Thread: encyclopediadramatica.com contains total lies

Hybrid View

Default encyclopediadramatica.com contains total lies

Apparently my brother pissed someone off.
    On http://encyclopediadramatica.com/ someone posted an article full of lies and slander against him, calling him a Je sus-hating pedophile. In addition, the page keeps popping up obscene ads in the corner.

I wish I knew how to take legal action against whoever did that, or could just rip out their intestines and feed it to crows while they watch.

I know links on the internet are to be taken with a healthy dose of skepticism, but I never realized just how wrong some of what gets posted is.

Default Re: encyclopediadramatica.com contains total lies

Yuck, I feel sorry for your brother. Some people really need to get a life and a IQ too!

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

le palais du fromage and industrial complex, cliffside, shepherd's mountain, blight

sounds like a cyberbully to me.....

a cautionary tale about the dangers of cyberbullies: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Suicide_of_Megan_Meier

parents, please make sure you monitor your children access to the internet and especially forums and communities!
    you can't cast a play in hell and expect angels as actors
    check out my game blog: https://velveeta3.livejournal.com/

I'd stay as far away as possible from anybody that uses the word "lulz". It's a popular word among people in Anonymous, 4Chan (and variations of).

A forum I was a member at was hacked by Anonymous (or 4Chan, or 7Chan, or one of them). Fortunately, we had several forum backups, and the people that ran the boards were computer experts. But prior to the hack, several of us (including board owners) had recieved various types of threats, and one of our younger members was sexually harassed by one of the trolls.

I've got very little patience for people like that, as well as bullies of the cyber and in-person variety. I took a lot of that when I was in middle school, and paid several back with bruises and busted lips later on. These days, if I see anything like that happening, I'm quick to try to end it before someone does what I did.

I would tell your brother to forget about it and take the high road. Why? Cause while I went on to college and got a (halfway decent) job in my career field, and can support myself, the bullies I dealt with in school still live with their parents and can barely get a job in anything better than a fast food joint. Most are lucky they graduated, cause many of them spend their time baked. It'll pay off eventually, and thick skin is good to have these days.

Quote Originally Posted by ScaleIron View Post
    A forum I was a member at was hacked by Anonymous (or 4Chan, or 7Chan, or one of them). Fortunately, we had several forum backups, and the people that ran the boards were computer experts. But prior to the hack, several of us (including board owners) had recieved various types of threats, and one of our younger members was sexually harassed by one of the trolls.
    This wasn't by chance the Oprah forums, or the O'Reilly forums, was it? I don't hold with the things that those groups of adolescent idiots (like the douches at 4Chan) do, but if you join an extremist website like that of Bill O'Reilly you're taking your chances. Always make sure to use false information (even though that is technically illegal) just in case.

errrrrmm.... you realize that Encyclopedia Dramatica is a joke site, right? (I'd think the name would be clue enough...) It's like The Uncyclopedia, or The Cobert Report. It isn't suppose to be serious, and no one would take it that way.
    obviously i'm clueless... i did not see a disclaimer on it of any kind. if i were doing a search, how would i know it was a fake? but many thanks for clarifying that for me, and for all the kind responses folks have given. :-)

Sorry to hear what's happening to your brother Awdz, you could try speaking with a lawyer to see if its possible to have the site take it down. Just dont be surprised if someone there makes an article on you for it . On the plus side, most people with at least 2 brain cells to rub together know better than to believe even the slightest bit of what shows up on encyclopediadramatica. It, like many of the various chan image boards, is the favorite hangout of many of the internets lowest life forms.

errrrrmm.... you realize that Encyclopedia Dramatica is a joke site, right? (I'd think the name would be clue enough...) It's like The Uncyclopedia, or The Cobert Report. It isn't suppose to be serious, and no one would take it that way.

If someone wrote something about your brother there, then the first thing you should do is check out which one of his friends is trying not to laugh every time they see him.
    Last edited by gopher65; October 5th, 2008 at 11:30 PM.

Thread Information