Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: On mumming... and mummers... <G>

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default On mumming... and mummers... <G>

Elders and wise

A jest this be, no more or less, and naught of import, trial or test.
    A ponder, it did come to be, through discourse and through reverie
    And thus before thee it be set, to seek or no as ye find best

Imagine in the land called Real, Istaria did gain great weal
    And great in many minds did be, and great to those of mummery
    And in the land called Hollied-Wood, great to and fro and should come would.
    And to those great of mummery, a mumming they did seek must be
    And great their coin and great persuading, mummers all did seek some standing

So if ye follow yet with me, then here the riddle, thine the key
    Mummers walk the Real land, thus would walk this mumming band
    Gifted walk among us all, Gifted that we know full well
    And for those both, then paired must be, the land of Real and Istari’
    So if the coin, it mattered not, and any name be gladly got
    Then who might seek ye, ye the wise, were this thy task and this thy choice?
    Which mummer of the Real land take the form or voice for Gifted’s stand?
    For Real hath much magery, and those not two leg come to be.

And these be all the rules of dancing, speak not to thy spirit’s standing
    But for who that ye be not, then some name then offer up
    But not a name alone in season, but that name and more, thy reason.
    Any Istari’ name might stand, woken now, lost to the land

And so this pot doth not sit empty, then some names I’ll set before thee.
    Sonea of the Lightning’s power, Fool and Thunder, Sephiranoth
    Carinde sleeper, dancer, dreamer, Ssilmath Paladin and leezard
    Saphire drake and Awdz of Klava, Gengel sister of the mother

Thus and so I’ll end this riddle, near the end and not the middle
    Mummers, Gifted, mummery, match and reasons all to see

Default Re: On mumming... and mummers... <G>

Or................................................

Imagine the lords of the land called Real did decide to craft a magery called a ' movie' of Istaria. Imagine further, that coin was no object, and the gods of Hollied-Wood so pursuasive that any of the company of those that act did seek and desire to be part of the crafting.

Setting yourselves apart, who of the land called Real might ye select to play some Gifted ye know, or know of, and more, why that one for that Gifted?

Those not of two leg form might well be made whole in this ' movie' by magery, and thus the one of the land called Real provide voice.

The names offered be but suggested places to start... for any Gifted not the one writing be fair candidate.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker

Hmm... who would play me in the movie version of Istaria. Well, I could say someone like Megan Fox...it is a fantasy movie after all, right?

Oh, have to go more for reality? Hmm... I'd be happy with Meryl Streep.

Oh, I can't nominate someone for myself? Well, in that case, the first person to suggest Rosie O'Donnell gets nerfed no matter how good the type casting might be. *thwaps her gnerf bat o' doom in her hand a few times for emphasis*

Now I do have a question... can we nominate people to play the role of key NPC's too? Because I've always pictured Rysom Stormbringer as being played by Sean Connery.

Oh yes a CGI Takora that eats all she can find (just recolor a wyvern from Regin of fire gold an I am happy PPPP)

Oh and Brad Pitt, George Clooney, Mathew McConnery, Brandon Fraser should be also in the movie, with naked chest all the time... *drools*... ...

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Now I do have a question... can we nominate people to play the role of key NPC's too? Because I've always pictured Rysom Stormbringer as being played by Sean Connery.
    Elder of the gods...

Heh... save that it seemedmore of interest that each speaks of others andnot their own selves, whyever not add those not Gifted to the dance... Ryerson, Reklar, Valkoth... any that not be the writer of opinion,then!

Quote Originally Posted by Velea View Post
    Because I've always pictured Rysom Stormbringer as being played by Sean Connery.
    And forget not.. the why! <G>

Cause he's got a sexy accent, sexy look, sexy bald head... the man's just plain sexy! Isn't that reason enough? (Connery, that is, not Rysom)

Ok, so besides being sexy, I figure Rysom had to be someone with a strong sense of self, strong character, gives off that feeling of "I'm in control of everything" sort of guy... and that's just what Sean Connery has always seemed to play as well.

Oh, and I want Patrick Stewart in as well. Stewart and Connery in one movie... to quote Rachel Ray... Yum-O!

