Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Built myself a castle

Default Built myself a castle

Ok so I got bored waiting for the new plot info to come out.. so I built a castle in northern Saritova.

Don't believe me? Check this out.

I can't paste the images here, they're too big (1600x1000) but you can click HERE to see them!

As you can see.. it's pretty tall. About 15 stories (almost as high as a light house) with lots of parapets, murder holes and some pretty architecture inside as well as the outside. I didn't put a whole lot of time into it since I was sure it was a glitch and would self-correct quickly. But I did manage to make it to the top and take some pictures while I was up there too.

It's got a front, back and sides that I threw together quickly. Two sets of porticullis. On both the front and back gates.

Wish we could build these! Course they're resource hogs (see the pic dealing with the resource requirements.. it's.. quite a bit). But this really makes a statement!
    Mensarian state of mind: Being without one completely!

Default Re: Built myself a castle

I love this idea. hope if it does become avialbe to build that it will be a storage building and if one of the highest and hardest buildings that it hold alot of items could use something like that on my plot hehe :P
    Leonea-Leo for short please ((Pudda Tank!/Builder))
    Yavahona-or known as YAVAFLAVA!

i dont understand why this castle stuff got never implemented! it should be usable ingame? the offline version works ^^

at least for guild plots?

Impressive

Hurray! Mor
    rison is back at his house near Bristugo!
    And the wisps on wis
    p isle are moving again!
    If you can't see 'em, you know you've got proper invisible runes.

I'd like for them to pop one of these things in somewhere - maybe down Harro way - for us to build in our ongoing struggle with the Aegis. Have it open up something new.

Have monsters running interference. And have some mobs drop special item pieces whilst we are building it for items that can be constructed for the duration of the project then are lost again. Which will go on in time to become collectables and treasured possessions.

Plenty of fun for adventurers and crafters alike.

I like the look of them. It could simply be the biped eqivalent of a dragons grandhall. As for in game I would like to seem them have more functionality other than just storage.

In a perfect world they would be attackable by the WA but we all know that aint gonna happen. People would be mad if their buildings were destroyed. I would like to see the castle maybe give off an AoE buff to the surrounding players.

Like say you constructed one in Harro. It could give off a generous buff to the surrounding area. Of course it would have to be tested on how large an area it would affect. Afterall, those artifacts built in the player towns were kinda dumb as all they did was trigger an attack that was quickly squashed.

That would be such a good place for a castle!

Or near Harro, yeah.

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

Well the reason I suggested HArro is because it would make sense since they were generally use as strategic defense points. SInce most of the player towns never get attacked it would be weird to have a player island with castles popping up all over them.

They can't really be used in battle scenarios because of 2 things:
    Perch Code (mobs would run away), and what has been referred to inthe past as world model. Mobs already walk right thru the walls of structures. Unless that was fixed, these couldn't be used for much more than say looks.

One could be placed someplace out in ED, away from mobs, with NPC's etc. Could be assembled and even have some quests.

Placing it on a plot might be cool too, however my understanding was there was only one plot in game (the south march castle plot) that had room for these. So really, placing on a players plot seems inappropriate. Be better off if these were few and far between in Istaria, not on every other plot.

Oh im completely aware of the problems in battle scenarios. Its was just more wishful thinking than anything else. I would like them to be few and far between though. I could see them being used for events though than actually letting players build them.

howd you build that?
    ^.^ *Speed Demon of order..*

Quote Originally Posted by rizo/nawkia View Post
    howd you build that?
    Was in preview mode.. when you plan something out in either a lair or a plot, the actual structures are there before you hit "build". You can walk into them, they have solid structure to them, etc.

So.. I may have used the wrong word.. I didn't "build" them in the sense that they were waiting for resources. I did, however, plan them and use the preview to play around with.

Well i was aware you could do that just wasnt aware that a castle had been added....lol so i guess that means that we can actually build them on our plots If ya can plan it you can build it.

Well i was aware you could do that just wasnt aware that a castle had been added....lol so i guess that means that we can actually build them on our plots If ya can plan it you can build it.
    I'm positive it was a glitch.. I tried hitting "build" over and over.. nothing happened Plus each wall was about what it would cost to make a T5 guildhall.. it was crazy.

it was in the 3d models folder i suspect since launch, anyway a very long time, as is all the furniture

i would like to mention to the devs that it seems like it would be a very rewarding upgrade for the players. with relatively little effort to achieve.
    buildable lighthouses, lampposts, heck why not even artifacts?
    the more variety the better.

you got the models, you got the footprints, they need to have resources assigned to them, and perhaps a planning-bump-map (for the planning window) and ofcourse serveral other things would need to be done.

however this seems to me relative high-value-players with low-dev-time-cost.

please correct me if im wrong.

in game i hear many players wondering why all these nice buildings, are not buildable.

is this on the to-do list?
    will we never see it for some reason? (if so please communicate with us why, this would help greatly in our understanding, and prevent strange gossip finding its way into the virtual world)

I remember reading that new building would be added to the buildable list, in the september Developer's Desk, IIRC

Bipeds will get another storage structure and dragons get some new tapestries as I recall. I kinda doubt it'll be a castle though, hehe.

Itd be one project i would actually dedicate myself to lol

Just noticed that there is in the backround a full build castle.. *drool*

»• Adventurer 100 | Crafter 100 | Lairshaper 100 | 100 Million Hoard | Expert Dragoncrafter | Expert Lairshaper •«

i hope that in the future that there will be castles in Horizons!

they are so overwhelming

Thread Information