Thread: Wilderness Plots

Hybrid View

Default Wilderness Plots

Now I know we are in the middle of the huge changes involved with plot reclaimation, resizing, and auction...so this idea I just had is for thought and if possible, implimentation at a much later date...

There is a LOT of unused land out there...no mobs or any other reason to visit said area. Istaria is a land of opportunity, where people explore to see waht they can find. So my thought is...

Lightly sprinkle some of these wide open areas with Large Plots (Thinking nothing less than 100x100). Maybe think of them as land claims, or a frontier expansion...where hardcore players/crafters could build what may eventually become the center of a new town. Someplace away from the beaten path, a refuge from the Aegis...secret hideaways where the Gifted can quietly grow in numbers and strength as the war continues.

These plots, while large, would obviously be a good distance away from towns and communities, with no nearby gates or portals. They may or maynot have roads leading to them. They are stand-alone plots...belonging to no community...or a community of one...with no other wilderness plot nearby. Where once built up and as population grows and the Gifted expand outwards, these single plots could eventually lead to further development (Dev's putting in more plots around the "key" plot) and as the budding community develops...possibly leading to more plots, a road and or maybe an arrival pad.

As I've written this...makes me think of how most all civilizations and nations expanded...someone finds a nice place...builds...others follow behind...sometimes you get a thriving city, other times a ghost town.

Just a thought I had...
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Wilderness Plots

Lairs are included in this idea too...there are several places where a large lair could be placed.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Wilderness Plots

ooo fun idea, I second it o/
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

I like this idea very much
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Very nice idea
    - pictures herself at a lonely plot at the edge of the woods ...

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I can see lairs (they do this in most of the unused area around most cities already where there's either a mountain or at least some jutting rock nearby) out and away from roads and cities, portals, etc.

But bipeds have that unhandy running thing they have to do.. and more often than not carrying a disk. I really like the idea, but I'm not sure they'll buy into it because of the slow hiking they'd have to do from the nearest pad. But if the size of the plot is worth it.. build it and they will come!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Thread Information