Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: health potions

Default Re: health potions

I think if they do offer potions having them craftable would be a good thing based on the thematic (and often problematic with the lack of population) notion that this is a mostly crafting game.

Several different tiers of healing potions would be good with, obviously, different levels of healing available... sounds like something either a confectioner or an alchemist should be able to manufacture.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

?? vestia's soothing remedy potions are tiered... and they do healing over time... i'm not getting what you're suggesting that is different?

btw: Thank you Master Gerron, for provinding us with potions again
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by awdz View Post
    ?? vestia's soothing remedy potions are tiered... and they do healing over time... i'm not getting what you're suggesting that is different?
    Talking about potions on a vendor that don't cast a low level healing over time spell, but that actually just heal a chunk all at once. I can only assume that's what the OP was going for. But Definitely need a vendor for both.

ok i did not expect slagging what i suggested was because if u ar e like me and there isno-one that is my lvl and becasue all the hgh lvls are busy which is fair enough,i can't just fight and fight and fight mobs because i need to rst a for my health to come back.where if i had potions i could keep fighting mobs and mobs and it was only a suggestion.

on th eothe rhand if u could make these potions for your self u are still crafting so it keeps it within the game.

Please keep the discussion constructive, folks.

Just for some historical perspective, healing potions have come up before on several occasions. The decision to limit healing consumables to the Vestia's line of potions was made during the AE era, as I recall.

I'd like to point out that the Virtrium team is not changeophobic - recall the alterations we were looking at making in Shield of Gold, for example. Quite often, there are other reasons why we might not act on a suggestion - reasons like upcoming content that we do not want to discuss yet, or other changes which would render the issue moot.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Honestly, a simple potion that heals a certain amount... that was usable say once every 10 mins would act as a good 'oh ****' button, without taking the place of a healer. New players (or old players with new accounts) that lack friends or people they can group with of the same level are at a real disadvantage when leveling their first couple of classes.

Potions in every game I've played, have never taken the place of healers, rather they are taken to buff/augment a player in addition to player buffs or to provide a quick burst of health or mana (not that this game has mana) in times of trouble.

PS
    Taking Cleric for a few levels to gain access to a heal thats is basically useless as the monsters tend to hit you for more dmg in the time it takes to use it... Better advice for a mellee might be to pick up druid for a stun at level 9 - Petrify?? they'll get the heals and buffs anyway, just a bit slower.

Quote Originally Posted by Adwene View Post
    Honestly, a simple potion that heals a certain amount... that was usable say once every 10 mins would
    I think a Recycle would be a must for an idea like this.
    Otherwise, it seems you would be able to have a 200 stack in your inventory and just hotkey 10 or 15 off to 'refill' your health when down.
    Grandmaster of Flame: Simultaneous solo of 4 Phantom Mages, 2 Death Dealers, 1 Ogre Bodyguard
    Siggurd's Protégée: Smelting 1600+

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

well, for what it is worth and with no intentions of flaming or spotlighting any player - the following are my ideas about healing pots in horizons:

i would not really care one way or the other if they are in game, really. but my thoughts on them are this; if they are implemented at some point, beyond the vestia line, i mean, i think they should not only be recyclable, but should get no higher than t3 (and have a overall rating cutoff as well, say 100) at most. healing pots should be for low level chars and newbies to the game. healing pots should not be needed by experienced players and alts.
    indeed, by now, if they were released at this time, i would never use them. i am experienced enough in the game to know what to do and where to go to minimize damage if i am not actively seeking it.
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

good compromise, Velveeta. Makes sense to me.
    YOU told me to play a dragon!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    Please keep the discussion constructive, folks.

Just for some historical perspective, healing potions have come up before on several occasions. The decision to limit healing consumables to the Vestia's line of potions was made during the AE era, as I recall.

