Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Skill From Crafting Machines...

Default Skill From Crafting Machines...

I don't know how much this applies to bipeds or not... I've only really ever encountered this problem when crafting flying cargo disks, and I have no idea whether bipeds might have this issue. If they do, then all the more reason for this to be addressed.

I was making a t5 dragon disk for a friend today. No big deal, right? We got the resources together and I went to craft everything, crafting scales equipped. The first thing I realize is that I'm about 40 essence shaping short for crafting the azulyte at optimum. No biggie, I head to my lair to use my t5 crystal shaper there. But the crystal shaper doesn't give Essence Shaping skill. What's the point of making a really nice machine if it doesn't do what it should?

So I ask my friend to gather more dark azulyte because I was 6 short. Then I change to my stoneworking scales to make the imbued bars... but guess what? The Stoneworking Pedestal doesn't give Stoneworking skill. So now we need more marble bricks, too.

Why am I making this post? Because is makes no sense to me to make a player go to a machine to craft something but not grant them the skill they need when crafting. The only logical exception I can think of is when a dragon uses an anvil to make scales. But when a formula NEEDS a certain machine, that certain machine should grant bonus skill. Makes perfect sense, and saves a TON of headache.
    <----clicky!

Default Re: Skill From Crafting Machines...

Quote Originally Posted by Favoran View Post
    The Stoneworking Pedestal doesn't give Stoneworking skill. So now we need more marble bricks, to.
    Was this a Beginner, Jman, or Expert shop? or a Stoneworking Shed in the field?

If it isn't a player built shop, it doesn't give any bonuses.
    If it's a player built Beginner, Jman, or Expert shop, that may be a bug. I got the Stoneworking bonus with an Expert shop when I was working slate.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

Note that dragons do not get bonuses for crafting at structures on biped plots.

Really?!?! I thought for sure that I got Stoneworking bonus when I was working slate. I guess I'm mistaken.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard

Velea, may i ask why that is, seems kinda odd, shops are superior machines, doesnt make much sense to me that one race is excluded from a bonus thats due to a superior machine. I might be wrong but bipeds do get bonuses from a dragon smelter dont they.

Actually, What the original poster said is true. You dont get Essence shaping (an essence channeler skill) at a crystal shaper, and you dont get the boost for making bricks (normally would do this at a stone cutter) at the stoneworking desk. Those machines just dont provide those bonuses for those applys.

The easiest fix, if it indeed is a design flaw, is to move the imbued brick creation to a stonecutter and the energised azulyte creation to the essence channeler. That or you would need to add essence channeling to the crystal shaper (seems like a real odd thing to do), or change energised azulye to crystalshaping skill.

On the imbued brick side, I only think the dragon stoneworking tabe gives lairshaping and spellcraft bonuses... and not... oddly for a stoneworking table.. stoneworking bonus. Easiest thing then would be to add stoneworking bonus to the table or move the machine required to the stonecutter.

Soraii

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Actually, from what I have seen, if it's not a specialty machine biped or dragon will elict the bonus from it weather it is a dragon machine or a biped machine, eg an essence shaper/scholors desk/smelter/stonecutter/stoneworking desk is a essence shaper/scholors desk/smelter/stonecutter/stoneworking desk no matter who made it, unless it's a special dragon or biped only form(lairshaping for example on the dragon side)... your will get the bonus. Obviouly the biped machines dont contain lairshaping or scalecraft bonuses, but they do contain the smelting and stoneworking bonuses as is the opposite true for dragon machines.

You could completly wipe that and make bonuses extreamly specific, but That would likey not help foster helpfullness beteen us.

Soraii

Quote Originally Posted by GalemThawn View Post
    Was this a Beginner, Jman, or Expert shop? or a Stoneworking Shed in the field?

If it isn't a player built shop, it doesn't give any bonuses.
    If it's a player built Beginner, Jman, or Expert shop, that may be a bug. I got the Stoneworking bonus with an Expert shop when I was working slate.
    Notice I said I went to my lair to craft. That should answer your questions quite nicely.

They do grant bonuses. The only time dragons don't get a bonus from using a biped machine is if it's an anvil and they're making scales. Otherwise, beginner/jman/expert shops give experience like normal. They even give lairshaping bonuses, I think.
    <----clicky!

They even give lairshaping bonuses, I think.
    Nope, no lairshaping bonus. I have seen that specifically making maels for a lair at my friends plot

Soraii

Is there a list of what works and what dosen't?

