Thread: please, add more dragon spells

Default please, add more dragon spells

it would be nice if we dragons had more offensive (ie direct damage and DoT) spells. im sure some of use would be more like a caster type.

Toronto, Ontario, Canada. Or somewhere else...

Default Re: please, add more dragon spells

Quote Originally Posted by Great Phoenix View Post
    it would be nice if we dragons had more offensive (ie direct damage and DoT) spells. im sure some of use would be more like a caster type.
    My words are but the whisper of a forgotten wind. Let them be lost or found as suits the seeker.

Elder and wise... some of our kind follow that wind even now .

Least and less I may be, and poor of warrior, but I have been known to cast a magery of a time... and mayhap slain some Foe, though poor and few no doubt, in those castings...

Though I speak no word against thine. If there is more that we may learn of our nature, then let it be ever so.

Sephiranoth, called by some ShadowSeeker
    Nobody and Nothing ever, save The Five do Feast
    A Fool that walks among the Wise
    Last edited by peladon; October 5th, 2008 at 11:51 PM.

More spells would be... Nyar, I can't even begin to explain how much I'd like to see more spells for dragon kind. D: More damaging spells, Dots, Direct damage, epic spells...epic spells. xD

Something that would actually differentiate caster dragons for melee dragons? Yes. Love. <3

Quote Originally Posted by Hraefn View Post
    Something that would actually differentiate caster dragons for melee dragons? Yes. Love. <3
    As asked for years by some: Gold Burst (or the name they will choose for it).
    I wonder why devs have always seemed so reluctant to create it.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

I've always wondered that myself :/ And not just gold burst though. Helians can still use gold rage and get a decent amount of damage from it. It would be vice versa for Lunus. If dragons had a variety of spells to choose from like, saayyy, a mage did? There'd be no question as to whether or not a dragon was a caster. That's the kind of setup I'm hoping for.

seems like there'd be equivalent spell attacks as melee attacks, though i'm not sure where the dragon buff spells fit into the balance. i just compare biped mage and biped fighter progression, and it does seem more even than the dragon spellcaster to melee attacker.

Oh, absolutely more spells. Though, for all we know, there's already lots in development and we'll be seeing them about when the Blighted Labyrinth pops out.

Oh, and hey, Phoenix!
    <----clicky!

On Goldburst they have not been reluctant to create it they havejust had troubles finding a balanced and different way to make it. They do not want another Goldrage Just with primal. I also would think it has been on a lower priority then other things at the time. But Some ideas have been thrown around on what to do with this so hopefully after then current magor work is done they can go back to this to work on it some more.

Spiffy on the goldburst(thing). Glad to hear it's not been written off at least.

I'm still pushing for more spells though. :9

Quote Originally Posted by Deth View Post
    They do not want another Goldrage Just with primal.
    But it is exactly what we need to have a balance between melee and casting and choose the kind of fight you want without being handicaped with this choice if you chose casting.
    Firebrandcrest Arma: Ancient Helian Dragon | Dragon 100 / Dragon Crafter 100 / Dragon Lairshaper 100 / Dragon Crystalshaper 100 (Order) | My MODs: Zexoin's and Firebrand's Sound Emotes Pack v2.5.4.0, Alternate Dragon Bolt Casting v1.4, Old Istarian Ambiance v1.0.8.

This is so much of a beaten dead horse its not even funny.

Gold Burst (or whatever we choose to name it) has been slow coming for many reasons (our desire for a really good quest, various internal debates about its merits and stats, discussions about the scope of changes, etc, etc).

I'm going to lock this because its not a suggestion so much as a general request. Now, if you have ideas for specific spells, that would be a suggestion.
    "Alea iacta est" -- Julius Caesar

Toot shouted, voice shrill, "In the name of the Pizza Lord! Charge!" (Jim Butcher's Dresden Files)

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will spends it whole life believing that it is stupid." -- Albert Einstein

The problem with the version of Gold Burst that was developed under Tulga is that it is very much an "I Win" button when used as a kiting attack. I believe Steelclaw created a video of himself soloing Umyrr by running backwards and spamming Gold Burst. It only took a few minutes and he took almost no damage doing it.

Several different ideas have been suggested, but so far, all of them have had issues that made them unusable.
    Klaus Wulfenbach
    Mithril Council, Chaos
    "Death is fleeting. Pride is forever."

"Let us have faith that right makes might, and in that faith, let us, to the end, dare to do our duty as we understand it."-- Abraham Lincoln

Thread Information