I'd like to point out that the Virtrium team is not changeophobic - recall the alterations we were looking at making in Shield of Gold, for example. Quite often, there are other reasons why we might not act on a suggestion - reasons like upcoming content that we do not want to discuss yet, or other changes which would render the issue moot.
    Never said the dev team was changeophobic. Said the players were... and, as it has been pointed out many times on the boards here, the devs do what (generally) the players want as far as suggestions go. If that's the case, you're on a very short bridge at a full run considering the other games that are being released

If you want to revive this one, that is.

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    healing pots should not be needed by experienced players and alts.
    indeed, by now, if they were released at this time, i would never use them. i am experienced enough in the game to know what to do and where to go to minimize damage if i am not actively seeking it.
    *sits in the mithril canyon gettin hit by many boulders and seems undamaged* I agree
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Show off.
    Dragon Scroll; BLIGHT~Anam, Ahleah; CHAOS~Veruliyam, Ceruliyan, Jaguarundi, Spinel, Ssussurrouss, Chon; ORDER~Aucapoma, Susurrus

lol if a heal can make the difference ill take the heal of a potion any day. And not to mention the kinda is a line of Heal over times besides vestia, they just require skill and level. Regrowth, field of growth, an growth. Field of growth being the most potent of the 3. Regrowth can be gotten by leveling any school that advances the nature skill,(storm disciple, druid, ranger,guardian,and shaman) Field of growth is a druid only ability but is masterable. Growth can be gotten from ranger druid or guardian an is also masterable. O an 1 other....kinda ok Morning dew from guardian also masterable.

I love being a master at nature>.>Still need shammy tho hehe
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

I would like to see them added, just put them on a 3 or 5 minute timer Or maybe 10 if it is a complete heal. I prefer to adventure and having a 64 rating character with my main class being level 63 a "O-H*ll" button would be nice!

nice to know of the HoTs I will have to check them out

i could not agree more with mensar.

i think they should not be limmited, and implemented.
    limmiting them would state that people are afraid of them?
    why i wonder?
    they just save lives!
    somtimes there is no healer around...
    or to busy crafting...
    you guys want the hunters to just try and die then?

however as stated before: in every other game, a potion is not comming close to the power of a real healer. if the devs would make super potions that would restore all live in 1 time and could be used every second, and where very cheap to make... yes then they would put healers out of a job. but in no single other game its like this (perhaps just in console action games that are single player, and where its the only way of healing, but not in mmo's)

i would not understand, if they would be introduced, that t4 and t5 where missing. thats just an example of a compromise that turns out very bad and ugly. just to sooth some fears.

just make the potions, helpfull, usefull, lifesaving, but not nearly close to the power of a real healer.
    (that is if the devs would have time for making this at the expense of making somthing else)

Part of the fun of a game like this is the lack of a safety net when you get yourself in serious trouble. And, when you do, what happens? A single DP, oh no.

This is from the perspective of a dragon player, of course, since I never have played a biped before, but I've never felt the need for any type of healing potion at all. We get Primal Instant Heal, which is wonderful, and has a 5-minute cooldown. They just recently added another spell, that can be teched in such a way that you can heal yourself for 300-400 every 10 seconds. I don't know what situation bipeds are in, but dragons don't really need any health potions. If you're adventuring past your level and taking too many DPs, that means you need to drop down to weaker mobs, not whine to the devs about making things easier.
    <----clicky!

Knowing when to run saves more lives than health potions.

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

Quote Originally Posted by Sigi View Post
    Knowing when to run saves more lives than health potions.
    *scampers off like a frightened little bunny rabbit!*

This is not something im interested in seeing, or think game needs, but im kinda at a loss for why anyone cares if its added if others think they need it and it might keep a few more players arround.

Not something i think id ever need or use, but find it hard to believe one potion renders healers irrelevent as some claim would be result. With properly set timers a good but not full health boost potion poses no thread to healers in game.

As a former player, planning a return shortly anything that may help boost population im in favour of.

Thread Information