Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: health potions

Hybrid View

Default health potions

hi i would like to make a suggestion and i do not know if this has been aske dbefore.
    but i would like to suggest having health potions in th egame why well i have played many mmmorpg games and they all have had hp potions in them what i mean by this is that when u are fighting and your hp goes down u click on your hp potion hotkey and u restore your hp why is this good .
    well i like to fight two or more mobs and also like to fight and fight and fight but sometimes alone as i am low lvl and most of my guild mates are hgh lvl so when i fight a mob my lvl i have to sit and regen my hp but if i had hpo pots i would just click and restore it.in the games i ahve played you have brought them from the wizards or herbalists. so please like i say i know this will not happen as the devs have a lot to do but it would be very kool if they would look into it
    thnks welshdemon

Default Re: health potions

If you take 1 or 2 levels of Cleric, you can get some revitalize spells that, from what I've seen, can be used no matter what class you then change to. They won't heal you much but they'll work basically the same as a potion, but without needing to add things to the game.
    Tchanel Rulskyl, Ancient of Order.
    Currently unable to return due to being poor.

yeah agree with that but they do not heal enough until u get hgh lvl then it does.

Hiya Welshie

I'll make you some Granny Nuffle's Festival Punch when I'm next logged in, it offers a heal over time effect which you may find helpful. Not quite a health potion but close enough!

Also worth picking up some bolster health potions from your friendly alchemists, they're not healing potions but will boost your maximum health, give you a bit more of an edge in combat.

See you in-game over the weekend I hope

*pelts Welsh with some snowballs*
    Justa Mirage: Ranger 100 / Healer 92 / Carpentry 100 / Confectioner 100 / Fletching 92 / Weaver 62 / Gatherer 34
    Flatspin: Ancient Lunus Dragon 100 / Craft 100 / Lairshaping 100

Health pots were resisted very strongly because the developers felt that they would negate the need for a dedicated healer class in a group.
    Tempus fugit, memento mori.

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Health pots were resisted very strongly because the developers felt that they would negate the need for a dedicated healer class in a group.
    I agree with that concern.

Also, having health potions would turn the whole game into one of "pot spamming".
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

But it would be great, if I could buy all these phantastic potions, that are ingame *stands at Augh consi, pocked full of coins and sighs*
    " Again, no food , no special potions"

(at least, health, amor, Vestia`s, and stone reaping. Thy for that )
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

*agrees with Lovwyrm and nudges the alchemists of Order*
    "Ohoh...someone is actually trying to sell something, I see an attunement coming. LOL" - Teto Frum

ah i see now why the devs did not what to do potions fair enough thnks for the input though

Quote Originally Posted by Trust View Post
    Dur. Would have to be one heck of a powerful potion to replace an actual healer...

I played a fairly high level healer in another game, and, despite my skills, found myself at times overwhelmed (like when guildmate...let's call him " nightscare"... determined that a tank with a healer along was absolutely invincible and ran screaming and brandishing a sword into mobs, lol). I often found myself casting heals as fast as I could and yelling "pot! pot!" to the guys at the same time. I kept them alive, but the potions took the edge off, for which I was grateful..

I think if they do offer potions having them craftable would be a good thing based on the thematic (and often problematic with the lack of population) notion that this is a mostly crafting game.

Several different tiers of healing potions would be good with, obviously, different levels of healing available... sounds like something either a confectioner or an alchemist should be able to manufacture.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

?? vestia's soothing remedy potions are tiered... and they do healing over time... i'm not getting what you're suggesting that is different?

btw: Thank you Master Gerron, for provinding us with potions again
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    ?? vestia's soothing remedy potions are tiered... and they do healing over time... i'm not getting what you're suggesting that is different?
    Talking about potions on a vendor that don't cast a low level healing over time spell, but that actually just heal a chunk all at once. I can only assume that's what the OP was going for. But Definitely need a vendor for both.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

ok i did not expect slagging what i suggested was because if u ar e like me and there isno-one that is my lvl and becasue all the hgh lvls are busy which is fair enough,i can't just fight and fight and fight mobs because i need to rst a for my health to come back.where if i had potions i could keep fighting mobs and mobs and it was only a suggestion.

on th eothe rhand if u could make these potions for your self u are still crafting so it keeps it within the game.

Please keep the discussion constructive, folks.

Just for some historical perspective, healing potions have come up before on several occasions. The decision to limit healing consumables to the Vestia's line of potions was made during the AE era, as I recall.

I'd like to point out that the Virtrium team is not changeophobic - recall the alterations we were looking at making in Shield of Gold, for example. Quite often, there are other reasons why we might not act on a suggestion - reasons like upcoming content that we do not want to discuss yet, or other changes which would render the issue moot.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

I would like to see them added, just put them on a 3 or 5 minute timer Or maybe 10 if it is a complete heal. I prefer to adventure and having a 64 rating character with my main class being level 63 a "O-H*ll" button would be nice!

nice to know of the HoTs I will have to check them out

i could not agree more with mensar.

i think they should not be limmited, and implemented.
    limmiting them would state that people are afraid of them?
    why i wonder?
    they just save lives!
    somtimes there is no healer around...
    or to busy crafting...
    you guys want the hunters to just try and die then?

however as stated before: in every other game, a potion is not comming close to the power of a real healer. if the devs would make super potions that would restore all live in 1 time and could be used every second, and where very cheap to make... yes then they would put healers out of a job. but in no single other game its like this (perhaps just in console action games that are single player, and where its the only way of healing, but not in mmo's)

i would not understand, if they would be introduced, that t4 and t5 where missing. thats just an example of a compromise that turns out very bad and ugly. just to sooth some fears.

just make the potions, helpfull, usefull, lifesaving, but not nearly close to the power of a real healer.
    (that is if the devs would have time for making this at the expense of making somthing else)

Part of the fun of a game like this is the lack of a safety net when you get yourself in serious trouble. And, when you do, what happens? A single DP, oh no.

This is from the perspective of a dragon player, of course, since I never have played a biped before, but I've never felt the need for any type of healing potion at all. We get Primal Instant Heal, which is wonderful, and has a 5-minute cooldown. They just recently added another spell, that can be teched in such a way that you can heal yourself for 300-400 every 10 seconds. I don't know what situation bipeds are in, but dragons don't really need any health potions. If you're adventuring past your level and taking too many DPs, that means you need to drop down to weaker mobs, not whine to the devs about making things easier.
    <----clicky!

Thread Information