lairshaping Anrill FireBlade Human "Jack of All Trades" (in Training)

Quote Originally Posted by fireblade View Post
    is this base price without anything built?

because if is I might find it a little irritating that the base price I got from my old unity lair, on import, would no longer cover the base price for the same lair now, when there was basically no opportunity to buy anything similar.
    Yes, sad, but it's true in your case fireblade.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    My question here is what now is the range of prices on lairs. Obviously 3.2g is too steep for a new player to come up with, so what are the cheaper ones worth?

Interestingly, 3.2g is actually a devaluation since I paid over 30g for it originally at auction
    Is the main concern really about new player equality with plot purchasing or the inflation of the plot prices and the depreciation of real estate investment. Is it financial or moral.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    Obviously 3.2g is too steep for a new player to come up with...
    Not really. Anyone can come up with 3.2G by getting it from older players with the cash to spend. I'm sure there's more than a few players on both servers always willing to pay cashy money for select resources.

Heck, I've thrown out ridiculous offers over market channel with no takers for fours days.

In order to clarify some confusion about the recent plot purchase, I will quote from our Delta 148 & 149 release.

CHANGE: Plot and lair prices across Istaria have been reassessed and standardized. New prices reflect not only the size of the plot, but the distance from the plot to the nearest portal. This will effect the base price for auctions as well as when a player buys a plot directly from the community.
    We did change the prices in an attempt to make the prices make sense, but still have the majority of plots and lairs affordable to our player base.
    Last edited by Amarie Ancalimon; September 15th, 2008 at 06:23 PM.

well if the new price on what was my old lair on unity is right, I've effectively lost 4g and with time I have available have basically no chance of even reaching base price for let alone any inflation from auctions

price has jumped from 518s to 4g 680s
    Anril Firestorm 83 Dragon/100 Dragon Craft/37 Lairshaping Anrill FireBlade Human "Jack of All Trades" (in Training)

it is 5g 625sp
    Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    Harro is the best single portal in the game. It leads very nearly everywhere. This lair is near that portal "As the crow flies" unfortunatly.
    Mmmm that still seems a bit high if we're using the "closeness to portals" or even "major cities"...

Cuz my Chiconis portal lair (literally, RIGHT there, right behind the chic shrine - possibly difficult (rare) if not impossible that any lair is closer to a portal than mine is..)

The cost is over 4 gold, 4 gold and a few hund'er silver (but not near five gold).

So ...still not sure why a bit farther away from Harro Portal lair, with mobs and an elite in front if it - cost more than the lair off the back door of the chic portal .

Either way dont matter - this lair will be given up when I cancel my sub...one day...or the game shuts down. Whichever comes first .

Just thought it an "odd trend" if there is indeed trends..
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Chic only leads to other major cities though. Not every settlement and a few guild plots even. I tell you what, if the pad was closer to the portal, aside from living in Bris, Harro would be a very popular spot to live.

Hey it also leads to Tandalar...

But yea Harro's always been popular...though if we talk too much about the portal I can see it getting nerfed to be more in line with all the other town portals..*looks around quietly*
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by whosha View Post
    Is the main concern really about new player equality with plot purchasing or the inflation of the plot prices and the depreciation of real estate investment. Is it financial or moral.
    Yeah, you got me.

Dragon real estate speculation is actually one of my pastimes .. I'm waiting until we have a large enough market until I can start selling ValGold (tm) and ValLairs (tm) for real money on Ebay.

"idiocy should be illegal".

Thread Information