Thread: Sacred 2

Default Sacred 2

Since we seem to have a few ARPG fans here, plus it's kinda my job as a moderator for the official forum, I figured I'd pop in and let you all know that the beta NDA for certain people has been lifted for Sacred 2, and I'm one of those lucky ones who has been playing it since June!

Those of you who haven't played/heard of Sacred, it's in the vein of Diablo, with a large, persistant world, a huge array of items and mobs, and a fairly unique 'rune' system that is used to acquire your spells from drops.

Sacred 2 is the prequel, set 2000 years before Sacred, and still holds many of the same elements, with improvements! (yay). I could sit here and write a whole preview (which I probably will at some point ) but I figured that rather than do that right now, I'd just let you all know I can talk about it (with some limitations still) and so if you want to know anything, ask away!

And yes, if you enjoyed the first one/Diablo/similar games, it will be very worth getting

www.sacred2.com if you wish to have a little nosy
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

Default Re: Sacred 2

I'm very excited to go and play this with my friends, whats the main sellingpoints for the multiplayer game? Can you give me (us) a few words on that ^_^
    17-10-2008 I'm getting my copy :-)
    Royall on Order / Royal_wind_unity, Royall on Chaos
    Dinsdag on EU-Evernight (LOTRO)

Gah don't ask about MP, that's the one part I haven't personally tested yet! hehe

However from chatting to the other testers, MP is going to be amazing. I don't know if you ever played the first one, but it will basically be like that, but improved. In other words, you have the same persistant world that you do in singleplayer (and the thing is, with singleplayer you can actually have drop in/drop out multiplayer if you so desire!), you can complete the main quest, you can complete the side quests, you can just run around and kill anything you like, going anywhere you want (there may be the odd blockade due to main quest restrictions, not too certain about that.

There is Hardcore mode (where if you die, you gotta start a new toon), there is also PvP mode, which I will steer clear of but I know they've been doing a lot of balancing to try to avoid the whole "one hit kill" at higher levels. Of course, it will never be Guild Wars standard PvP but should be fun regardless.

The servers are pretty stable as well, and can support at least 16 in a server, possibly more (forgive me, I forget but I'll take a look in the manual and let you know). Only problem at the mo is that for the first month or so, US and European servers will be seperate (as publishers are helping them pay the 43,000 euros a month!! it will cost for each server), but then after they've monitored lag etc they'll try to merge them so we can all play together again. That only applies to Closed though (no hacks), if you want to play Open your pc will act as the server and you can play with anyone I believe.

Oh and one wonderful little addition: shared stash! Our stash now has a second compartment that all your characters can access, to help with muling runes, items and money down to lower level chars, or if you find a great High Elf item on your Inquisitor, you can pass it straight over without having to find a willing helper

Hope that helps you somewhat, any other questions?
    Shadria: Hatchling 22/24/0 - Intorqueo: Hatchling 5/3/0 - Affina: Saris - Pevil: Ancient Lunus 100/100/57 - Zordraak: Hatchling 5/3/0

I recently reinstalled the first one and am replaying it. Still a great game, which I never finished. I am looking forward to the second one, adding it to my list that includes Fallout 3.

Wonder if I'll get back to Istaria sometime soon
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

heh yeah I'm wondering that very same thing Arietna... just in case people didn't guess, S2 beta testing is why I've been absent from the skies for a while.

pretty sure, that Flame and me will be there asap.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LOVWYRM View Post
    pretty sure, that Flame and me will be there asap.
    My peace-loving wyrm is a hack and slay mass dragon killer in sacred?!?!

my world just broke apart....

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

uhh- it`s something from my -uhhm dark past-uhh-hmmpf

well - most of the time it`s Flame who played it..^^
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

haha would be good to see you guys there Lov and Flame!

Don't worry Tak... one of the dragons slaughtered me last night :P Big undead beastie... the dragons look great this time around (well they did anyway but shush)

i have seen it, my brother in law is playing it, and he said it was way better than diablos, it was meant to be that way for game should had been.
    it does look like and feel like same.
    it kind of upgrades to me.

Glad your brother in law likes it! If anyone wants to give it a go, there is a demo available now (http://www.gamershell.com/download_33516.shtml) that lets you play as the Seraphim I believe (haven't bothered with it myself for obvious reasons )

Thread Information