Thread: Major Plot Bug (possible exploit)

Default Major Plot Bug (possible exploit)

Was looking at one of my alt's plots that I am going to have to get rid of and thought about giving it to a guildmate until I found the following...

Heather (22641 / 26209)

Seems the plot boundries were rotated N-S and E-W...but the structures weren't. The new plot boundaries are 90-degrees from the original and I am allowed to build items in these vacant corners. Tested it out and it let my place a jman shop right on top of the road in front of the oak trees.

Now I have no idea what to do with the plot...give it to guildmate, decon it for moving to other guild properties, sell it to someone else that lives in the area, wait for Developer response, or a combinatino of the above???
    Last edited by Aaelefein; October 9th, 2008 at 11:38 PM. Reason: wording in title
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist
    Treyvan - Adult Dragon 100A/100DC/100LS/95CS
    Skandrannon - Growing and Expert Dragon Crafter

Default Re: Major Plot Bug (possible exploit)

This is not an exploit, but it will look really ugly if you build over other structures.

Yes, we rotated plots if at all possible, though I thought I only rotated plots that were condemned. I apologize for rotating on that's owned.

The reason for rotating plots is because as we work to ensure that the footprints of structures are what we think they are, and as we create new items for plots, it is going to be vastly easier to know that everything is oriented along straight N/S lines rather than being turned some number of degrees.

For things to look right, I would suggest taking down the buildings and rebuild within the new boundaries.

My concern is, the plot is almost fully built now, but with the new boundaries, I've gained about 40% more building space on top of what is already there. (Place a wire square, then another one on top of that at a 45-degree angle...those corners are fully buildable)

even if I, or a new owner were to do as you suggest, one corner of the plot (Which used to run parallel to the road) now fully overlaps the road.
    Spirit Brothers
    Aaelefein - Foremost a Grand Master Crafter, also a Paladin/Healer/Druid/Mage/Spiritist

I'll look into moving the road.

Are you rebuilding that plot Aaefelein? That was the only plot in Heather that had a Vault. Lots of people used the Woodworking shop there also. Was totally surprised that you totally deconned it.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoberton View Post
    Are you rebuilding that plot Aaefelein? That was the only plot in Heather that had a Vault. Lots of people used the Woodworking shop there also. Was totally surprised that you totally deconned it.
    Trust me, this was not done lightly, and if I had known things were going to change int he near future, I would not have bought the plot from Valiant in the first place. (I did however give him double what he was asking...4g I think it was).

Since buying the plot, things in real life have changed that necessitate a sever reduction in the number of accounts, thus the number of plots I can maintain. I'm already in the process if dropping my Dragon's lair, whether it sells or I have to decon it.

I did give thought to trying and selling the plot outright, but several of the key buildings, vault, guildhouse, smithy and I think woodworking shop, were outside of the new plot boundries. Yes...they could have stayed where they are, but it would have been an exploit in my opinion if that were to be done and further construction was placed in the new boundries.

So no...I will not be rebuilding and am currently waiting on the 24hr timer of my alt to sell back to the community. The materials will go towards other plots owned by guildmates.

I will however, should someone else buy and or plan a vault, I will help get it built...just tell me when and where.

I am aware this news will upset some people, and for that I am sorry. This was not my intention when I assumed the plot. At the time I still had plans on acquiring other plots during the auction with the hopes of saving them. So in the end, it's a good thing my real life plans changed before the auctions started.

Aaelefein
    Spirit Brothers

Was much the same when I saw that someone had torn down the guild hall RIGHT next to the Portal. I know many had been bound there.
    SiLang Drag 100, Dcra 100, Dlsh 100 100M Hoard Ancient Dragon of Flight of the Order Shard
    Parcasta Storm Disciple 44, ARM 88, BLK 100, CRP 25, ENC 23, FIT 88, GTH 80, JWL 40, MIN 80, MSN 82, OUT 100, SCH 100, TLR 10, WPN 88, WVR 21

Thread Information