Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: How many people play Istaria ?

Default How many people play Istaria ?

I still new to board and game but I was just wondering does anyone know how many people play this game :3

i'm on chaos and it surprise me that i don't run into a lot people some days XD not complain but just wondering :3

Over thing what you think about the name change to istaria i am still use to call it horizon

hope people don't mind me ask :3
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Default Re: How many people play Istaria ?

That is a good question. I'd like to know the answer too... of course, you'd have to account for the fact that some people have multiple subs to one player, or multiple players to one sub... so you cant go by characters. Plus you have to realize that some aren't active, so they wouldn't count either... XD

And, I still call is Horizons myself. I just like that name, I guess.
    <----clicky!

you will never get an official answer to this question

Many of us are sidelined due to the Extremely Under developed new operating system known as windows vista. (beta alias Project long horn) How ever i have been fighting with it for a wile now; on other systems and i have found out something. Although yes its being Hard soled on all the new computers, there is still hope . (Disclaimer) Every one that i have encounter hates vista (Disclaimer)

Most computer company are now creating the new computers with vista how ever they have started to make drivers for XP! and XP although rare now a days can still be bought at fry's electronics so If you can kill vista and install xp your computer should have all its components working once more with xp drivers
    Face forward and you should be able to hear it now the only thing plugging your ears is your own fear. There is only one enemy and one of you so what is there to be afraid of ? Abandon your fear turn and face him, Don't give an inch. Now advance Never stop If you retreat you will age Be afraid and you'll die NOW SHOUT OUT YOUR NAME !!!

and some of us definitely consider ourselves active players (I do) even when I haven't logged in for 2 weeks or so (too many RL things to do atm).

never going to be one you can answer

I will be back!!! (my 2 six-month subs just went out of the bank, so I will be back definitely!!)
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Quote Originally Posted by lightning claw View Post
    Many of us are sidelined due to the Extremely Under developed new operating system known as windows vista. (beta alias Project long horn) How ever i have been fighting with it for a wile now; on other systems and i have found out something. Although yes its being Hard soled on all the new computers, there is still hope . (Disclaimer) Every one that i have encounter hates vista (Disclaimer)

Most computer company are now creating the new computers with vista how ever they have started to make drivers for XP! and XP although rare now a days can still be bought at fry's electronics so If you can kill vista and install xp your computer should have all its components working once more with xp drivers
    I like Vista. You should hang around on tech forums, you'll find a lot of people like Vista.

Vendors are still writting and updating XP drivers because a good 70% of the market still uses it. Not everybody upgrades their computers every year, like techophiles and gamers tend to do.

If you've purchased a Vista license, then you can downgrade it to an XP license. However, new PCs that ship with Vista usually have hardware designed for Vista. They don't always have XP drivers. PCs from large OEMs often use a lot of proprietary hardware, which may or may not have XP drivers available. The downgrade is very much a use at your own risk path.

Edit - But, to the original OP's question. Only the devs know for certain how many subscriptions they have. I'm guessing the number is below that of other MMOs available though. Horizons offers a lot of innovative features, but its archaic client, comparatively poor graphics, and nearly unknown status hurt it.

guess i'm not going get full answer to my question but though would be cool to ask yeah vista i try put it on there but no luck . I still perfer XP
    Dragon lv 100, Craft 85, Lairship 30
    [/url][br]Feed Me![br]Feed Me!

Yes, you probably won't figure out the exact amount, but if you spread the word you can help the number grow. ^_- Istaria is a great game, it just has lost the spotlight towards several of the bigger MMOs out there. Bring your friends, if you can! XD

Quote Originally Posted by Bateluer View Post
    I like Vista. You should hang around on tech forums, you'll find a lot of people like Vista.
    I have never found a programmer who prefers Vista to a previous version of windows - with a possible exception of windows ME.

I don't know what "tech forums" you are hanging around.

i am a new player who has been playing for a month now and i love it.in my opion it is th ebest ever game i have played and i realy mean that.
    it has everything yes the graphics could be better but other than that it is a brillant game.and now the devs are kicking on with the game i think in a few months if not sooner we will be up there with wow or better

The closest to an answer we'll see is that one of the devs once posted elsewhere that the number of subscribers is increasing, and that the game is in the black. (Turning a profit.)

This, to me, strongly indicated that there is a future for the game, which is the most important point. The second imprtant point has been well demonstrated this last year, which is that game improvements are being planned, developed, and introduced.

Istaria is a big place, and the number of players not terribly high; that's one of the reasons why guilding is important.

Finally, I don't think Istaria will be caught up to WoW in a few months; it'll take at least a year...
    ____Kulamata Quality Armor___
    None Genuine without this Pawprint `',''

Achiever 86%, Explorer 60%, Socializer 46%, Killer 6%.

Quote Originally Posted by Kulamata View Post
    The closest to an answer we'll see is that one of the devs once posted elsewhere that the number of subscribers is increasing, and that the game is in the black. (Turning a profit.)
    Oh! This I didn't know! That's great news. I wasn't sure if it was turning a profit or not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Valornyx View Post
    I have never found a programmer who prefers Vista to a previous version of windows - with a possible exception of windows ME.

I don't know what "tech forums" you are hanging around.
    Anandtech mainly, though I visit Firingsquad, Tomshardware, Xbit regularly, and few other specialty forums and sites.

And I never specified programmers, I said people. I do work with a few .NET developers who prefer Vista to XP, but I don't do any development or programming myself so can't really comment there.

I had a copy of Vista as soon as it was released. (Benifits of father working for Microsoft). It's still sealed in a cupboard in my desk.

Vista would work quite a bit better if they made it easier to manipulate, without having to wade through hundreds of privileges to make it finally do something
    Selemi of Order~ Adult Helian Green Dragoness
    Sesenya of Order~ Short Saris Crafter

I'm a regular, but having a bit af a break, after doing my all t6 lair and maxing hoard. I suspect quite a lot of others are having a vacation as well, but we're never far away...

I played this game back when it first came out years ago, and really missed the crafting. Last week I tried to come back and check out the free trial, but my new computer only has Vista 64 and Ubuntu 8.04 64.

Hopefully they'll get it working in vista soon, I really liked Horizons I just had my wisdom teeth pulled and was looking forward to spending my down time in Istaria.

Well you can run it on ubuntu
    Whe have two threads here describing how :
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=17235
    http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=19487

The quick Unofficial answer from Sir Bruce is:
    Less than 5,000 - More than 1,000

http://www.mmogchart.com/

As others have stated, many players have multiple accounts.
    So, the answer to the question of how many "people" play Istaria may actually be in the hundreds. Certainly no more than 2,000-3,000.

My WAG is about 1,500...

Oh that is really interesting, I laughed when I saw the Vanguard graphic

http://www.mmogchart.com/Chart3.html

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Thread Information