Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Snakes. Poison Snakes.

Default Snakes. Poison Snakes.

Why in the name of all that's holy do we not have snakes in Istaria? Little snakes, bigger snakes, and real 'put the fear of God into you' BIG snakes.

Snakes are a natural... we have many real world critters as mobs... like wolves, beetles (and BIG beetles), and never mind killer chickens.

Istarian Devs are rather fond of utilizing some design either in multiple sizes by altering the scale, or by altering the color and texture (as in golems). I'd like striped snakes and spotted snakes and snakes that go bump in the night, if it were possible. I'd like snakes that rear up like a cobra and make you fill your britches. Ah, the thrill of terror!

And poison. Easy to do. Alchemists and Clerical types would love to be the remedy to that. Instead of trinkets (see the relevant thread), and silly things like masks and costumes that some folks actually seem to enjoy, give me old-fashioned time spent developing sneaky, slimly, scary and seriously-poisonous serpents!

Please. Pretty, perilous, poisonous, panic-inducing snakes.

How about it?

Weston 'Snakebane' of Chaos.
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

Default Re: Snakes. Poison Snakes.

Didn't you know? Saint Patrick was originally from Istaria.
    Inayah FrolicFall, Satyr Extraordinaire

Ooh, yes. Come to think of it, I don't think there's -any- reptilian mobs in Istaria at all. We have dragons and Sslik, but no reptiles! XD

.:Malestryx:.

Aegis Shatterer - Scourge of the Scourge - Blight's Own Decay

*opens mouth* Ahh... *closes mouth thinks opens again.* Ummmmm *closes moth again and wonders off twirling a hat on a claw.*

lol Weston

I would agree if it were "golem snakes"

I remember EQ2 where I really hated to have to kill all this nice snakes
    (btw- I hated to kill the turtles, the rats and unicorns etc too-I did not play it for long^^).
    Last edited by LOVWYRM; September 23rd, 2008 at 04:09 PM.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Snake costumes for this year's Fall Festival....

Got it.

We'll see what we can do.

*Pulls out his Really really really big book of Mythical beasts and thumbs to the R-S pages *

new epic mobs for the blighted labyrinth * since its underground where snakes dwell its perfect

The Bassekest Giant snake that Paralyzes any thing that it sees (Demon of the underworld. )

Oraborus the serpent that devourers its own tail.

Boi-tatá giant snake .

Cerastes Extremely horned snake .

Dipsa Extremely Poisons snake.

Hydros the venom from this behemoth snake causes its victims to swell up .

Labbu the sea snake .

Scitalis Snake which mesmerizes its prey .

to name a few,

Also thinking of the modern day uses for snake venom. In a gaming aspect.
    since vennom is used to cure many aliments in real life you could ues this "New mob " for the following .. you could make many resist pots from it .

there snake venom is used in treating health issues.
    Static Health VI
    Heal Recycle VI
    Poison resistance VI

*thinks *

The labyrinth should have many boss mobs not just named, but BOSS MOBS

one could be since Hz has a Large Greek back round Oraborus would be a good one to put in there

2nd pick basselest

Just a suggestion.

in all Honisty ME and EPI Hate snakes they can move but they dont have legs that's not right *Quote from Bill Egvall * and yes i do share his thoughts on this topic.
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

Love the snake idea. Swamp snakes, desert snakes, water, ice and fire snakes and it indeed opens a whole range of new potions and techniques!

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Snake costumes for this year's Fall Festival....

Got it.

We'll see what we can do.
    GAH. <Ahem...>

Well, no.... thx anyway.

I was thinking more along the lines of a Winged Chameleon Snake that zips out from among the trees to bite the crafters in their arse in mid-axe-swing... *snicker*

Er, wee tiny small little dark Asps that ye can hardly see crawling around in the swamps. And Dwarven Mines of course...
    100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

reason why it didnt get in some online and few console games?
    the dynamic of animations wasnt feastable for small dev teams, and eq2 have bigger team than any dev teams, even Neverwinter Nights didnt have real snake model.
    but that is coming soon for Nwn2's 2nd expansion, they just add naga and yaun-ti mobs, and "Marilith" isnt that far behind with fan-made creature by 3rd party designers.
    Horizons just came out right after Asheron's Call 2 which was unplugged in late dec 2005.
    snake models have very high polygon counts, and older games use the snakes are very blocky.
    those in very old pre-playstation games, they dont have animation codes, most were just tiny pixels and 'hand-drawn' icons.

i am sure with newer processors with high speed renderings and couple of upgrades will make the snakes lot easier than what most had seen in current eq2's versions.