I know ya say not to say who we are but i still would want eddie griffin or kat to play me:P

ooo.....Kwinn.....who to play kwinn....well either himself or....... no only kwinn could play kwinn
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

michelle pfieffer for me. cause she has a regal bearing and i think she has the range to do me some small justice.....
    and we already know she has some familiarity with playing catwomen....
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    michelle pfieffer for me. cause she has a regal bearing and i think she has the range to do me some small justice.....
    and we already know she has some familiarity with playing catwomen....
    Ah, but elder and wise.. mine own poor tongue it must be, but the dance speaks of offering names for others, and not for thine own self... <G>

Quote Originally Posted by peladon View Post
    Ah, but elder and wise.. mine own poor tongue it must be, but the dance speaks of offering names for others, and not for thine own self... <G>

To make more clear the intent of the stricting... how each sees their own self, each knows. But the choices of others.. heh, these may speak more of those other eyes upon one spoken of than that one hath ever known .

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

so, you are saying the cheese queen of blight shouldn't be in a film about horizons?

hold on, gotta wrap my brain around that concept!!! lololol

sorry for the hijack, pel! no more, i promise!

No, he's just saying that someone ELSE should nominate who plays you.

For example, I'd say it should be Cate Blanchette who plays you. She plays a good queen with a range of emotions and "characters".

Quote Originally Posted by velveeta View Post
    so, you are saying the cheese queen of blight shouldn't be in a film about horizons?

hold on, gotta wrap my brain around that concept!!! lololol

sorry for the hijack, pel! no more, i promise!
    Oh, no indeed, elder and wise. As the Velea god speaks, most surely no.. only that, mayhap, ye might find more of new and delight in those that others offered to walk in thy shoes, thus some vision to their thoughts of thee, than thine own well formed and polished view.

But then... I am but little skilled in Common and poor of wit, and no doubt expressed the matter ill. .

in that case, i say edward norton for you, peladon - he can play a mysterious guy real good and he seems smooth enough to handle your particular and unique style of patter....

o wait - even better choice - paul bettany!! did you see him as chaucer in 'a knight's tale'?? yeah yeah - paul bettany!

I would nominate David Spade to play Jatell. Sean Connery for Valkoth, Patrick Stewart as Semeneth, Avery Brooks as Karane, and William Shatner as Lantenal.

The only casting call I can think of for one of the Gifted is Jewel Staite to play Awdz.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

This is one of the times where my total lack of knowledge about actors comes into play...
    <----clicky!

Quote Originally Posted by LaughingOtter View Post
    ..and William Shatner as Lantenal...
    *cracking up*

..Stay.. awayfrom /my/ lavapool..

*laughs*

Soraii

Acul, Trandalar and Tagath's in Mala, Genevia Island

Leonard Nimoy as Relstaroth. He's an excellent actor who can be cold, cruel, and methodical (but on the flip side, well, Relstaroth has no flip side).

I like LaughingOtter's choice of Jewel Staite for Awdz (especially if the character is written much like Kaylee from Firefly).

For Saphire, I want Paris Hilton. Nothing quite says brooding and overdominating like her.

Gina Torres for Gengel. No nonsense, straightforward, tough, and yet so lovable you just want to hug her. (Yes, another Firefly.)

Timothy West for Herman Widget. A very bold, commanding type of guy yet a joy to work with.

Josh Duhamel for Denrath. Because he's cool.

And I don't dare forget Susan Sarandon for LexDivinia. And if you don't believe me, look for the thread on celebrities and horizons players separated at birth.
    Last edited by C`gan; October 3rd, 2008 at 01:31 PM.
    C`gan Weyrsinger, blue Tagath's rider, WorldProjects Team Lead Emeritus
    Tagath, blue Lunus "for the breath weapon"
    Located in sunny Acul on Trandalar, Order shard

As long as we are being wishful, I'll put forth a casting call which is, sadly, impossible. For the role of Jayne, I nominate the late Wendy O. Williams, former lead singer for the Plasmatics and star of the cult classic "Reform School Girls".

Why her? Aside from being very brash and unconventional, Wendy liked to do her own stunts. Like carving a new door in the wall of Ricky Lake's set with a chainsaw, or kicking out the windshield of a moving school bus, climbing onto the roof, and leaping off of it just before the bus plowed through a wall of televisions. Someone who would do things like that should be perfectly at home hunting on the satyr isles in special pants or Kion formal wear.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information