Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Questions about Customizable Gear

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: Questions about Customizable Gear

okay have an offer from someone with a better graphics card and no fears about losing connection to istaria if a setting is changed to take the screenies for me.........i will work hard at making the needed arrangements to get the best shots possible.

if i do not strain anyone's patience, i will redo all three alts - but if you had to choose, lo, which alts NEED to have a new pic done? just vel or everyone?
    personally, i see the point about vel needing crispness, but i am thinking that mw and snake are okay? (altho snake much prefers the shot of him waving the maul rather than presenting it, but he agrees he much better like the closeness of the presenting one and the way you can see his eyes and face better....)
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I'd say Vel and Snake need the shots more than MW, but if you can get a better shot of him, go for it.

The 'present' emote is fine if you want to use it. Maybe try eating something or using an item as well, just to see if you get an interesting pose or something that triggers the "attack" animation.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Great moon draggie shot - I was thinking of possibly doing something similiar but with the Halloween night and moon...we'll see .

So..many...options...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

nambroth has graciously taken time from her day and has taken many shots of all three alts in various poses and such. she is looking thru them and sending the ones she thinks are the best, then i will be making the final cut and submission.
    so far, tho, we have a decision about vel's pose - we both like both the lick emote (nam sez it looks like vel is checking to see if she is having a smelly day.....) and the twirl emote (nam sez vel looks very proud!)......
    played with mw as well, so his pose may change as well!!

will post the final thoughts here for opinions.......

ah the edit timer - the curse of posters!

there were 4 contenders, but as soon as i saw this one, i knew we had a winner! nambroth provided the cap, and while i like it, i am still going with the 'reine du fromage of blight' as the finished product. otherwise, all the glory and acclaim belong to nambroth as the photographer of this photo!

(if anyone is interested, for research sake -totally not because i am vain and attention whorish - i would be happy to post the runners up....)
    Last edited by velveeta; October 1st, 2008 at 07:40 PM.

lol hilarous! I love it!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Oh my! I only sent that as an afterthought, to be silly!

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

How about keeping "The Queen Provides..." and adding "Velveeta, Reine du Fromage de Blight" under her?

By the way, I think this one hits the mark on technical requirements for being usable. Might need to tweak some small things with the shield, but it should work.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

okay here is my choice for snake eyes - he has the final say, but i am lobbying hard for this one:

can't decide if i like one or any of these for mw, so i leave it to popular vote....
    choice 1:

choice 2:

choice 3:

or the 3rd draft from the previous post.

once again, nambroth is the artiste behind these awesome shots!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    How about keeping "The Queen Provides..." and adding "Velveeta, Reine du Fromage de Blight" under her?

By the way, I think this one hits the mark on technical requirements for being usable. Might need to tweak some small things with the shield, but it should work.
    oooo that's a great idea, lo!! sounds like the final product for vel has been established! will submit it in a ticket with all my vague specifications soonest!

I like your choice #1. Looks like a giggling hatchie to me
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

I like #3... looks like the hatchling's trying to catch something burrowing under the snow :-)

Yea I vote for #3, #1 the eyes all wierd looking cuz its closed...kinda looks like its missing..

Action shots are always FTW .

And back to moon and draggie shots - laying awake last night I was coming up with slogans for such a shot (esp. if I go with something more like the halloween/orange/harvest moon) (the idea would be words at the top, and then underneath the picture)

Moon Rise...as dragons fly..
    Nights Alive...when dragon flies (or dragons fly)
    The Moon Calls...for dragons all

still trying to think of more...
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Oooh, I'm debating between the Lunus mural and making my own design... I do need a new hoodie, as it's getting chilly out. <3 I think I'll mess with this when I get home - I want something quite Istarian, so when people ask me 'what is that?' I can tell them and playfully badger them to join me. XP

Sephiranoth's flying in the moon is really pretty! I took some shots like that with Hrough recently - there's just something about a dragon in the moonlight that looks really nice.

Now to figure out which pose I want for Hrough if I do him. XP

lo - am i to assume that no news is good news? should i go ahead and purchase the merch tokens, assuming that no reply to my last group of evals means they are okay?

thanx for any info!

I did respond to your emails, but just in case...

Yes, go for it. You'll need a new ticket with the token for each image (for tracking purposes), and please attach each image, with the details of what you want on it, to its own ticket.

Meanwhile...

"Hatchee cutenez. I haz a bunches uv its."
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

heehee just finished submitting my 3 orders!!

now, a noob question - does one order the tees from cafepress? i did not see any instructions about ordering the actual tees - i presume from the cafepress website that the custom pix will be created first, then become available on cafepress?

in that case, you posers need to remember there is only one vel!!!

(just kidding, everyone - if you feel the need to buy a velveeta tee, far be it from me to stop you!! )

Each design will have a seperate section and you can pick out what items you want to order.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Just added:

MourningWood
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos

Nice.

Not a shabby tee, either.
    <----clicky!

just in time too!! as soon as the other two are ready, we will be ready to get them!! can't wait to get the shirts!!

so can anyone who has gotten a shirt already let me know if they 'run small' or shrink in the wash? thanx!

Thread Information