Basic resources get bonuses at any station for any race.
    Lairshaping bonus is only given at a dragon machine
    Dragons can make scales at an anvil, but do not get the bonus
    Bipeds cannot make armor at a scaleforge
    Secondary resources for dragon tinkering do not get bonuses at dragon machines

Do secondary lairshaping resources get bonus at a biped machine? (cast stone)
    How about what things bipeds can make at a dragon machine?

I'll check about cast stones, Shian. I was thinking over all the lairshaping resources and I couldn't remember any in particular that might have a problem... guess I forgot about those.

And I could have sworn that lairshaping resources got bonuses from biped machines... Maybe I got confused cause I made a ton of lodestones but not maels. *shrug*
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post
    With my experiance it seems to go on the skill required to make the item, if it's the smelting or stoneworking skill it will work anywhere, which is what the secondary resources use. It seems to be more of a x machine has y skill bonuses on it.

EG.. Crystalshaper has Crystalshaping and Lairshaping bonuses on it but not Essence shaping bonus.

Dragon stoneworking table apparently Has Lairshaping and Spellcraft bonuses on it (spell shards) but oddly not the stoneworking bonus that's built in the stone cutter

A Dragon Smelter would have Smelting and Lairshaping on it

A Dragon Scaleforge would have Scalecraft on it

A Human anvil would have bonuses for whatever skills they need an anvil for

A Human smelter would have smelting and anything a human would need... but not lairshaping

You basically have overlapping skillsets on dragon and human machines allowing where they overlap for us to use each others machine. Apart from making say dragon and human smelting a completly different skill for example the overlap will be there.

There will never be a lairshaping bonus on a ped machine sadly, but as us and them both use smelting and stoneworking... we will see bonuses unless the powers that be deem this unacceptable and remove our ability to use the more prevalent ped built machines.

Soraii

Notice I said I went to my lair to craft. That should answer your questions quite nicely.
    Wow, you did say that.
    Even after you pointed it out, I had to read it again twice to find where you said it.

Yet bipeds get bonuses from using dragon machines in lairs. Sounds like this needs to be reciprocal (as in they both should get the bonus) and when are we going to start letting bipeds use the scaleforge as a forge? That's a long time overdue also
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Quote Originally Posted by Shian View Post

Basic resources get bonuses at any station for any race.
    Lairshaping bonus is only given at a dragon machine
    Dragons can make scales at an anvil, but do not get the bonus
    Bipeds cannot make armor at a scaleforge
    Secondary resources for dragon tinkering do not get bonuses at dragon machines

Let's just simplify it and increase the community.

If you can make it on a machine, it should get the tiered bonus.

That's pretty simple.

Quote Originally Posted by Mensar View Post
    If you can make it on a machine, it should get the tiered bonus.
    Yes, exactly.

It'd be the most convenient way to have things work, and it just makes the most sense.
    <----clicky!

Yet bipeds get bonuses from using dragon machines in lairs. Sounds like this needs to be reciprocal (as in they both should get the bonus) and when are we going to start letting bipeds use the scaleforge as a forge? That's a long time overdue also
    Well it is recipricated, all our overlapping skills are boosted by their machines, go up to a smelter and open up anything labled as requiring a smelter and using the smelting skill(lodestone yes, maelstone no... lodestone uses the smelting skill maelstone uses the lairshaping skill which peds dont have) go up to a stonecutter and open any form requiring a stonecutter and stoneworking skill.

The only thing not reciprocated between ped and dragon machines is ped and dragon SPECIFIC skills if it's a skill a dragon doesnt get it wont be boosted by a dragon machine likewise if it's a skill that a ped doesnt get it wont be boosted by a ped machine.

Once again, it's only racially specific skills not reciprocated in the other races machines. Try it out.

Soraii

What I was saying is that they all should get a boost if they can be made on that machine. Period.

That takes out the guesswork and the frustratingly long list of complicated cross references that this game seems to love and most new players do not.

What I was saying is that they all should get a boost if they can be made on that machine. Period.

That takes out the guesswork and the frustratingly long list of complicated cross references that this game seems to love and most new players do not.

I disagree in part with this.
    When doing Scalecrafting at a Scaleforge, a bonus should be given.
    When doing Scalecrafting at an Anvil, a bonus should not be given.
    You could arguably say that the design of the Scaleforge allows for the bonus. A simple anvil allows the scale to be made, but not efficiently and with bonus.

I agree with GalemThawn on this.

Thread Information