only if VI could get dev team expanded to handle more 'realistic' next generation Horizons/Istaria settings. that would be great if they do.

some players may not want snakes or other "online clones" because i would be bored to see snakes in every signle games they put on market, i do rather to see very unique game setting, and stay clear of EQ clone themes.
    Asheron's Call and Horizons are the only ones in market for unique game settings, and that is very fresh.
    i certainly dont want to play elves or orcs in every game i played, it gets very old fast as you seen one and you seen them all.
    some players prefers Tolkien elves and some other prefer manga elves versions, and some old school D&D players got horrorified when they saw new elves designs they look too thin and faces seem warped in 4th edition.

it would be nice to see new "Horizons" game engine, as new upgraded settings to bring new life back in the game and new and returning players to discover what they are missing in other games, unique world setting.

new dragons, new horn models, new head crests, new patterns, better color palattes, and new wing types.
    it would be cool to play "pixie dragons" aka fairy dragons/ fae drakes, or miniature version as seen in Dragon Singer by Anne McCafferity.

hold on , hold on Wes: This is my TAIL!!
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by Wylonus View Post
    reason why it didnt get in some online and few console games?
    the dynamic of animations wasnt feastable for small dev teams, and eq2 have bigger team than any dev teams, even Neverwinter Nights didnt have real snake model.
    but that is coming soon for Nwn2's 2nd expansion, they just add naga and yaun-ti mobs, and "Marilith" isnt that far behind with fan-made creature by 3rd party designers.
    Horizons just came out right after Asheron's Call 2 which was unplugged in late dec 2005.
    snake models have very high polygon counts, and older games use the snakes are very blocky.
    those in very old pre-playstation games, they dont have animation codes, most were just tiny pixels and 'hand-drawn' icons.

i am sure with newer processors with high speed renderings and couple of upgrades will make the snakes lot easier than what most had seen in current eq2's versions.

only if VI could get dev team expanded to handle more 'realistic' next generation Horizons/Istaria settings. that would be great if they do.

some players may not want snakes or other "online clones" because i would be bored to see snakes in every signle games they put on market, i do rather to see very unique game setting, and stay clear of EQ clone themes.
    Asheron's Call and Horizons are the only ones in market for unique game settings, and that is very fresh.
    i certainly dont want to play elves or orcs in every game i played, it gets very old fast as you seen one and you seen them all.
    some players prefers Tolkien elves and some other prefer manga elves versions, and some old school D&D players got horrorified when they saw new elves designs they look too thin and faces seem warped in 4th edition.

it would be nice to see new "Horizons" game engine, as new upgraded settings to bring new life back in the game and new and returning players to discover what they are missing in other games, unique world setting.

new dragons, new horn models, new head crests, new patterns, better color palattes, and new wing types.
    it would be cool to play "pixie dragons" aka fairy dragons/ fae drakes, or miniature version as seen in Dragon Singer by Anne McCafferity.
    UO has snakes...and they hurt A LOT.
    Inayah FrolicFall, Satyr Extraordinaire

*Romps about the Istarian plains*
    *HISSSSSSSS....*

*Gasp* Snakes! On a(n Istarain) plain!!!!

*Edit*

If we get snakes they need to be able to kick!

We already have mushrooms, with snakes in the next would be badgers.....

badgerbadgerbadgerbadger.

ok, I apologize for the odd online video reference...

I like the idea maybe cobras near New Rach to...umm...immobilize the gnomes
    "Close your mind to stress and pain, fight till you're no longer sane. Let not one **** cur pass by, How many of them can we make die!!"
    "March of Cambreadth" by Heather Alexander
    Drakarr Lunus dragon, Chaos 100 ADV 100 DCRA 80 LSH

Quote Originally Posted by Drakarr View Post
    We already have mushrooms, with snakes in the next would be badgers.....

badgerbadgerbadgerbadger.
    Oh please no...

Snakes would be fun though, if you can get past the obvious difficulties that would come up in the actual design and implementation of them.
    <----clicky!

I think gophers are higher on the pony list than snakes.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

Will they dance?

Only the funky chicken.

Quote Originally Posted by Tcei View Post
    If we get snakes they need to be able to kick!

...and Parry, just for nostalgia's sake (EQ1).
    "There are but three loves in a Dwarf's life, young lad: battle to make one thirsty, ale to quench the thirst, and friends to bring more ale! Make no mistake about it... good friends are by far the most important." - Steele

Quote Originally Posted by AmonGwareth View Post
    I think gophers are higher on the pony list than snakes.
    How about just feeding those poor staving cows?
    Blacknite - Chaos

Thread Information