Thread: Mouse Over Object Glow ...

Arrow Mouse Over Object Glow ...

... won't work on my current PC. Sony VAIO Media Center Edition, Running Windows XP Pro, Vid Card is ATI Radeon X1300 or some such.

Didn't work on my last PC, or the one before that, or on my HP Pavillion laptop.

I know this feature works for some people, and it worked back when the game was new on my first PC desktop.

What's the variable here? ATI chipsets incompatible with this feature or what?

The vid card is way newer than the Horizons Code, I'd warrant. Any chance the Devs would look to upgrade this feature. I loved it, and would like to have this feature active.

Thx
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Default Re: Mouse Over Object Glow ...

I know that if you have a certain setting too low it won't glow. (I forget which and can't try to find it as I don't play. Just saying that I remember a setting that removed stuff like that.)

Quote Originally Posted by Kumu Honua View Post
    I know that if you have a certain setting too low it won't glow. (I forget which and can't try to find it as I don't play. Just saying that I remember a setting that removed stuff like that.)

you should! istaria has gone too long without the cowdragon.

and there is an option in the settings window so you can turn it off. i think it is either under 'video', or the last tab to the right. most likely named 'options' i think.

Quote Originally Posted by Romirez
    and there is an option in the settings window so you can turn it off. i think it is either under 'video', or the last tab to the right. most likely named 'options' i think.
    What???

Quote Originally Posted by Weston
    ... won't work on my current PC. Sony VAIO Media Center Edition, Running Windows XP Pro, Vid Card is ATI Radeon X1300 or some such.

Didn't work on my last PC, or the one before that, or on my HP Pavillion laptop.

I know this feature works for some people, and it worked back when the game was new on my first PC desktop.
    Let me make this clear. I've been around since 2004. I know where the options menu is. I know what's in there... the point is: MouseOver Glow DOESN'T work, and I WANT it to. I don't want to turn it off. When the little box is CHECKED, I want it ON. But it isn't.... and hasn't been on the last three PCs I've owned, as my post indicates.

Could we have some help here??? lol...
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

I have to have my setting on insane grapigs/textures to work
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    I have to have my setting on insane grapigs/textures to work
    Okay... how about my settings?

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/pilgrim/.../Pix/SS_03.png

See anything that needs to be changed?

I remember when this feature was first put in. I'm sure it was on a thread somewhere here, but I can't find it.. maybe it was on the Tazoon boards, but if I remember correctly it was a Nvidia specific thing.

I used a ATI video card, a 9600xt, from back in 2004 until early this year when I upgraded to an old Nvidia 6800GT. With the Nvidia card I get the glow at default settings, and I don't think it matters how high the graphic detail is.

Quote Originally Posted by Vortura View Post
    I remember when this feature was first put in. I'm sure it was on a thread somewhere here, but I can't find it.. maybe it was on the Tazoon boards, but if I remember correctly it was a Nvidia specific thing.

I used a ATI video card, a 9600xt, from back in 2004 until early this year when I upgraded to an old Nvidia 6800GT. With the Nvidia card I get the glow at default settings, and I don't think it matters how high the graphic detail is.
    Can a Dev verify this? Amon? Some knowledgeable feedback would be welcome. Thx...

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Weston, could you show us your options tab as well, please?
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

Quote Originally Posted by C`gan View Post
    Weston, could you show us your options tab as well, please?
    Absolutely.

http://incolor.inetnebr.com/pilgrim/.../Pix/SS_04.png

The window is not resizeable. I assumed the settings in the top portion of the window is not what you were after. ;p

Thread Information