Thread: Save bandwidth, save money

Galem

Default Save bandwidth, save money

Small patch, but downloads 19.9 MB each machine.

Why? Because it removes Pekka's mappack every time.

Why cause download so large even for minor update?

Waste of bandwidth, and time. Leave maps alone.

Default Re: Save bandwidth, save money

they wont do this .. you could just do what pekkas says, and run the pekkas uninstall just before patch ... I learned this one the hard way also
    Neon Burnblade
    Bitter ex-top-jeweler of Expanse (for a few weeks in 2004 anyway)
    --------------------------------------------------
    If anyone is interested in EQ2, look me up as Iridi on the Unrest server. Gronar and Hellga are on as well!

Rhili Loquu

Quote Originally Posted by Neon
    they wont do this .. you could just do what pekkas says, and run the pekkas uninstall just before patch ... I learned this one the hard way also
    Well, it seems they NEVER do anything, what would make things easier for the players or?
    They are not able to give us updated decent maps, so we have to use the much better Pekka maps and get then additional punished for their failure through longer download times.

Quote Originally Posted by Rhili Loquu
    Well, it seems they NEVER do anything, what would make things easier for the players or?

They are not able to give us updated decent maps, so we have to use the much better Pekka maps and get then additional punished for their failure through longer download times.
    Let me play devil's advocate here...

Most of the mappack is map markers for MOBs, resources and like. You could VERY easily find that stuff the old fashion way - ADVENTURING. You're absolutely able to make your own map and your own markers that do not get removed during updates.

And the claim that they "never do anything" is just ridiculous and really doesn't deserve to be recognized.

However, I would like to see a functional resource_overrides folder and a number of other file system features... but it's my opinion that as long as their working on the game and playability, issues that revolve around customization and launching are a second tier priority.
    Dalthbar Bruisebringer
    Order [Spirit] Shard
    Mystic Blades

81 Fitter
    65 Spearman
    (plus a lot more)

AE was working on a way to get the maps working properly last week, how far that got I don't know, but they are trying to make customizations easier for us, and working properly. There was a post by a dev asking for map users input and testing somewhere, but only one person gave any info in it

Thread Information