Thread: "Help Wanted" Board for Builders

Thumbs up "Help Wanted" Board for Builders

I'm sure this has been suggested before - possibly several times - but I've never seen it and with all the plot stuff changing right now I thought it would be a good idea to renew the suggestion (or make it for the first time if such is the case)

Was thinking - we (Istarians) could really use some type of "bulletin board" setup in game for construction advertisements and offers and the like. Something for people who are willing to pay for work done on their plots to put that notice out there to the community - as well as peopel who are willing to work on plots (free or for a fee) to advertise their services.

In this upcoming time of major land rebuilding it would even be more especially helpful and useful I think, regardless of it being needed anyway.

With a recent thread in rants there have been comments about how these two populations (builders and payers) are not matching up very often or very easily in game - and to me that seems liek a shame since it is a mutually beneficial arranagement for all classes and players - and promotes community overall with players helping players.

It would be ideal to be able to do it directly in game - Either by some type of notepad window of your own where you put your "advertisement statement" and then uplaod it to the server to be placed on some central feedback window (like our player search window or guild window or something where you could also delete your own advertisement when it no longer applied).

But of course if that's too hard to implement or not feasible - even something setoff the main website the way the "World Connie list" use to be (where did that go btw??) - where when people go to the login site or the account site - there's a link there to construction advertisements.

Cuz the current system of shouting in marketplace just isn't very efficient nor apparently...does it really work well.

Anyway just a little addition I thought which would be helpful to all.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Great Elder of Keir Chet K'Eilerten
    Iea has returned.

Default Re: "Help Wanted" Board for Builders

Agreed. Especially since a needy plot-owner might not play the same schedule as a willing crafter. As an example, I live in the Central Time Zone, U.S.A. and am on mostly between 4:30 a.m. and 9:30 p.m. There are probably a great many who play during what I consider the 'wee' hours, and we would not easily 'connect'.

Another issue is: the Marketplace on Chaos is dead most of the time. And some of the time when it's not dead, it's just off-task chatter by those who frequent the thing. For this reason alone, I generally don't take up precious desktop space monitoring the thing. (And I hate flashing Tabs when I'm otherwise occupied.)

There ARE times, however, when I'd be willing to go "Check the Board" to see if anyone is needing something that I could easily provide.

As it is, the current system is unhelpful.

100 Reaver, Druid, Spiritist, Mage, 96 Healer, 98 Shaman, 67 Ranger, 40 Conjurer, 30 Monk, and 20 Scout & Cleric. Grandmaster Crafter, Chaos.

I'm pretty sure the suggestion has been made before, but that doesn't mean it wasn't a good one. I'd certainly like having some sort of Help Wanted board set up. I far prefer crafting myself, and would gladly exchange crafting for the fruits of adventuring (recently did all the t5 in a few PBs and connies for two sets of teched scales and a bunch of hoard). It shouldn't be too hard to make a system to work like this, I should think. Or, at least, I hope.

Not that the requested help has to be purchased at such costs, of course. It'd be just fine to post for help that you need for those who are simply looking for experience.
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by Frith-Rae View Post
    - even something setoff the main website the way the "World Connie list" use to be (where did that go btw??)
    It's still there! http://community.istaria.com/consigners

Look on the left side, down towards the bottom, under the catagory, Other.
    English doesn't borrow from other languages. English follows other languages down dark alleys, knocks them over & goes through their pockets for loose grammar. -=Paraphased from James Nicoll=- Unicorn's Lady's Dalliance

oh yea!! I thought I had gone crazy and missed where they took it away...

I was just looking in the wrong place (login screen) heh.

Ok, done with hijack - contineu to discuss how much you guys would like the feature
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

We don't have any builders on order that are willing to do any biped plot building. (I would know I asked for three weeks for someone to build on my plot). I know a few dragons that do lairshaping though.
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

The Order that I am playing on does know at least some players looking for decent building-jobs. So perhaps there is a bit more truth then you thought within the other observations in this thread (about different playingtimes, -places, occasions, job-kinds, etc) Mensar

Wierd. I've heard of people looking for plot work and no lairshapers looking for work.

Yea I guess it's a timing thing. Left kind of a bad taste in my mouth about the building community (biped side) but you can't force people to work. Maybe the t1-t4 work wasn't high enough tier to make it worth their time.

Oh well
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Maybe the t1-t4 work wasn't high enough tier to make it worth their time.

Oh well
    No. If you were paying fair prices, then your message just didn't reach the right people. A fact that is therefore strengthening the meaning of this post instead of weakening it...

I think it's a great suggestion and would probably be very helpful, especially after plot reclaims are through.

Personally I looked for work for some weeks (T4/T3 LSH, T2/T1 plot) on Chaos and only ever found one lair in need of work (of which most was T1/T2).

Since there is no search function in-game for "coin-on-plot/lair" it is up to the chat channels to supply it currently (or personal contacts) and since I am Euro I probably miss out on 90% of the US openings

/ScraggyJr

how about in the interim, having a thread here (only helps those of us who post here/read here though ) advertising plots wth building work on...

oh wait a minute, we tried that too ... didn't seem to work very well

I think I was one of the people who suggested this too - very similar to the "reverse consignment" or "I want to order this item" type board..

would be extremely useful, and looking at the threads below (including the one I started) there's never been an official response. I may have missed one or two threads though...

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16834

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=13743

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=14878

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=18097

http://community.istaria.com/forum/s...ad.php?t=16622
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Well yes on the "rant" thread I stated getting a thread started on each of the Server Boards for people who are both looking to build and are wanting things built - on their plots.

But it is limiting because no, not everyone checks the forums, and posts may get out of date with people's "needs" filling up but them not revising their own post.

But there again, it would work in the interim (assumign this ever comes to pass) better than the current system because at least if you see someone asking in MP or whatever you can direct them somewhere where they might find some help with their requests.
    Frith-Rae BridgeSol
    Iea has returned.

Quote Originally Posted by Arietna View Post
    there's never been an official response
    Maybe no news is good news?

While I'm here... *holds up a "Will Craft For Hoard" sign*
    <----clicky!

Anything would work better then what we have! As it is, it's like pulling teeth to get plot or lair work done & that is with paying VERY well. It's not so much that people can't do it, it's getting the info to the people who want to do it.
    Blacknite - Chaos

Maybe no news is good news?

While I'm here... *holds up a "Will Craft For Hoard" sign*
    I have a vault and a shrine (been up for a while) that sorely needs building a couple dozen of the new murals spread out between the two lairs....

I have a nice plot which I'm building myself... but I always seem to be more motivated to log in and work on building when it's NOT MY OWN plot!! I'm not sure why.. I started building cos I enjoyed it, and liked to be useful. I aimed to save up to buy my own plot... and now I have a nice 60x60 guild plot (so I didn't even need to save for that) and most of it's unbuilt because I'm far more motivated to work on somone else's, but can't find any... Sometimes I don't understand my own logic..

ok, in summary.. if I could actually have a way of seeing who else needs work on their plot, I'd probably play more
    Bobda Bilda (Chaos) - www.hzconfectioner.org.uk
    http://www.painefreecrafts.com - what takes up most of my spare time now..

Thread Information