Thread: key response acting stupid

Realm of Order [Elsewhere: Los Angeles or Wesley Chapel]

Thumbs down key response acting stupid

Here is my system specs:
    Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition (5.1, Build 2600) Service Pack 3 (2600.xpsp.080413-2111)
    System Manufacturer: HP Pavilion 061
    System Model: DW230A-ABA a500n
    BIOS: Phoenix - Award BIOS v6.00PG
    Processor: AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2800+, MMX, 3DNow, ~2.1GHz
    Memory: 1536MB RAM
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c (4.09.0000.0904)
    Card name: NVIDIA GeForce 7600 GS
    Display Memory: 512.0 MB
    Current Mode: 1280 x 1024 (32 bit) (60Hz)
    Driver Version: 6.14.0011.7516 (English)
    Description: SB Live! Audio [A000]
    Driver Version: 5.12.0001.0296 (English)

My iss ue that when ever I press a directional key (left, right, up, down, etc) it tends to stick. And my character is sent spinning around or walking continously without stopping.
    I figured it was the buffer getting fill to fast, but I cant find an option in the game to set it. I thought it was the network. It's not the keyboard, because it never happens in any other game.

How can I adjust the keyrate or stop the game from filling the key buffer? Just pressing the left arrow key, for example, for a secoind will send my characer spinning around three times before he stops.
    j'Phaelluin:Mage/Monk/Scholar/Cleric,Druid,Scout,Warrior/Blacksmith/OutfitterTiaeruih:Scout/Cleric,Mage,Warrior/Outfitter/Scholar,BlacksmithMhoss:7DragonAdventure/3Crafter

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

Default Re: key response acting stupid

i get the spins too. it seems to occur in very specific areas (in the cedar field at nt, the bronze ore field in kion, the sandstone quarry in pars are coming to mind). sometimes i can stop it with 4 or 6 on the numpad, but there have been times i had to log out and back in........
    i have been doing different things when i get it (sometimes gathering resources, sometimes when i am hunting, once even when i was running), so i don't think it is event related, if you get me....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Do you run windowed or full screen? I run windowed as I am almost always doing 3000 things at once, and I get the spins frequently (almost always if I use another window or 'click off of' the Istaria window). All I need to do is minimize then maximize the game again and it fixes it for me.

I apologize if this doesn't work for you.

Big crunchy ancient dragoness of Order

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

it has happened in both modes - in full screen more often than windowed, for me.........
    i run window mode now (for much the same reason as nam...) so if i get the spins again, i will try your fix!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I had the spins until I unbound everything that allowed the character to free look with keys (which I had already done with delete and end since I get a little preemptive with those when I'm trading ore between characters.. mashing the delete key before the little screen pops up a few times and I'm running sideways!) after I deleted all the bound keys to left and right turns it hasn't happened since then.

Incidentally.. if you want to free look after you take the binds off of delete, end keynum 4 and 6.. you can still free look by holding the Tilde (~) key and moving the mouse.

ALso the continuing to run thing happens to me when I press enter while running by accident and the arrow keys default to chat instead of to the game.. hence nothing happens until you either press enter or your autorun key (presuming it's a control key instead of a numeric key).
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Thread Information