Thread: Completely irrational rantishkabob!

Default Completely irrational rantishkabob!

I was browsing at my equipment just before and decided to make myself a niiiiiice new claw, I thought, a socketed jade claw and was surely: OMGWTFWHY?

Cedar board? Cedar board for a claw? o.o 1) Why the cheese do you make a weapon out of wood when you're in the ages of steel and beyond, and 2) Why why why a biped-crafty-only-thing-to-make-dragon-stuff? I don't mean to make another biped vs Dragon thread or generally throw completely stupid and irrational rants to the wind but WHY?

So much for it being a solo-able game when you have to have both a high level dragon and the support of a high level biped in order to actually be able to make completely dragon equipment! I could easilly shrug off the food thing which is unfair from the word go but this is getting stupid now.

I'll say it again just to be completely ranty.

WHY?

Okay, now that that's off my shoes I guess I'll just go buy some cedar board. And if there isn't any on sale I guess I'll train my biped into the level 60-70 craft so I can make some. And if I can't be arsed to spend the hours doing that I'll just do the totally peacable thing and not use the socketed tech.

I am caaaaaaaaaaaaalm. *meditates*

Default Re: Completely irrational rantishkabob!

The cedar board is needed because dragons had not before weapon sockets or even claws. The tech was always like that and required boards. Sadly the devs didnt change that as they introduced claws and the techs.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel
    Cedar board? Cedar board for a claw? o.o 1) Why the cheese do you make a weapon out of wood when you're in the ages of steel and beyond, and 2) Why why why a biped-crafty-only-thing-to-make-dragon-stuff? I don't mean to make another biped vs Dragon thread or generally throw completely stupid and irrational rants to the wind but WHY?

So much for it being a solo-able game when you have to have both a high level dragon and the support of a high level biped in order to actually be able to make completely dragon equipment! I could easilly shrug off the food thing which is unfair from the word go but this is getting stupid now.
    Maybe they should just remove the ability to socket claws

In all seriousness, you can loot cedar boards. It would be faster than trying to level up a biped craft class on your dragon.

Try blighted mobs; they LOVE dropping resources, both processed and unprocessed. I recommend the observatory for that tier of loot.

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    ....I'll train my biped into the level 60-70 craft so I can make some.
    Just as a side note, Cedar boards are T1. You can do Cedar boards as Level 1 in some craft schools. Also, there are often Cedar boards on the Bristugo connie (on Chaos) and very often on the New Trismus connie.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Try blighted mobs; they LOVE dropping resources, both processed and unprocessed. I recommend the observatory for that tier of loot.
    Just as a side note, Cedar boards are T1. You can do Cedar boards as Level 1 in some craft schools.
    Wha? Really? Well that certainly does improve my mood! Thanks guys.

But still, I don't think dragon equips should need stuff no dragon can make. Food's fine and all that, but equips? Nuh-uh.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

i hear ya, gald and i sympathise! however, as the saying goes, what we cannot cure we must endure!

do you have a guild? i keep my silos at the palace filled with most tier basic resources (except gems and orbs) - just for quick techs and builds. perhaps a guildie would be happy to supply a few cedar boards for you?
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Galdethriel View Post
    Wha? Really? Well that certainly does improve my mood! Thanks guys.

But still, I don't think dragon equips should need stuff no dragon can make. Food's fine and all that, but equips? Nuh-uh.
    Actually for stuff like this where the required resources is less than 20, I enjoy going out to loot em. Think of 'em as comps for a stubborn, hard headed lunus that would rather eat the biped than ask them to make him a board.

Starlight still needs a few blighted logs, so I've been running out to the ghosts under the observetory to slaughter to see if they will drop any -and keeping an eye out for a hoard tome for myself, mind you. These creatures also drop regular cedar boards, bark, logs and a whole ton of other goodies.

Nearly any resource in the game can be looted, you just need to know where to go look.

I've played a dragon since the birth of horizons. Dragons were far less self sufficient then. We couldnt fly, had no gold rage etc. We didnt have claws (as equipment) either....

Socketing techs are universal.

Take it or leave it, I think they are plenty reasonable on resources. They are comps like anythign else, no one can make comps. if the comps are too hard to get, clearly the tech isnt needed very badly.

Claws dont *have* to be socketed.

They dont even have to be teched.

its not like every biped can make glass vials, wood boards, cut gems etc. That requires a new craft school, each one in fact.

It shouldnt be so much botehr to ask for help. if you are doing it for RP reasons, (not asking for help) RP through the challenege of not being able to socket.

I might sound like an old geezer, but every day I hear some new injustice thrust upon dragons. I've played them for a very long time and I haven't felt I was done an injustice aside from linking breaths. Btw that is still a change that makes sense so I don't complain over much about it.
    Ignem Infernum - Abi in malum rem.
    Ixatchitxl the Defiler - Fafnir who? I was here first!
    Think! Its not illegal...yet.
    Adventuring: aka Genocide, Graverobbing, and Temple Desecration.

Quote Originally Posted by Creme View Post
    Maybe they should just remove the ability to socket claws

In all seriousness, you can loot cedar boards. It would be faster than trying to level up a biped craft class on your dragon.

I don't recall ever being able to loot refined materials, except blighted ones, and never recall seeing /boards/. Also, I don't think Dragons can use the blighted board and bark processing forms to convert blighted to unblighted, either. Been a while, though.
    Erus Ex Universitas -- Erus Ex Istaria Guild Home

1. Fix what is broken. -- 2. Finish what is not complete. -- 3. Start something new.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

boards are easily looted from the respective treant - cedar treants in kion, for instance, drop tons of boards.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by Pharcellus
    I don't recall ever being able to loot refined materials, except blighted ones, and never recall seeing /boards/. Also, I don't think Dragons can use the blighted board and bark processing forms to convert blighted to unblighted, either. Been a while, though.
    Screenshot attached with elm boards in the loot window. These guys drop T1 & T2 resources, processed, unprocessed, blighted and normal.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    boards are easily looted from the respective treant - cedar treants in kion, for instance, drop tons of boards.
    Unless something's changed recently, no, they only drop logs.
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

But you can still bring the logs to a biped and say "Here is the friggin wood, make me some boards or I eat you!" Well.. the or can be always replaced with and...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Can always slaughter creatures until you loot a longbow, the tear it to shreds in spite.. and get your wood.

Thread Information